PDA

View Full Version : RANT: almost lane-changed into twice!

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Twice in two weeks and winter has barely begun...

I dont think I drive a smaller car by any means, but I've had a Tahoe turn on his signals and changes into my lane without even shoulder checking, and he was a half car length in front and beside me. So out of the corner of my eye I see him start to change and I'm pretty much boxed in behind and to my right. I hit my horn for a good 5 secs flat and he's still changing as if he didnt hear. meanwhile I'm halfway into the lane on my otherside avoiding this douche while making sure i dont hit those cars.

And this morning again by a Asian lady in a CRV who didnt hear my horn for five secs flat. I wish i had a louder horn.

Good thing for my cat like driving reflexes

SR240SX
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Maybe you should invest in those train horns:dunno:

QuasarCav
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Is the intent of these threads to make people change their driving behaviours or just to get it off your chest?

PINOY-X
12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
are you over it now? good!

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Is the intent of these threads to make people change their driving behaviours or just to get it off your chest?

I dunno..what's a rant? :rolleyes:

clem24
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok... title says "lane-changed" while the thread body says merge.

If simple LANE CHANGE, then yah, FUCK those stupid assholes that don't look and good on you for laying on the horn.

If MERGE, then FUCK YOU for not leaving a gap you dickwad. I hate asshats that don't know what a merge is and leave the merger with no where to go.

em2ab
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by clem24

If simple LANE CHANGE, then yah, FUCK those stupid assholes that don't look and good on you for laying on the horn.

If MERGE, then FUCK YOU for not leaving a gap you dickwad. I hate asshats that don't know what a merge is and leave the merger with no where to go.

Well.....the traffic sign is in the merge lane telling the merging vehicle to modify their driving style in order to adapt to the new road. For the person hurling down the road at 80 there's no sign for them meaning it's not their obligation to alter their driving style at all. It's the merger's responsibility to get in without inconveniencing other drivers.

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by clem24

No it wasn't a merge. edited my original post. It is always the mergers responsibility to adjust their speed according to the oncoming road's speed, but if its rush hour its always a good gesture to safely let one car in

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

Well.....the traffic sign is in the merge lane telling the merging vehicle to modify their driving style in order to adapt to the new road. For the person hurling down the road at 80 there's no sign for them meaning it's not their obligation to alter their driving style at all. It's the merger's responsibility to get in without inconveniencing other drivers.

LOL. This is exactly why it sucks to drive in this city. Man, you gotta work with everyone around you to avoid accidents.. I could really go off on you but its not worth it.

To the OP. you = goof. Half a car length ahead = You were in there blind spot correct? Why the hell would you sit half a car length behind someone, are you waiting for that tahoe to change lanes into you? this is something they really need to teach the kids stay the fuck outta peoples blind spots!

icecreamvan
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6

LOL. This is exactly why it sucks to drive in this city. Man, you gotta work with everyone around you to avoid accidents.. I could really go off on you but its not worth it.

To the OP. you = goof. Half a car length ahead = You were in there blind spot correct? Why the hell would you sit half a car length behind someone, are you waiting for that tahoe to change lanes into you? this is something they really need to teach the kids stay the fuck outta peoples blind spots!

:werd: They teach that in defensive driving courses. It should be mandatory for everyone who doesn't have a shred of common sense.

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 03:24 PM

Rush hour doesn't really give you much choice as to where your car is especially relative to the car BESIDE you. Who the fcuk are you to give me driving tips and to tell kids like me out there how to drive? oh ya btw my driving record > yours

Hakkola
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Doesn't it make your commute more exciting? Enjoy it! It makes life interesting...

QuasarCav
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82

Rush hour doesn't really give you much choice as to where your car is especially relative to the car BESIDE you. Who the fcuk are you to give me driving tips and to tell kids like me out there how to drive? oh ya btw my driving record > yours

I suggest a safety horn honk every 5 seconds.

Antonito
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Rush hour doesn't really give you much choice as to where your car is especially relative to the car BESIDE you.

:werd:

I'm getting pretty sick of having to speed up or slow down like a maniac to avoid being in someones blind spot for the second it takes them to forget I exist and start careening towards me because too many people are too fucking stupid to understand that a blind spot does not mean you can't ever see people, but that you need to check it

icecreamvan
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM

and flashing your highbeams while going through intersections?

suen17
12-03-2007, 03:37 PM
these rants are the dumbest thing ever. Lots of people get almost lane changed into, its not that big of a suprise nor are you the only person who experiences this. Why dont you write in a journal or rant to someone in real life then it would help you get a load off your chest much better. People always almost hit me, but I dont feel the need to make a "rant" thread and tell everyone how mad I am. Suck it up.

SR240SX
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by icecreamvan

and flashing your highbeams while going through intersections?

Damn beat me to it

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by suen17
these rants are the dumbest thing ever. Lots of people get almost lane changed into, its not that big of a suprise nor are you the only person who experiences this. Why dont you write in a journal or rant to someone in real life then it would help you get a load off your chest much better. People always almost hit me, but I dont feel the need to make a "rant" thread and tell everyone how mad I am. Suck it up.

Yah your right sorry for wasting your time, next time you see another thread title that says rant move on.

Antonito
12-03-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeah man, you're taking away from Suens precious time, he could be in the Society section making posts that are so fucking stupid that the next 2 pages are just responses to him proving how wrong he is or simply :banghead: :rolleyes:

icecreamvan
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

Yeah man, you're taking away from Suens precious time, he could be in the Society section making posts that are so fucking stupid that the next 2 pages are just responses to him proving how wrong he is or simply :banghead: :rolleyes:

Oh no you didn't.:rofl: :rofl:

analbumcover
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
this happened to me a couple times today too, the most recent time i was in the far right lane and out of no where this guy tried to turn into it, unfortunately my 'courtesy' car does not have a working horn so i had to pull into the next lane and slow down to avoid slamming into him... i looked over at him and gave him the WTF? look.. and he looked scared shitless and he still tried to drive past me while im in half that lane and half in the other... fucking moron

suen17
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM

You don't even know what you are talking about. Lets see you prove me wrong. You clearly have no material behind your little smart ass comment, so don't try challenging me. Thanks.

alloroc
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I hit my horn for a good 5 secs flat and he's still changing as if he didnt hear.

You don't think that in "5 seconds flat" you couldn't have made room?

Don't be a Bonehead next time - and stop driving in people's blind spots.

wardpr68
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

sadly you beat me to it :(

But seriously... i hate cocksuckers that stay in my blind spot for 5 kilometers. Its like you are asking for it.

alloroc
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM

No it wasn't a merge. edited my original post. It is always the mergers responsibility to adjust their speed according to the oncoming road's speed, but if its rush hour its always a good gesture to safely let one car in

Oh ya you are wrong here too.

Both vehicles have equal rights. The person in the lane next to the merge lane should also make room, slow down, move over, whatever.

Antonito
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM

You don't even know what you are talking about. Lets see you prove me wrong. You clearly have no material behind your little smart ass comment, so don't try challenging me. Thanks.

Oh yes, I must be wrong, there aren't any (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/198853/15-year-old-girl-jailed-with-20-men-and-raped-repeatedly/) threads (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198178&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=2) like what I described.

:rofl:

suen17
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Oh yes, I must be wrong, there aren't any (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/198853/15-year-old-girl-jailed-with-20-men-and-raped-repeatedly/) threads (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198178&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=2) like what I described.

:rofl:

You must be mistaken... Clearly I won those ones. But if you have any real arguments I will be happy to hear it. Thanks.

Antonito
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM

You must be mistaken... Clearly I won those ones. But if you have any real arguments I will be happy to hear it. Thanks.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I guess page after page of people proving you wrong isn't enough. My bad

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

You don't think that in "5 seconds flat" you couldn't have made room?

First of all, I was boxed in,...so blind spot or not you can fuck off if you think i couldve done something about it with cars tailgating me and cars bumper to bumper on my other side.

And I started honking my horn when he changed into my lane without looking and kept honking for 5 sec while i had no choice but to go halfway into the other lane to avoid him.

Alloroc your right about the merge part, but because this thread isnt about merging and also not about being in someones blind spot for 5 km you can make like a tree and leave

GTS Jeff
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM

You must be mistaken... Clearly I won those ones. But if you have any real arguments I will be happy to hear it. Thanks. Yes, you won those alright. That makes you a winner!! WOWWWWEEE YOU'RE A WINNER! YOU WIN!!!

Tik-Tok
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM

For the person hurling down the road at 80 there's no sign for them meaning it's not their obligation to alter their driving style at all. It's the merger's responsibility to get in without inconveniencing other drivers.

Please learn how to drive.

Alberta Highway Traffic Act

106(1) A driver of a vehicle about to enter on an intersecting
highway from a highway marked by a "merge" sign need not stop
that vehicle before so entering but shall take all necessary
precautions and merge safely with the traffic on the intersecting
highway.
(2) A driver on a highway marked by a "merging traffic" sign near
the intersection of another highway marked by a "merge" sign shall
take all reasonable precautions to allow a merging vehicle to enter
in safety on the highway on which that driver is driving.

rc2002
12-03-2007, 08:26 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 08:38 PM

.... LOL this is too easy. How can you even say your driving record is better then mine? What kind of statement is that, you dont even know who I am. But Here is my driving record:

CLEAN! 2+ years driving and no demerits or accidents. Some people call me lucky as fuck, as I speed quite a bit, but I am a smart driver. I am confident im a better driver then 99% of the people in calgary, and that definitly includes you, lol.. I would love to put your own foot in your mouth this summer on the street or track... oh ya btw my dick > yours!

Oh PS - congrats on starting to do your own oil changes:rofl: bahahaha

SR240SX
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
99%?..common now...i'll agree with you having a clean driving record but thats it lol

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
LOL Jay.. Even you are better then probably 85% of the drivers on the streets. Not like its that hard.. but when it comes down to it, I could out drive you in your own car.. BAHAHA

"whats heel toe?" - anonymous

coooOOOO000L MANNNNNNNN

Idratherbsidewayz
12-03-2007, 08:55 PM
2 years experience and you're saying you're better than 99%. The confidence is good, but you're an idiot.

Im sick of everyone saying they're a good driver. ESPECIALLY people with little to no experience such as yourself. Any idiot can drive, its what happens when you have an emergency maneuver that shows your true skillz. The only way to get good at that is experience, so obviously you're not as good as you think you are. Please don't drive like a cock.

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Confidence is good, how am I an idiot? Two years may not be that long but I have clocked a TON of km in those two years, how can you say OBVIOUSLY I am not as good as I think I am? Just because I havent been driving for very long? Or maybe its because I never did useless driver training haha? Here are a few things that make me a better driver then 99% of the people in calgary. the 1% would include people who actually track/race there car.

-I keep a FAR distance from cars ahead of me (5 or 6 cars usually) which has saved me from retards countless times.
- I pay attention when I drive, this comes from my love of driving, I dont read the newspaper or text message when I drive, rarely talk on the phone
- I do my best to keep the flow of traffic going undisturbed, cant change lanes to make my turn? Fine.. i dont mind taking the long way : D
- I never EVER EVER EVER sit in peoples blind spots. This is very important, EVERYONE does it, if you dont try to stay away from blind spots, i consider myself a better driver then you already.
- I know driving techniques that most people dont.. such as rev matching, heel toe, double clutch and PROPER braking threshold for my car. These are things that 99% of the people on the road dont know how to do.
- I could stop my 240 faster then a 240 with ABS. Most people on here can rev match, thats fine.. but drive in a non enthusiast car and most will not, heel toe doesnt make me a good driver, it just shows I know my car damn well and I can heel toe without the clutch. None of these are hard, it just takes practice.

Ill admit, I could always learn more. My spirited driving career has just been street, I cant wait till next summer I am gonna hit up autoX no matter what I am driving so I can actually push myself and become an even better driver.

EDIT: - The closest I have ever come to an accident was me almost hittin the back of a bus, following a friend during some spirited driving. Good thing I changed my brakes a week before that, it was fucking scarey and I learned a valuable lesson that day. Speeding through intersections = retarded, I always knew that before then and never really fucked around where people have to make decisions, but I just wasnt thinking that day or something, that will never happen again. I keep my heated driving to low traffic roads, and too anytime after 2AM : D.

SilverGS
12-03-2007, 09:50 PM

-I keep a FAR distance from cars ahead of me (5 or 6 cars usually) which has saved me from retards countless times.
- I pay attention when I drive, this comes from my love of driving, I dont read the newspaper or text message when I drive, rarely talk on the phone
- I do my best to keep the flow of traffic going undisturbed, cant change lanes to make my turn? Fine.. i dont mind taking the long way : D
- I never EVER EVER EVER sit in peoples blind spots. This is very important, EVERYONE does it, if you dont try to stay away from blind spots, i consider myself a better driver then you already.

So how do you drive in rush hour traffic? Leave big gaps in front of you?

Do you drive right beside someone at all times to avoid being in someone else's blind spot?

I agree with you about not being in peoples blind spots but rush hour bumper to bumper traffic is a different beast.

khtm
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I love the 16 year olds in this thread that give driving tips.

We ALL thought we knew everything when we were 16. :thumbsup:

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS

So how do you drive in rush hour traffic? Leave big gaps in front of you?

Do you drive right beside someone at all times to avoid being in someone else's blind spot?

I agree with you about not being in peoples blind spots but rush hour bumper to bumper traffic is a different beast.

I hardly get stuck in rushhour.. i take residential streets from north to south and back again if its rushhour.. i used to do it everyday. Rush hour is different, I dont leave big gaps, but i leave more space then everyone else thats for sure. I dont drive right beside someone all the time.. i dunno, i RARELY sit in rushhour honestly.. By rush hour most people mean deerfoot.. only time I touch deerfoot during rush hour is turning off of 17ave going north and i am on deerfoot for like 100 feet and I hit the memorial turn off right away. I avoid that shit like the plague.. too many idiots on one stretch of pavement for my liking.

Originally posted by khtm
I love the 16 year olds in this thread that give driving tips.

We ALL thought we knew everything when we were 16. :thumbsup:

This is probably pointed towards me... but maybe if you actually did some reading you would see that I have 2+ years driving, so automatically that would make me at least 18. TAH

SilverGS
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM

I hardly get stuck in rushhour.. i take residential streets from north to south and back again if its rushhour.. i used to do it everyday. Rush hour is different, I dont leave big gaps, but i leave more space then everyone else thats for sure. I dont drive right beside someone all the time.. i dunno, i RARELY sit in rushhour honestly.. By rush hour most people mean deerfoot.. only time I touch deerfoot during rush hour is turning off of 17ave going north and i am on deerfoot for like 100 feet and I hit the memorial turn off right away. I avoid that shit like the plague.. too many idiots on one stretch of pavement for my liking.

Well the OP did say he was in rush hour traffic making it pretty much impossible to not be in someones blind spot at some time.

As much as it would be ideal to not ever be in someones blind spot it is not even close to reality. This is why everyone who goes through some traffic school are taught to ALWAYS shoulder check before executing a lane change. It you lane change into someone, even if the other person is in your blind spot, you are at fault.

m3_powered
12-03-2007, 10:47 PM

CLEAN! 2+ years driving and no demerits or accidents. Some people call me lucky as fuck, as I speed quite a bit, but I am a smart driver. I am confident im a better driver then 99% of the people in calgary, and that definitly includes you, lol.. I would love to put your own foot in your mouth this summer on the street or track... oh ya btw my dick > yours!

Oh PS - congrats on starting to do your own oil changes:rofl: bahahaha

How the fuck can you even roughly say you're 99% percent a better driver than most people in Calgary; you stated ur self you "speed quite a bit", that alone throws you below the 50% mark no matter how good or a "smart driver" you think you are, and additionally ur friends call u "lucky as fuck" perhaps they first handedly seen ur shitty driving.. LOL

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh noes:zzz: another "speed kills" beyond cock sucker.. Just because I speed I am automatically a bad driver? I don't speed excessively, im talking 10-25 km over depending on the road. Occasionally more then that on certain roads, going more then 30 over is just retarded and thats when you get RAPED. I go a little fast, im prepared to pay the fine though, and i defiantly do not endanger peoples lives just buy going a few clicks over, unlike what a lot of people think on here.

"speed kills!"
o rly? Everytime?

I said im better then 99% of the drivers, not 99% better then most people in Calgary, lol. I am a smart driver. I don't speed just to speed, only sometimes. I speed to get away from retards like yourself in bmws on there cellphones who at the drop of a hat will just slam on there brakes knowing ABS does all the thinking for you. I speed to get into pockets of open road in between groups of traffic and then slow down again, staying far away from the groups infront or behind me. Its not like im a fucking maniac, I'm not. I speed so that cops cant get behind me(Im starting to think this idiotic philosophy works lol)

Lucky as fuck, I left out the reason for being lucky.. lucky as in no tickets. But its only half luck, here are my golden rules to speeding this is how i have no tickets knock on wood:

1) There are times to speed, and times to drive the limit. If there is tons of traffic on the roads, dont speed obviously. Most people work on a 9-5 schedule, cops know this, so they have the most radar enforcement from what I have seen after both rush hours. At night after about 12 AM I stop and go at stop lights.. and almost use the streets as a personal race track.. However I dont get off from high speeds, my car is slow, im first to admit, but nothing like whipping around corners. I limit it to about 50 over on any street, but only if the street is empty!

2) Gotta know the roads, obviously dont speed by the golf course on 14th street. But you can speed on the nose hill section of the road. Remember when you see a cop doing radar, they will usually be back at the same spot. If I am driving a road I have never been on I dont speed. Roads like center street north have tons of parking on the side of the road, perfect for photo radar.. go 50km!

3) Never EVER EVER EVER EVER go ripping through intersections, most people dont pay attention and people like to take there time turning through intersections. Plus sometimes you cant see down the other roads, cops might be driving down and will love to pull you over if they see you rippin through the intersection they are pulling up too

4) Road conditions, be aware, simple enough.

5) School, playground, residential and construction zones. if you speed where children play, you should be shot. Plus cops love to sit in construction and playground zones. If you go 70 in neighborhood your are an idiot.

6) People around you are the most dangerous thing when you are driving. If you are speeding through traffic and cutting in and out, you are just asking for someone not paying attention to cause an accident with you

7) If you drink and drive or smoke and drive, well, just dont fuck around period. Thats why I hate driving stoned is because I dont want to get pulled over while baked and therefore I cannot speed or fuck around.. LOL. But you shouldnt be doing this any ways but face it, so many people do it.. Im pretty sure i was the only kid in my grade who thought drinking and driving was retarded. I still dont understand why some places will crush a car if caught street racing, but if you get a DUI they just cut your license for a bit. It should be the other way around!

8)Racing other people on the streets.. it can be fun, but since most people are retarded I stay the fuck away from most people who try to race.. maybe give it 2 gears from a stop light but i aint gonna be cuttin through traffic and shit. If its busy or I cant see what every car is around me I wont do it, i will rev my motor and get the other guy to rip hoping there is cops in the big line of cars behind us.

There are more.. but I really dont feel like explaining anymore. Anyone disagree with what I just said?

btw.. first handedly? LOL

gmoney82
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM

.... LOL this is too easy. How can you even say your driving record is better then mine? What kind of statement is that, you dont even know who I am.

How can I say my record is better than yours? ....well...

this is something they really need to teach the kids stay the fuck outta peoples blind spots!

How can you assume that Im a kid that needs to be taught how to drive? By the way you type, you have to defend your 2-year driving by 'challenging' me on the track or road or whatever Fast and the Furious inspires you to do. Grow up.

So what if I started doing my own oil changes? You can post-creep me all you want, all I need to do is look at your immature replies on this page and whip out my insurance record and say 8-star driving record which implies at least 6 years free and 3 years no tickets.

Thanks for spending so much of your precious time before you have to go to bed by writing out your driving skills to impress us.:whocares:

My original story may have been a boring-ass incident that happens to everyone, but in the end it tells the typical story of an immature punk that thinks he knows how to drive responsibly and is just itching at every opportunity to e-flex his dinky ass JDM muscles.

Spare me

m3_powered
12-03-2007, 11:26 PM

btw.. first handedly? LOL
haha....how could I forget that hyphen?....wtf...IDIOT

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I never said your the kid.. but i understand why you took it that way. I have been telling people for a long time that they need to teach that stuff in drivers training, as I have been told they dont. I should have been more clear, sorry buddy, my mistake, cant we just be friends?

6 years free ? what

Im not trying to impress anyone lol, its beyond bahhaha.. I was just sharing what I have learned, thats how I drive. Do you disagree with anything I said? NO, you just have personal attacks. Why dont you contribute instead? Congratulations on the clean driving record, im going to have another 2 years of no tickets(knock on wood) and another 2 after that, and probably another 2 after that!

yo JDM IS TYTEEEEEEE
another question do you know where I can get a s15 front end for my 240?

blueripper6
12-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by m3_powered

haha....how could I forget that hyphen?....wtf...IDIOT

nope try again

forced_eg
12-04-2007, 12:00 AM
so the old asian lady that has no tickets in 20 years, yet still manages to piss off everyone else on the road must be a great driver!!

this isnt meant as a personal attack, but your still a rookie.. you cant say your a good driver until youve been through all the situations

gmoney82
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by forced_eg
so the old asian lady that has no tickets in 20 years, yet still manages to piss off everyone else on the road must be a great driver!!

this isnt meant as a personal attack, but your still a rookie.. you cant say your a good driver until youve been through all the situations

:rolleyes: 'whos the best driver, what's the definition of a good driver' '- whatever, I never once said I was a good driver. Yah thats what my insurance record is, but it means dick all the moment I decide to drive like a jackass and endanger others.

Not meant to be comeback, just a little ticked this thread turned into who's calgary best driver thread. close this thread!

TegLover
12-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Oh noes:zzz: another "speed kills" beyond cock sucker.. Just because I speed I am automatically a bad driver?

I suggest:

http://www.theweeklygiggle.com/images/tali-ban.jpg

icecreamvan
12-04-2007, 12:22 AM
You all drive like sperm harvesting pygmies.

blueripper6
12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
in my opinion you learn how to drive in ur first 6 months. It takes about that long to develop habits that you keep for the rest of your life... The rest is just gaining expierence. Its not hard to be a functional part of society on the streets. But its really easy to fuck everything up:guns:

just a little ticked this thread turned into who's calgary best driver thread. close this thread!

then why would you say??

oh ya btw my driving record > yours

Thanks teglover

gmoney82
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Thanks for straightening me out from the get-go. Really taught a kid like me something :rolleyes:
Future advice: dont flaunt your driving wisdom on the internet

Idratherbsidewayz
12-04-2007, 10:07 AM
in my opinion you learn how to drive in ur first 6 months. It takes about that long to develop habits that you keep for the rest of your life... The rest is just gaining expierence. Its not hard to be a functional part of society on the streets. But its really easy to fuck everything up.

Your opinion is worthless. You're a self-righteous 18yr old punk with a 240 that speeds a lot and knows some basic racing techniques. Im just waiting for you to join the league of crashed 240's. I thought I was a 1337 driver at 18 too (and Id been driving for 4 years)...

EXPERIENCE is everything. You haven't had the time to get into enough hairy situations to even consider yourself an average driver.

blueripper6
12-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Your opinion is worthless. You're a self-righteous 18yr old punk with a 240 that speeds a lot and knows some basic racing techniques. Im just waiting for you to join the league of crashed 240's. I thought I was a 1337 driver at 18 too (and Id been driving for 4 years)...

EXPERIENCE is everything. You haven't had the time to get into enough hairy situations to even consider yourself an average driver.

RIGGGGHTTT:rofl:
I would love to prove you wrong, but I really dont know how..
maybe this summer at the track? :love:
18 year old... wrong
punk with a 240... wrong
Your waiting for me to join the league? ok... lol. It wouldnt happen, well at least not from any of my actions, plus my 240 is sold. I know how to drive, and im damn good at it.

But your right.. im still not even an average driver yet:rofl:

OHhh.. im sure you would love to know.. im still on GDL so I must be a shitty driver hahahaha

But seriously.. do you disagree with anything I wrote? Or do you just have weak personal attacks that you just grabbed out of thin air(assumptions everywhere). You might as well call me a 240 fanboy while your at it!!!!

LOLLLLLL I already know im a better driver then you, simply because I never EVER had this attitude..

soo ive head there are street races, tonite. does anyone know where they are?? peter with the white jetta was telln me about these races, and he said that u can get up to 180km/h while racing, and i hope the pigs dont show up.
wow this is going to be great, like like the fast and the furious!!!!

cya there boys

Fire-Flyboy
BAHAHAHA

Idratherbsidewayz
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Some people call me lucky as fuck, as I speed quite a bit

Speeding more than 10km/h is unnecessary and dangerous because somebody might not see you coming and might suddenly change lanes right in front of you. Your time to react because you're speeding is thus smaller. So the risk of an accident goes up a lot.

rarely talk on the phone

Rarely isn't never. You should NEVER talk on the phone when driving. If you were better than 99% you would know this.

I do my best to keep the flow of traffic going undisturbed, cant change lanes to make my turn? Fine.. i dont mind taking the long way : D

If you are indeed better than 99% of people, you should be capable of being in the correct lane at the intersection when you want to turn. Although it IS good you don't do the 4 lane cut.

- I know driving techniques that most people dont.. such as rev matching, heel toe, double clutch and PROPER braking threshold for my car. These are things that 99% of the people on the road dont know how to do.

Heel Toe is useless unless you're attacking corners at insane speeds and trying to downshift while braking. So I don't see how that helps you on the street. Any idiot can double clutch, and it really doesn't help you on a syncroed car. Just mentioning this shows off your stupidity.

These skills are good, but don't make you a better driver with regards to other people on the road.

I can heel toe without the clutch

What does that even mean? If you actually know how to heel-toe, its done with your right foot between the brake and gas pedals. The only point of heeltoeing is to downshift while braking. If you mean you can put it in gear without clutching, then good on you.

I keep my heated driving to low traffic roads, and too anytime after 2AM : D.

This just decreases your chances of killing someone, but your lack of experience and cockiness will result in an accident one day.

I speed

I speed

I speed

Yea we get it, you speed incessantly. Doesn't make you a good driver, in fact it makes you a poor driver. Consistency is much more important than speeding. If you can drive 110km/h for the length of Deerfoot by clever lane changes (picking the fastest lanes), its better than speeding then having to slow down for some guy that didn't see you flying in and lane changed. Both methods will take the same amount of time, but you're a better driver if you're consistent.

At night after about 12 AM I stop and go at stop lights.. and almost use the streets as a personal race track..

Thats why I hate driving stoned

You drive stoned, a decision that makes you worse than 99% of drivers out there.

I would love to prove you wrong, but I really dont know how..

Don't bother, just learn from your mistakes.

LOLLLLLL I already know im a better driver then you, simply because I never EVER had this attitude..

This gave me a good laugh. Thanks for digging up a post from waaay back.

That particular post was made as a joke by T-dubbs on my account to get Fluidic in trouble. You can tell it's him because of the lack of capitalization and the spelling of various words. Don't ask me why its funny, at the time I guess it was. Thanks for coming out though.

Everyone's got to start somewhere. My first car was a Firefly. I wanted it to be flashy and stand out, and it did. It mightve been gay but you learn good driving techniques when you only have 52hp to go through traffic. I still think its the nicest Firefly ive ever seen... :D

In conclusion, shut the fuck up and don't call yourself a great driver. Experience is the only thing that seperates marginal and great drivers. As can be seen from Calgary roads, any idiot can get a license and drive. Come back to this thread in 10 years, and have yourself a good laugh...

blueripper6
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
oSpeeding more than 10km/h is unnecessary and dangerous because somebody might not see you coming and might suddenly change lanes right in front of you. Your time to react because you're speeding is thus smaller. So the risk of an accident goes up a lot.

Speeding does increase the chance of accidents and narrows your decision time. But its not like doing 100 in an 80 is OMGGGM DANGER. Doing stupid shit while you speed is what causes accidents, plus if I dont around in traffic, whos to hurt? Just myself, I can live with that.

Rarely isn't never. You should NEVER talk on the phone when driving. If you were better than 99% you would know this.

Tell me you never talk on your phone when you drive.. plus, I can multi task:angel:

If you are indeed better than 99% of people, you should be capable of being in the correct lane at the intersection when you want to turn. Although it IS good you don't do the 4 lane cut.

Yup..

Heel Toe is useless unless you're attacking corners at insane speeds and trying to downshift while braking. So I don't see how that helps you on the street. Any idiot can double clutch, and it really doesn't help you on a syncroed car. Just mentioning this shows off your stupidity.

It helps me on the street because I know how to drive my car. I know my car better then most people know there car. If you dont know the limits of your car then you are going to be unaware how its going to react in emergency situations, and thats what its all about right?

What does that even mean? If you actually know how to heel-toe, its done with your right foot between the brake and gas pedals. The only point of heeltoeing is to downshift while braking. If you mean you can put it in gear without clutching, then good on you.

Yea.. heel toe and shift with no cluch. Doesnt really mean much for the street, it means fuck all when driving on the street. But its an example of me putting the time in to learn these techniques, it has made me a better driver with the practise i have had

but your lack of experience and cockiness will result in an accident one day.

I agree that lack of experience and cockiness result in accidents. but not in my case, I never push myself past my comfortable limits in the city, even saying im pushing my self is a joke. Only time I really push myself is twp roads north of calgary. There are some crazy dirt roads, and its good because its just wheat fields, i have spun out a bunch of times, more when I first started, but its ok because its a safe enviroment thats *gasp* not a track.

haha... That was dumb for me to say.

You drive stoned, a decision that makes you worse than 99% of drivers out there.

Wrong. Just because I smoked some weed doesnt mean im impaired. I could pass a driver test with flying colours if i was stoned. However, if your fucking RIPPPPPPPED then you shouldnt drive, and If i am impaired, i dont drive, i know my limit. My friends hated it in highschool(this year? lol) because we would get baked and have to chill for 2 hours until i was good to drive : D

However I did come off cocky and arrogant im sure, and yes in 10 years i would laugh at my immaturity, in fact im laughing at it now.

I speed, disobey traffic laws, stop and go at reds, drive in the middle of two lanes, rip around corners etc etc etc.. but I dont endanger anyone else beside me and whoever is in the passenger seat, honestly.. if there is traffic around I dont fuck around. Like I said I fuck around at night, when the roads are empty, no one else on the roads, even then I still keep it under 30km over even on deerfoot... you can try to preach that going 110-120 or even 140(over double) on 14th street nose hill when there is NO traffic is dangerous, but, lol.. how? Only danger is hitting deer. But maybe you dont get the point so ill say it again, only when there is no traffic

no traffic

no traffic

no traffic

In conclusion, the blue car is much faster, moose dropped the egg, lunchbox was red, back off get your own sandwhich and exhausts with burnt tips. Good day:zzz:

T-Dubbs
12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
blah blah
dude, your a loser
get on with your life
no one cares

QuasarCav
12-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

dude, your a loser
get on with your life
no one cares

Dude you're a loser
Get on with your crappy life
Beyond does not care

403Gemini
12-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Incorrect douche bag, both vehicles have equal right of ways and the people on the main road are REQUIRED to make a gap for the people merging

Idratherbsidewayz
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Dude you're a loser
Get on with your crappy life
Beyond does not care

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2787/fail2it9.jpg

403Gemini
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by icecreamvan
You all drive like sperm harvesting pygmies.

I dont know whether to take this as a compliment or an insult... but well played good sir, well played...

QuasarCav
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2787/fail2it9.jpg

5-7-5 bitch! It's a pass in my books.

403Gemini
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I gotta say, Idratherbsidewayz totally owned blueripper6.

blueripper6.... son....

http://blogs.indiewire.com/reverseshot/archives/you_got_served.jpg

Idratherbsidewayz
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM

5-7-5 bitch! It's a pass in my books.

Lawl, just got it. Fucking Haiku...

blueripper6
12-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by T-Dubbs

dude, your a loser
get on with your life
no one cares

You obviously care.. or else why the fuck would you post? lol :rofl:

Originally posted by 403Gemini
I gotta say, Idratherbsidewayz totally owned blueripper6.

blueripper6.... son....

thanks dad!

totally owned me