PDA

View Full Version : eBay Purchase Protection?

frenchy101
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
im about to import an M3 from the states, and the owner said theyd ship it to me, therefore i dont get the chance to go down and pick it up myself, its in masachusettes...so i wouldnt want to go down either
but the point im trying to make is that she wants to use eBay Purchase Protection to go about the financial aspect of the deal

how it works is that i send the funds to ebay, once ebay recieves them, they tell her to ship the car to me, once i get it, i have 15 days to test it and inspect it; blah blah, then if i like it i tell ebay to forward the cash to the seller

has anyone done this before, good? bad?

pf0sh0
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I personally haven't done it, a buddy of mine is going down after finding his car off ebay to check it out in person before sending out any money to anyone. But the way eBay sets it up.. hopefully you will have a safe transaction.

Still risky though, I suggest taking the precautions and seeing it first hand. If it is a good car, good for you, if it is a lemon.. atleast you didn't have to deal with all the bullshit that comes along with it.

civicluva
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I can tell you right now you are walking into a scam. Just by reading what you wrote. You don't send money to eBay, they are not a middle hand money manager. That 15 day BS guarantee period is typical scam artist talk... I rest my case. Don't even bother with that guy. Lemmie guess... its a 1995 Supra for $7000.00?

Weapon_R
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
I've never heard of an ebay service like this...sounds like your typical scam.

Do you have a link?

kylejw
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I've heard of this scam before.

A790
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by frenchy101
im about to import an M3 from the states, and the owner said theyd ship it to me, therefore i dont get the chance to go down and pick it up myself, its in masachusettes...so i wouldnt want to go down either
but the point im trying to make is that she wants to use eBay Purchase Protection to go about the financial aspect of the deal

how it works is that i send the funds to ebay, once ebay recieves them, they tell her to ship the car to me, once i get it, i have 15 days to test it and inspect it; blah blah, then if i like it i tell ebay to forward the cash to the seller

has anyone done this before, good? bad?
SCAM.

E-mail eBay and ask about it. SCAM.

ZC_CIVIC
11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
i use ebay like everyday and ive never headrd of this b4? but then again i have not bought anything for over 2 grand

ZC_CIVIC
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/services/purchase-protection.html

thats the ebay vehical protection plan... so read that and it has some answers i would assume

bobby_lu
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
You want to buy a car sight unseen from the humid/cold/salty northeastern US?

That should be enough to not get you to purchase the car, let alone the scam, if it is one.

$0.02

Team_Mclaren
11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
ebay doesnt do money transfer, its a scam.

iamkorean
12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
its a total scam.
well i haven't done it with any automobiles, but i used to use paypal... all the buyers protection, to the some extent its good up to 2000, and if there is any screw up, like if seller send the money back to you thru paypal and demanded out side paypal, they don't give a shit.
its better to see it with your own eyes and pay on the spot, get every thing signed you suppose to...