PDA

View Full Version : Command Start Doesn't Start Engine But Repeatedly Turns

BNS
12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I recently had reconnected my Command Start after one year of it being disconnected (did not use car)but the starter does not start the car. Instead the park brakes will flash approximately 5 seconds after I push the button on the remote, then the starter will turn but does not start the engine-- in another 5 seconds it repeats the process again. It will keep on trying to start the engine until I turn the Command Start off on the dash switch. I was told that it may be a problem with the remote but I took it apart and it seems ok; I even tried to start the car with the remote out of the casing to be sure the buttons did not stick but it had no effect. I also took the baterries out of the remote after pushing the start button but it would not start. What is the problem? Is there something wrong with the wiring, a blown fuse or a problem with either the remote or unit? The remote is model CS-555. Any help would be great.

Thank-you

mo_money2supe
12-04-2007, 10:53 PM
What vehicle do you have? Sounds to me like it's a newer vehicle with an immobilizer. If so, you may just need to leave a programmed key hidden somewhere in the car (usu. inside the dash).

BNS
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
It is a 1995 Taurus so I doubt it has an immobolizer. The Command Start did work prior to disconnecting it so something has happenned since then. Is it possible that the battery in the remote needs to be replaced? A local mechanic said this happened to him once so he sent the remote away for repair and it worked thereafter. However the remote did not seem to be damaged, to the naked eye, when I took it apart.

Jay911
12-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Has the fuel switch somehow been shut off? Fords have a fuel pump cutoff, but it's usually tripped by impact, not lack of use or dead battery. Since you didn't mention it, is the car's battery charged for sure? Does the car fire with the key like normal? How about the gas - is it the same gas as was in the car a year ago? Maybe the fuel lines have drained back to the tank and it needs an extended amount of time to get the system fully charged again. I had an 88 Taurus with a remote starter, and all of the above would give it a hard time - low car battery, long time without a start (on the order of weeks), etc..

BNS
12-05-2007, 01:00 AM
The car has been constantly driven for the last year by my father but he had disconnected the Command Start since it was set on low heat (start every few hours at low temps) & he did not see the switch.

The fuel pump has not been shut off and the car battery was recently charged after I accidentally left the lights on. The car does start fine normally with the key. I am so far stumped but I'll try a different car battery tomorrow just to be sure.

Strugari
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
There are 2 fuses in the main power harness.
Check to make sure they are good.

Sounds like the ignition wire is not powering up.

Check the connection of the blue command start wire at the ignition switch.:thumbsup: