PDA

View Full Version : One-fifth of Canadians immigrants

Trini
12-04-2007, 10:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7128172.stm

not sure if I'm allowed to post the article but thats the link.

blueripper6
12-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Meh..
You wouldnt be here if it wasnt for immigrants.
Just teach em how to drive:whipped:

kertejud2
12-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Imagine what the percentage would have been like when the country started.

mo_money2supe
12-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Just teach em how to drive:whipped:

Interesting how the most aggressive, and arguably some of the worst, drivers on Calgary's roads are the rednecks who drive rigger pick-ups.

Dj_Stylz
12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe

Interesting how the most aggressive, and arguably some of the worst, drivers on Calgary's roads are the rednecks who drive rigger pick-ups.

and fireflys;)

mark4091
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
^ I don't think either of you can state who are the worst drivers, we have a lot of jackasses from all sorts of backrounds.

blueripper6
12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
no.. the worst drivers are the one who cant understand what the word MERGE or STOP means.. bahaha

Xtrema
12-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by mark4091
^ I don't think either of you can state who are the worst drivers, we have a lot of jackasses from all sorts of backrounds.

Yeah, usually it's Asian lady in a SUV, Asian lady in a van, or Asian lady with a new driver sign...... wait a sec......

:D

BTW, this thread is begging for a vote.

Graham_A_M
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
My great grandparents were immigrants, just as the VAST majority of other people here. It just comes down to how far back they immigrated here that blurs the line in regards to whether or not they're still labled as "immigrants"

Xtrema
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
^ I think it should be straight forward. If you're not born here, you're a immigrant.

mo_money2supe
12-05-2007, 12:18 AM
no.. the worst drivers are the one who cant understand what the word MERGE or STOP means.. bahaha

So by your logic, the 80%+ Calgarians that don't understand the difference between Merge or Yield are also labelled as immigrants. Sounds like you, Mr. Cooooool Man, just statistically labelled yourself an immigrant - go and learn how to drive already, you firefly driving immigrant!!!

95EagleAWD
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
^ I think it should be straight forward. If you're not born here, you're a immigrant.

Pretty much, yup.

jay42w8
12-05-2007, 12:43 AM

funny thing, I come from Vancouver, the land of Chinese and Indian immigrants....and when I moved here, all the dumb fuckers who don't know how to merge and stop are white people from small towns/SK/Maritimes...I know this because they also have fucking Riders stickers and shit on their cars and its usually some old crappy vehicle like a Firefly lol.....

lucky for me though, since I live in the inner city, hillbillies is all I have to deal with, don't have to deal with shitty Asian and Indain drivers anymore :rofl: only been to the NE like twice this year

blueripper6
12-05-2007, 01:30 AM

So by your logic, the 80%+ Calgarians that don't understand the difference between Merge or Yield are also labelled as immigrants. Sounds like you, Mr. Cooooool Man, just statistically labelled yourself an immigrant - go and learn how to drive already, you firefly driving immigrant!!!

WTF:rofl: I seriously dont know how you came to that conclusion HAHA. But I actually lol'd when I read that. Thanks for the laugh LOL

mo_money2supe
12-05-2007, 01:36 AM
^^ Yeah, I'm tired from studying for my exams; most of my logic isn't going to make much sense for the next 3 weeks or so. Glad I put on a laugh on someone's face, even if it is on someone that can't spell the word "turbo" correctly on their profile.

blueripper6
12-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh whoops.. did I mis spell turbo? :eek:

Ill fix that thanks for the heads up buddy:thumbsup:

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 09:23 AM

Idratherbsidewayz
12-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Eastern Euro immigrants are :bigpimp:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
^ hey that's a hot 'Fly man

:rofl: :rofl:

3g4u
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Eastern Euro immigrants are :bigpimp:

:werd: :werd:

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Western Europe >>> Eastern Europe.

Go back to Krakow you commie bastards!!! :D

finboy
12-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

"pinko's"

:D :rofl:

The Cosworth
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM

:rofl:

:werd:

snowboard
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
hahaha
where is this thread going

Xtrema
12-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
hahaha
where is this thread going

Like every other threads about immigrants, nowhere :D

reiRei
12-05-2007, 12:22 PM
so, if I was born here, I'm not an immigrant...

wtf. Why do I get called an immigrant all the freaking time...

Xtrema
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by reiRei
so, if I was born here, I'm not an immigrant...

wtf. Why do I get called an immigrant all the freaking time...

Because we don't come with a Made in Canada label.

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 12:40 PM

Splooge
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
i feel bad for those people who want to come here to live a better life, have the education (though a non-Canadian recognized degree), but end up working in call centers to pay the bills.

403Gemini
12-05-2007, 01:03 PM

Depends, i saw an asian guy in his honda ridgeline thinking he was mr.ballsy weaving in and out of traffic on the first snowfall day... till he almost hit a parked car going around a corner... must have scared him because he was going 30km the rest of the way up the hill... man it sucked to be behind that r-tard

I think a lot of truck drivers think they are invincible.

403Gemini
12-05-2007, 01:13 PM

Western Europe = pussies

Hey now, dont playa hate - you're just angry cause our women dont have more pit hair than you

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM

97'Scort
12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
In the census, they count foreign born only as the immigrant population. Anyone born here, to an immigrant or not, is considered Canadian, as it should be.

03ozwhip
12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
also, its actually a quarter of all canadians are immigrants. most from the UK which kind of suprises me. anyways its pretty crazy if you thnk about it, but im sure everyone realizes that probably 80% of the immigrants in this city are in the NE and theyre not normally from the UK.

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Western Europe = pussies

L0lz!!1 u think ur so tuff tokking thru ur computer screene. Y dont u meet me fase 2 face and talk liek that!!!11111

You easterners are still bitter that we kicked your ass in the Cold War. And lets not forget, "The Ukraine is weak!"

403Gemini
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Ever heard of Czech, Polish, Ukrainian or Romanian women?

Czech - i'll give you that one, hot
Polish - like 1/10 are hot, the other ones faces look like they're pushed in
Ukrainian and Romanian women? Can you say Mail order bride? ;)

haha j/k im bugging man

EDIT: Haha just had to add this, a few years back i met a polish chick and when i found out she was polish I said "No way! Im german! You might as well just lay down for me!"

... didnt go so well :thumbsup:

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
In the census, they count foreign born only as the immigrant population. Anyone born here, to an immigrant or not, is considered Canadian, as it should be.

Well they may consider anybody born here to not be an immigrant, but it was only very recently that they actually had "Canadian" under the ethnicity option.

tirebob
12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I personally think that it has nothing to do with the fact someone is "an immigrant"... I feel it has more to do with the age of the person learning to drive.

Most of us here learn how to drive when we are yound and far more fearless, so we learn how to merge into fast moving traffic, change lanes at speed, etc, etc, etc...

Many people coming to our country never drove before arriving here, and trying to learn how to drive when your older is not as easy as when you are younger. My mom was born and raised in Canada and never learned to drive till she was almost 40, and she was a nightmare too!

Just as many of the immigrants children who learn how to drive at the same ages as non-immigrants have no more problems than those born here...

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 01:56 PM

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 02:02 PM

We shook off our communist oppressors a long time ago, but what are all those U.S. army bases still doing in Western Europe? :D

Uh, well those, umm...

Damnit, it was so much better when you guys weren't allowed to say what you wanted.

sputnik
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Time for more Angie!

http://www.gimpusers.de/dl/AngelinaJolie.jpg

sputnik
12-05-2007, 02:07 PM
scarlett anyone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Vados/Celebrities/Scarlett%20Johansson/scarlett-johansson-1024x768-23356.jpg

http://www.scarlettjohanssonpic.net/pictures/albums/Wallpapers/Scarlett-Johansson-Wallpapers-63.jpg

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM

finboy
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
^ mmm, that's welcome in every thread!

See, Canada should limit immigration to single women from countries that have a surplus of them. One problem in Canada is that we have much more men than women, but in places like Russia and Ukraine it's their number one export. I come from Moldavia, dirt poor but the women are hot and willing to leave at the drop of a hat!

i agree with this idea

403Gemini
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM

See, Canada should limit immigration to single women from countries that have a surplus of them. One problem in Canada is that we have much more men than women, but in places like Russia and Ukraine it's their number one export. I come from Moldavia, dirt poor but the women are hot and willing to leave at the drop of a hat!

BRING ON THE HOT SINGLE WOMEN IMMIGRANTS thats what i say.

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Persian women are also very attractive. We should rescue every Iranian woman from that oppressive regime as we can.

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM

3g4u
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
No because if the women come here then the men come too with their barbaric values and familys of 30 trying to turn this country into their old country while stealing what little women we have. I think i have seen this somewhat before.

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Idratherbsidewayz
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Polish - like 1/10 are hot, the other ones faces look like they're pushed in

Man, I was in Poland this summer and there were a LOT of hot women. Its really a shame they're all crazy...

Hakkola
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM

You no say Ukraine weak!!!

We shook off our communist oppressors a long time ago

If it is all about shaking off Communist oppressors, I have to say, northern Europe for the win. 90 years! :thumbsup:

Gainsbarre
12-05-2007, 09:10 PM

Persian women are also very attractive. We should rescue every Iranian woman from that oppressive regime as we can.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Ah, somebody read my mind. I say the same for the Arab nations too.

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM

nismodrifter
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM

That's why I said they have to limit immigrants to single women only, since that is the demographic we need to fill.
No men allowed.

Hahaha. Reminds me of that Ali G movie

Anyways...

EI >>>>Everyone Else?

Toma
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Only 1/5th? LOL... walking the U of C campus, I woulda sworn 2/3's

Xtrema
12-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Only 1/5th? LOL... walking the U of C campus, I woulda sworn 2/3's

City wise:

Richmond BC is about 60% immigrants
Toronto is about 50% immigrants
Calgary is about 25% immigrants

UofC is probably not good gauge since it's an international school after all and you have a lot of kids with student visas studying here.

kertejud2
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

If it is all about shaking off Communist oppressors, I have to say, northern Europe for the win. 90 years! :thumbsup:

Norway, Sweden and Denmark have done some good things, but those Fins aren't exactly the nicest bunch (Nazi puppets in WWII).

But then again, any country which has a person named Markku Uusipaavalniemi just oozes awesomeness.

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 11:15 PM

mark4091
12-05-2007, 11:30 PM

Norway, Sweden and Denmark have done some good things, but those Fins aren't exactly the nicest bunch (Nazi puppets in WWII).

But then again, any country which has a person named Markku Uusipaavalniemi just oozes awesomeness.
No, I think they just like russians the same as us germans.

Hakkola
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM

Nazi puppets? It was a common enemy, Finns wanted land back, and no jews were sent from Finland, and finland fought the germans after the second war with russia was lost. How exactly were the finns puppets? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Probably because they hated the Russians just as much as the Nazis did :rofl:

Hated Russians as much as the jews hated the nazi's. My grandfather was a finnish jew, never had any problems during ww2 and he served in the army.

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Hakkola
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM

That's all it really was, their role in WWII was nothing like Japan's or Italy's, it's was for self-defense.

Depends on how you define self-defense. Finland had two wars with Russia, the first, the winter war was self-defense in the strictest sense, we fought alone to protect our land, the second one was with the Germans to try and take back our land that we lost in the first war with Russia.

kertejud2
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Nazi puppets? It was a common enemy, Finns wanted land back, and no jews were sent from Finland, and finland fought the germans after the second war with russia was lost. How exactly were the finns puppets? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Well what I said was mostly facetious, but I see it as "friend of my enemy is my enemy." The only reason Finland fought the Germans was because the Russians were pushing the Wermacht back and the Fins were forced to make peace, under the threat of being conquered altogether (the only thing preventing this was the fact that the Soviets were so preoccupied with Germany, Finland wasn't really on their agenda). Finland ignored pleas from Britain and the U.S. to end ties with Germany, but they still didn't until their president was forced to resign.

Finland was key for the Nazi's in their quest to conquer Murmansk in the early stages of Barbarossa, had it been successful, no Allied provisions or equipment would have made it through and WWII could have had a very different result (ALL BECAUSE OF FINLAND :D )

Hakkola
12-06-2007, 02:34 PM

Finland ignored pleas from Britain and the U.S. to end ties with Germany, but they still didn't until their president was forced to resign.

Of course Finland would not listen to U.S and Britain, they didn't send any military help during the war. What possible motivation would Finland have to listen?

Your other arguments are pretty good though, except that the Russians did attempt to take over Finland in the Winter War, and they did in fact put an enormous amount of effort into it. If Finland was not on the agenda then Finland would have remained untouched like Sweden.

Maybe the war could have ended differently, but the Finns didn't care about anything except for Finland, and Russia was a much greater threat than anybody else.

Big Dangerous
12-06-2007, 08:50 PM

Persian women are also very attractive. We should rescue every Iranian woman from that oppressive regime as we can. I totally wanna ram a persian chick dude..

pinoyhero
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Fine by me so long as they contribute not drain from society

PKRipper
12-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Big Dangerous
I totally wanna ram a persian chick dude..

A Persian Chick Dude???

Is that like a Thai Lady Boy?

Queer.

01RedDX
12-08-2007, 12:58 PM

PKRipper
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
:rofl:

/////AMG
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
also, its actually a quarter of all canadians are immigrants. most from the UK which kind of suprises me. anyways its pretty crazy if you thnk about it, but im sure everyone realizes that probably 80% of the immigrants in this city are in the NE and theyre not normally from the UK.

I'm a brit and I used to live in NE about 10 years ago, back then it wasn't as bad as it is now, i'll tell you that.

hjr
12-08-2007, 01:40 PM
cool interactive immigration and language census info:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/cp-census-immigration/index.html

n1zm0
12-08-2007, 01:46 PM
the worst drivers are retards who want to slow down to look at an accidents on the other side of deerfoot causing chain reaction causing me to be late for school, as if you have never seen an accident and if you do want to look, just glance, dont fken slow down.

this goes for people of all races:thumbsup: