PDA

View Full Version : used car - working equipment?

91Accord
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Interesting scenario, I'd like everyone's take on it.

Last Friday I take delivery of a used car bought at a dealership. This said car is in great shape, bought from a well known brand dealer. Saturday I discover that the factory CD changer doesn't work at all. I didn't know because I wasn't told, and because I didn't bring CD's with me on the test drive.

Now, should the dealer in question be liable for any of the repairs/replacement of the factory cd changer? Or what are they really on the hook for in terms of after the sale?

vietdood
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
does the dealer offer warranty on the used vehicle? if not then it's buyer beware

Nufy
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I had the same problem with varsity Chrysler last year when I bought my Jeep there.

The slimy sales guy told me everything worked but I didn't have any cd's to test the 10 cd changer.

When I picked it up I noticed that the CD changer wasn't working and that the pass mirror was loose.

Luckily for me they replaced the mirror and got me a re-furbished cd changer.

The one bright spot in an otherwise shitty experience in car purchasing.

Destinova403
12-03-2007, 10:59 PM
they might decide to help you but otherwise im pretty sure they arent obligated to.

it would all be in how you ask... be respectful and talk to them, you wont know till you try...

mx73someday
12-04-2007, 02:15 AM
If you're in Alberta, the dealer should have provided you an inspection reporting all the problems with the car, otherwise they aren't practicing the diligence AMVIC tries to enforce.

If you ask me, you should be the one who's diligent, are you buying a car or a CD player? But if you complain to the dealer and don't get any results, threaten to contact AMVIC, or just go straight to AMVIC and you should get some kind of action going (as lame as I think that is, the consumer has no responsibilities anymore, it's a used product for god's sake).