PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Prices

colsankey
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Anyone else hear the Calgary Subaru ads on Country 105 saying they are offering US Prices on all 07 and 08 models, including imprezas?

Just wondering if anyone has called them/heard anything about it

Toms-SC
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Holy crap, if this is true go Subaru!

rc2002
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
If that's true, resale on preowned subarus just went out the window. Plus the guys who imported subies from the US paid a huge premium.

I'm going to look into this. An STI for $30k is mighty tempting.

Toms-SC
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Any dealers open today?

gpomp
12-02-2007, 05:01 PM
right :zzz: :zzz:

Aleks
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
If that's true, resale on preowned subarus just went out the window. Plus the guys who imported subies from the US paid a huge premium.

07 STi is 34K USD I believe.

List price here is 48.9K CAD.

If indeed they have any left and they are selling them at 34 K CAD I am going to pick one up on Monday. I know there are a few guys on this board that work there. Lets see if they can confirm this. LOL.

Weapon_R
12-02-2007, 05:38 PM

haha who cares? Those who lost a few dollars on their used Subaru will also pay less for a new Subaru :D

Once everyone follows suit, it'll still be a level playing field.

Altezza
12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Hmm...interesting....I've been thinking about an '08 Impreza hatch as a daily driver. $17,495 would be an awesome deal!

Skyline_Addict
12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
this can't be happening. did the ad say if it was some super small time frame limited time offer or is it being adjusted indefinetely?

88CRXGUY
12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I went on Subaru Canada website and it says nothing about canadian/us pricing. Does the OP or anyone else have any other proof rather than the radio that Subaru maybe doing this?

Shaolin
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I'd like to see if this is true as well, because I might have to do some car shopping if this is the case.

Xtrema
12-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I call BS or a mistake.

If they are selling STi for $34K, I'll buy one without even thinking about it.

Ekliptix
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
I'd be very surprised if there's any truth in this.

max_boost
12-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
Anyone else hear the Calgary Subaru ads on Country 105 saying they are offering US Prices on all 07 and 08 models, including imprezas?

Just wondering if anyone has called them/heard anything about it

You didn't hear this first hand did you? It's crazy how much a message gets distorted after traveling through a few different people.

This is ridiculous. And how come everyone who's posted here is an OG? Can't even flame you guys for being n00bs and believing in it. :thumbsdow: :bullshit:

For the 0.1% chance that I'm wrong, I'll buy you guys steak dinner from the $15K+ I'm saving on a CANADIAN STI. :drool: :burnout: :thumbsup: hahahaha

colsankey
12-03-2007, 07:04 AM
My girlfriend heard the ad, didnt believe her so i listened to country 105, heard the ad, didnt realy believe what i heard so listened to it for the rest of the day so i could hear it again. Definitely said that. Course the dealership was like "Huh? What ad was that? What radio station? I don't know about that one.."

IRL
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
My girlfriend heard the ad, didnt believe her so i listened to country 105, heard the ad, didnt realy believe what i heard so listened to it for the rest of the day so i could hear it again. Definitely said that. Course the dealership was like "Huh? What ad was that? What radio station? I don't know about that one.."

So in other words...you misheard the ad??? haha j/k

I knew it was to good to be true!

benyl
12-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I know Bentley is doing that. The ads are on all the time. Like anyone who listens to the radio can afford a Bentley... hhahaha

nj2Type-S
12-03-2007, 09:55 AM
^my thoughts exactly, haha! :rofl:

Aleks
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
A friend of mine called them and there is no such deal. They don't even have any STi's left.

SilverRex
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
dam, thanks for getting my hopes high:banghead:

max_boost
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
OK so it wasn't true, what a surprise! :zzz: hahaha

jdmXSI
12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
If i remember right. The ad said "conquered US pricing". I think it was intended to generate traffic, since its been kinda slow since all the cross boarder shopping.

CRXguy
12-03-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.albertasubaruclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5160

It's a start I guess.

jdmXSI
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I heard there was gonna be something along the line of that. But i never thought it would be that large of an incentive!:D

Aleks
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I heard there was gonna be something along the line of that. But i never thought it would be that large of an incentive!:D

jdmXSI

These are strictly Manufacturer rebates right,

So then you can still negotiate on the price on top of this correct?

colsankey
12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Is there a link to that press release official somewhere? Trying to find more info on it, looking to see if it applies to the impreza.

colsankey
12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry, got lazy, did find the official press release. However doesn't say what it applies to. Guess i'll call the number tomorrow

jdmXSI
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

jdmXSI

These are strictly Manufacturer rebates right,

So then you can still negotiate on the price on top of this correct?

Yeah these are from the Manufacturer. Id be lying if i said they weren't.

As for the Impreza's and Forester's, I dont think there will be any kind of additional rebate on them. As of Sept 1st, any Impreza (2008) and Forester (2008 & 2009) Manufactured after this date are now inadmissable into Canada from the United States. The rebates are more in place to curb cross boarder shopping.

colsankey
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM
anyone know why there are inadmissable? Is it because of the immobilizer and therefore may be taken off the inadmissable list when the changes for these laws go into effect?

GTS Jeff
12-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Yeah these are from the Manufacturer. Id be lying if i said they weren't.

As for the Impreza's and Forester's, I dont think there will be any kind of additional rebate on them. As of Sept 1st, any Impreza (2008) and Forester (2008 & 2009) Manufactured after this date are now inadmissable into Canada from the United States. The rebates are more in place to curb cross boarder shopping. The 08 Impreza will become admissible again once the immobilizer regulation amendments are in place. Wheeeeeeeee.

rayquan
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Well, we got a call yesterday from Subaru sale person that they did offer $7000 off the price. But it is still cheaper to buy it from US.

We also got a call from the US Subaru sale person from Great Falls minutes ago saying that starting Jan 2, 2008 that you won't be able to import Subaru from US any more!!! Has any of you heard of that? Or is he just lying?

Is it OK to drive back from Great Falls, Montana during December if it happens to have snow (not snow storm, off course. Just let`s say from mild to moderate)?

rc2002
12-04-2007, 02:09 PM
^ It's not cheaper by much. I've been pricing out quite a few cars and after you factor in the rebate as well as the 6.1% duty and all the other small BS taxes, you'll be within a few thousand dollars.

That's not enough for me to take time out of my schedule and bring one back across the border. Especially since you have to deal with Subaru USA for warranty claims not to mention the lower resale value that US cars enjoy.

tentacles
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
The one's with the rebates are all made in USA.

Crymson
12-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I think Carter Subaru in Seattle specifically caters to Canadians. Try them. There was an article in one of the Calgary papers, and they had some quotes from one of their sales guys.

Skyline_Addict
12-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rayquan
Well, we got a call yesterday from Subaru sale person that they did offer $7000 off the price. But it is still cheaper to buy it from US.

We also got a call from the US Subaru sale person from Great Falls minutes ago saying that starting Jan 2, 2008 that you won't be able to import Subaru from US any more!!! Has any of you heard of that? Or is he just lying?

Is it OK to drive back from Great Falls, Montana during December if it happens to have snow (not snow storm, off course. Just let`s say from mild to moderate)?

$7000 off what model? If this is for the WRX, then that's what I would call, pretty damn good price matching. It would in fact make it cheaper, if only slightly, to buy here (for a Canadian).

I heard from a friend that they were offering a large rebate off the Subaru Legacy GT, which I believe was around $7000 - is that what you're referring to? I'm only interested in a WRX so if it doesn't apply to that, it's a major bummer.

edit: nvm, just read it's only for tribecas, forresters and legacys

fuck!

LLLimit
12-04-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/071204-5.htm

Aleks
12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

$7000 off what model? If this is for the WRX, then that's what I would call, pretty damn good price matching. It would in fact make it cheaper, if only slightly, to buy here (for a Canadian).

I heard from a friend that they were offering a large rebate off the Subaru Legacy GT, which I believe was around $7000 - is that what you're referring to? I'm only interested in a WRX so if it doesn't apply to that, it's a major bummer.

fuck!

Take a look at a LGT, it's a way nicer car. You can get one in the low 30s loaded with leather, s/r, auto etc.

rayquan
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

fuck!

I was referring to Tribeca as you have already known. We are planning to buy that from Great Falls but afraid it would be a problem driving back during December when it would snow in anytime :(. So how about the "rumor" from the US saleperson? I might call other US dealer to find out!

Ferio_vti
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM

If that's the case, there will be some wicked deals on used stuff.

benyl
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM

All Subarus come with AWD.

They plow I-15 well enough that All season tires is all you need.

GTS Jeff
12-04-2007, 04:23 PM
afraid it would be a problem driving back during December when it would snow in anytime :(.

You're seriously afraid to drive a Subaru in the snow? What - the - fuck.

rayquan
12-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

I should state that I will be driving my Accord to Great Falls with one of my friend, than drive back with two cars (mine and the new Subaru). For sure, it will be no problem with the Subby, might be problem with my Accord :).

I have checked the option of taking Greyhound south, but strange enough they don't offer schedule to Great Falls :thumbsdow .

jdmXSI
12-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, with the prices reduced 7-8 thousand dollars, 3 years/60,000 kms no charge maintinace, 3 years unlimited 24 hour road side assistance and no objection to warrenty. Why still consider a US car?Let me see what i can do for you. just let me know which model and options you wanted and i will see what can be done to save you a trip to the states.

rayquan
12-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Just out of curiosity, with the prices reduced 7-8 thousand dollars, 3 years/60,000 kms no charge maintinace, 3 years unlimited 24 hour road side assistance and no objection to warrenty. Why still consider a US car?Let me see what i can do for you. just let me know which model and options you wanted and i will see what can be done to save you a trip to the states.

We are interested in the Tribeca Ltd 7-passenger model, too bad they won't offer with the Canadian models unless you go all the way to the top model. We were quoted for $34,000 US (delivery charge included + 0% tax) with that ($33,000 for 5-passenger). So even with 6% GST (5% starting in 2008) + some extra fee, that will come to just a bit over $35,000 for a Ltd 5 seater. I'd like to know if you can bring the price closer to that :) .

jdmXSI
12-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Pm me with your contact info. So i can discuss a few differnt options with you.

Thanks

colsankey
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
The 08 Impreza will become admissible again once the immobilizer regulation amendments are in place. Wheeeeeeeee.

Hopefully that means some rebates/incentives from Subaru in order to stop us from waiting to get one from the states. To be honest, a 3 year warranty is not enough to keep me from buying from Canada. For a new car warranty, that is probably one of the smallest.

max_boost
12-04-2007, 10:55 PM

We are interested in the Tribeca Ltd 7-passenger model, too bad they won't offer with the Canadian models unless you go all the way to the top model. We were quoted for $34,000 US (delivery charge included + 0% tax) with that ($33,000 for 5-passenger). So even with 6% GST (5% starting in 2008) + some extra fee, that will come to just a bit over $35,000 for a Ltd 5 seater. I'd like to know if you can bring the price closer to that :) .

Wow. I'm in the exact same boat! My dad wants a Tribeca Ltd. 7 passenger without Nav+DVD but that is only available in the USA so we are forced to go South if we want to buy one. My rough estimate is $36K all said and done including travel costs and compliance procedures.

GTS Jeff
12-05-2007, 12:21 AM

I should state that I will be driving my Accord to Great Falls with one of my friend, than drive back with two cars (mine and the new Subaru). For sure, it will be no problem with the Subby, might be problem with my Accord :).

I have checked the option of taking Greyhound south, but strange enough they don't offer schedule to Great Falls :thumbsdow . The Accord is fine...

Altezza
12-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Wow. I'm in the exact same boat! My dad wants a Tribeca Ltd. 7 passenger without Nav+DVD but that is only available in the USA so we are forced to go South if we want to buy one. My rough estimate is $36K all said and done including travel costs and compliance procedures.

If you let me use your Tribeca to tow back a new car for me, I'll even do the paperwork for your dad ;)

SilverRex
12-05-2007, 01:34 PM

Thanks

any deals on the LEgacy SPEC B?

gpomp
12-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

any deals on the LEgacy SPEC B? the link said $7000

rayquan
12-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Thanks

Still waiting for your PM of the "maybe" better deal on a 2008 Tribeca Ltd 5-passenger!

jdmXSI
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
pm'ed:thumbsup:

riander
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
pm me pricing on new sti's

bituerbo
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
If they were looking to budge on the impreza's it might be an incentive to shop in canada, but there's $1000 off of USD prices of all in-stock 2007 2.5i impreza's and $750 off WRX models from 2007 - that's a factory rebate, so it will be on top of any dealership promotions.

And 2007 models are eligible for export still.

max_boost
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Still waiting for your PM of the "maybe" better deal on a 2008 Tribeca Ltd 5-passenger! For the $3000-$4000 you save on an American Tribeca, you might as well save the hassle and buy from here.

I'm going to check out the Harvest Gold Metallic in their showroom tomorrow. Dibs!! hahaha

jdmXSI is going to hook up a sweet deal. :thumbsup:

googe
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM

haha, its all about the tires. awd doesnt mean anything! i remember the first snowfall that I had the STI i thought I could get away with a short trip to the gas station on the stock tires. couldnt even get it out of the flat driveway. all 4 hockey pucks spinning in place :D i think jaymez said he tried that too.

if you arent getting an STI, the stock tires should be fine though. even the stock WRX tires were good for the winter.

GTS Jeff
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by googe

haha, its all about the tires. awd doesnt mean anything! i remember the first snowfall that I had the STI i thought I could get away with a short trip to the gas station on the stock tires. couldnt even get it out of the flat driveway. all 4 hockey pucks spinning in place :D i think jaymez said he tried that too.

if you arent getting an STI, the stock tires should be fine though. even the stock WRX tires were good for the winter. Yeah true, the stock STI tires are those RE050s right?

gpomp
12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
re070

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bridgestone/bs_potenza_re70_1000.jpg

Xtrema
12-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
the link said $7000

Hmmm, if they give you $7K and dealer willing to give away a bit of the $3K profit the price will really be same as US.

Wow.

Not bad at all.

EDIT: OMG WTF did they do to the Legacy? That's one ugly grill and rear bumper. And Spec B only comes in 2 colors?

Aleks
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Hmmm, if they give you $7K and dealer willing to give away a bit of the $3K profit the price will really be same as US.

Wow.

Not bad at all.

Potential savings are about 10K on the LGT and LGT spec B :thumbsup:

gpomp
12-05-2007, 10:20 PM
LGT can be had for under $30k down here. somewhere around $28-29k, the spec B is around $32-33k

Takemetoothemoo
12-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I hope everyone taking about US 08 subarus has been fallowing the cat and mouse game.
Transport Canada is amending the immobilizer loop hole as of Jan 1

Subarus answer to that is http://www.carswithoutborders.com/wo...2007-12-03.jpg
Effectively stopping us from being able to buy any 08's. And possible any used cars from dealers.

Join the petition i just did.

http://www.carswithoutborders.com/

So this new price deal is a good start. but its only temporary once they luck up the supply again they will not have to do it.

Aleks
12-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
LGT can be had for under $30k down here. somewhere around $28-29k, the spec B is around $32-33k

LGT can be had for 31-32 here, not worth it right now to buy one in US new and have all the hassle with dealer, lower resale etc.

Now what they need is a 10K off new STI coupon or something when it comes out :D :hitit:

colsankey
12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Takemetoothemoo
I hope everyone taking about US 08 subarus has been fallowing the cat and mouse game.
Transport Canada is amending the immobilizer loop hole as of Jan 1

Subarus answer to that is http://www.carswithoutborders.com/wo...2007-12-03.jpg
Effectively stopping us from being able to buy any 08's. And possible any used cars from dealers.

Join the petition i just did.

http://www.carswithoutborders.com/

So this new price deal is a good start. but its only temporary once they luck up the supply again they will not have to do it.

Wow that really makes me mad. All these car dealers who are sealing up the border are just losing a lot of credit in my eyes, as well as a lot of other peoples. It's called FREE TRADE for a reason you jack$sses.

Thing that drives me crazy too is their new deal just proves that they are making a lot more profit than they say they are if they can give a $8,000 rebate on a car. If they remove the "great deals" after January 3rd it will make me start to think they are not as good of a car dealer as they make themselves sound like.

max_boost
12-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Just helped my dad finish up a deal on the Tribeca. We are excited!! :clap:

bigbadboss101
12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
What did you pay for the Tribeca? My friend went to the States to pick up one. I am not sure what model his is, pretty sure it's the smaller version not the 7 passenger.

He said Calgary Subaru's list price is $48k. They have the $7k off bring it to $41 ish. Then they will give him a couple k off if he take one off the lot. My friend wanted a certain color which they didn't have. So potentially he could have got one here for $38 ish before the extras.

He purchased one in the states for $32xxx. Hence savings of around $5k before the cost of getting the car from the USA to here.

If it was me I would think hard about the $5k savings vs the maintenance, the need to get reimbursed when doing warranty work, and yes the lower resale value of the car being USA made.

rayquan
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Finally got a Tribeca Limited 7-pass before Xmas! Anyone knows how to remove the head restraints/rests in the middle row? Need to remove them in order to put in the booster car seats (with back and head support) for our kids! We can use just the boosters but sometimes our kids fall asleep, it will be much better with the back and head support of the booster in place.

Usually those head restraints/rests can just be pulled off by pressing the spring button, but these ones seem to refuse to get off!!! Thanks for any advice.