PDA

View Full Version : Car in body shop....car rental?

adidas
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
About a month ago someone hit my car while i was at work and left no note. I got shafted with paying for it myself. But i decided that taking it through insurance would be best since its a hit and run and im pretty low on money at the moment. The insurance company offered me a "car rental" and i declined becuase i figured they would try an raise my premiums. So i have a few questions...

Will my premiums go up because i decided that id like to take a car from enterprise while mine is in the shop getting fixed?

Can i choose what car i would like or are they gonna offer me some basic version? Id really like a 300 or a SUV :D

Any help would be great.

trieuth
12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I work with enterprise, so a few things for ya.

When you claim it as a hit and run, you still have a deductible. any time you make a claim, you are most likely going to have increased premiums. So you might as well go ahead and pick up a rental vehicle, it saves you from having to be without a car. Since the cost of the rental is fixed into everyones premiums, you might as well take advantage of it.

And as far as getting an suv or a 300 goes, it depends on your insurance policy, how your rental coverage goes basically. Some insurance companies only pay for an economy car (state farm, all state) some pay for something comparable (aviva, ama) and some let you rent whatever you please as long as you are within your maximum they have allowed for your rental coverage 750/900/1000/1500/5000. (ing/monnex)

95EagleAWD
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by trieuth
any time you make a claim, you are most likely going to have increased premiums.

What are you on? Jesus...

No insurance company will rasie premiums with a hit and run...

To the OP: Why didn't you just ask your insurance company instead of paying for your own car?

Do you have Loss of Use coverage? If you do, free rental!