PDA

View Full Version : Apprasial Suggestions?

DragZilla
12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
So my car was written off in a fire, and my insurance company came back with an offer that is pretty much the price I paid for the car. I've provided $26000 in receipts for the parts I've put into the car. The insurance adjuster said I should get what the car is worth.... and half of the parts I've put into it. Now since I wont take their original offer I have to hire my own appraiser and then have a meeting between my appraiser and their appraiser with a umpire to make the final decision on which adjuster is right.
Can anyone suggest an appraisal company that they have used before and had positive outcomes with?

Xtrema
12-03-2007, 06:02 PM
1) Did you report the $26K of improvement to the insurance company so they are adjust their premium accordingly?

2) Is the fire your fault or someone elses?

3) Do you have full coverage?

The question is, how can you appraise something that's no longer there? I think their offer of full value + 50% of added parts is very generous. We all know parts worth nothing once they are installed.

DragZilla
12-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
1) Did you report the $26K of improvement to the insurance company so they are adjust their premium accordingly?

2) Is the fire your fault or someone elses?

3) Do you have full coverage?

The question is, how can you appraise something that's no longer there? I think their offer of full value + 50% of added parts is very generous. We all know parts worth nothing once they are installed.

1) no I did not report the parts to my insurance company before the the fire.

2) The fire was caused due to Mechanical Failure

3) Yes I have full coverage

The claims advisor said I should get the value of the car plus half of what I put into it. which is nothing close to what I am being offered now.

nadroj23
12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Thats sucks its different for every insurance company. I wrote my car off in the spring due to the rain storms we had and they gave me $3000 more than what i paid for the car plus on top of that they gave me 80% of what i put into the car............all depends

Jayson
12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
You can try "Independent Auto Appraisals" I've used them before and they seemed good...

Independent Auto Appraisal Ltd
415 36 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 1W3
(403) 640-2225

pf0sh0
12-04-2007, 09:20 PM
I was jsut at Independent Appraisals yesterday getting my bumper damage appraised, they are very fair at their appraisals.

Xtrema
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by DragZilla

2) The fire was caused due to Mechanical Failure

3) Yes I have full coverage

The claims advisor said I should get the value of the car plus half of what I put into it. which is nothing close to what I am being offered now.

I wonder if they're cheaping out because of 1 and 2. I know my insurance has a value attach to the policy and stated you MUST report all mods. Otherwise, the premium you paid will be based on perceived value of the car.

Sounds like it's going to be messy, good luck.

tom_9109
12-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Good luck getting another appraisal place to stand up and tell the insurance company that another professional is wrong and they need to pay more. Bite the hands that feeds..... What mechanical part caused the fire???

D. Dub
12-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by DragZilla

So if you didn't pay the insurance premiums for the extras why should you get credited for them?!?!?!

2002civic
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

So if you didn't pay the insurance premiums for the extras why should you get credited for them?!?!?!
exactly, your insurance would have been a lot more if you were covered for these mods...

tom_9109
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Insurance usually covers you for "Actual Cash Value" or "Fair Market Value"

I'll tell you what. Pm me al your details and pics before the fire, receipts everything, and I will help you know if you're getting what you deserve or not. I am an insurance appraiser and as long as you leave my name out of it I'll give you my opinion on PM's. I'll let you know if what you're getting is too low, or i its bang on or if its more than fair and you should run with it. Sound fair?