PDA

View Full Version : XS cargo Clubs

Supa Dexta
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
I just noticed xs cargo has a few different versions of "the club" for sale, and damn cheap (they are normally ~50 bux I think) on for 9-14$

They are a help to protect your car, most crack heads will pass on that and go for something easier..

:thumbsup:

kevie88
12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I suppose.. but have you seen how fast you can cut thru a steering wheel with a hacksaw? less than 30 seconds with a new blade is usually enough. Clubs don't do shit IMHO..

I'd install a kill switch somewhere in the car that prevents it from starting instead (or in addition to the club for that 'visual crackhead deterrent'), you'll be much better off in the long run.

Toms-SC
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Do all of the above

Club + Kill Switch. Multi layers of security ftw.

mekeni
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Do all of the above

Club + Kill Switch. Multi layers of security ftw.

:werd:

with all the things happening here in calgary, your car can never be "too protected"

94SSEi
12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
The Club isn't intended to be/effective in deterring serious car thieves. If they know what they are doing, you are pretty much hooped no matter what.

The club is just supposed to stop your car from being stolen by someone who wants a quick and easy grab. It also makes your car look tougher to steal than the car next to it...

Good find.

svenn
12-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 94SSEi
The Club isn't intended to be/effective in deterring serious car thieves. If they know what they are doing, you are pretty much hooped no matter what.

The club is just supposed to stop your car from being stolen by someone who wants a quick and easy grab. It also makes your car look tougher to steal than the car next to it...

Good find.

:werd:

topmade
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I have a club and use it, but I never lock it. I don't drive a nice car and it's enough of a deterent for a theif to look at another car.

ricosuave
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I suppose.. but have you seen how fast you can cut thru a steering wheel with a hacksaw? less than 30 seconds with a new blade is usually enough. Clubs don't do shit IMHO..

I'd install a kill switch somewhere in the car that prevents it from starting instead (or in addition to the club for that 'visual crackhead deterrent'), you'll be much better off in the long run.

cause i dont want the crackheads breaking my side window to get in? the club may be enough to deter it

thanks for posting supa dexta!

97'Scort
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Fuel and ignition kill, double locked doors, chipped key. My car isn't going anywhere.

Visually, there's nothing they can see to steal, so hopefully that's enough!

Destinova403
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Fuel and ignition kill, double locked doors, chipped key. My car isn't going anywhere.

Visually, there's nothing they can see to steal, so hopefully that's enough!

werd... chipped key, engine kill and hiding your stuff is great... take a look at a decent car alarm too they can work wonders unless the thief can re-wire a car in 2 mins you should be good if it goes off...

4lti7ude
03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Everyone always says that you can cut through a steering wheel that has a club on it.
But thats why they got Dual lock Clubs now that have four hooks instead.
Cause even if the robber cuts one half of the steering wheel, the club is still holding on the other half with the other two hooks.
Its like having two clubs on one wheel.

Eleanor
03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I remember seeing awhile back there was kind of a club except it went underneath your clutch(manual)/brake(auto) so someone could start the car but it would be impossible to put into gear. seemed like a better idea then the club.

Cooked Rice
03-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm getting a Nardi steering wheel soon here, so I would guess getting a release hub and taking my wheel with me would do the same thing? I guess it wouldn't be as practical if you were going to the mall and you have to have your steering wheel with you lol.

JRSC00LUDE
03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
^

How convenient, I have the same setup but am missing a car to hook it up to. Where do you park?

Eleanor
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
I'm getting a Nardi steering wheel soon here, so I would guess getting a release hub and taking my wheel with me would do the same thing? I guess it wouldn't be as practical if you were going to the mall and you have to have your steering wheel with you lol.

Lock it in your trunk :dunno:

Supa Dexta
03-20-2008, 09:13 AM
But if they break into the car without paying attention to there being no wheel, then all they have to do is hit the trunk release.

nj2Type-S
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
sorry to hijack the thread but...how much does getting a kill switch cost and where can i go get it done???

Cooked Rice
03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Taking off the wheel is a visual detterent. A few companies make quick release hubs with a locking device as well which prevents someone from mating a steering wheel onto it, if it's locked.......

VeilOctane
03-20-2008, 09:34 AM
sounds like you need the auto tazer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=470QssZt-rE&feature=related

http://www.spyworld.net/AutoTaser2.jpg

Palmiros
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I usually just lock my doors and use the club.. (which I did get from XS Cargo for $15 bucks) I can only imagine having a chipped key doesn't hurt either.

Maybe I will invest in a fuel killswitch down the road. How much would I be looking at for something like that?

BlkMaxima
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by VeilOctane
sounds like you need the auto tazer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=470QssZt-rE&feature=related

http://www.spyworld.net/AutoTaser2.jpg

That's funny lol.

Although they could probably find a reason to bring you to court for it.:D