PDA

View Full Version : FREE: Red 1990 GMC Safari Van

Primer_Drift
12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Probably the worst time of the year to try sell/give this away, but it needs to go. If anyone NEEDS a winter vehicle, here's your chance before it goes to the Kidney foundation.

Vehicle Details
Year : 1990
Make and Model : GMC Safari Extended
Exterior Color : Red
Interior Color : Grey and Red
Auto or Manual? : Automatic 4spd w/ Overdive
Odometer Reading : 286,XXX
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description : One of 2 Sidewinder conversion safaris in Canada (improved interior, upgraded seats, more windows), equipped with the standard output 4.3L V6 with performance chip and exhaust, new automatic transmission, new tie-rods, new starter,, alloy rims, 4 bucket seats 1 bench seat (seats 7), class 3 trailer hitch.
Body in decent shape, minor cosmetic damage to front drivers fender, very minor rust. Needs door handle for rear door. Family owned since 1994, selling because I have too many vehicles.
Extras : Both Winter and Summer tires with steelies and alloys respectively.
Needs: Battery, some TLC
Asking Price : Free

Contact Information
Phone : Upon request
Pictures : Upon request

94SSEi
12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Able to drive away with a battery? Will it pass safety? What TLC is needed?

dawson13
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
dude its free who cares

onehawtrex
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
ill take it if it runs and drives and is in the south!

onehawtrex
12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
shoot me a pm or give me a call 454-2648 names shawn consider it gone if i can get it running enough to get to my house

94SSEi
12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by dawson13
dude its free who cares

I care, not worth my time otherwise. I'm not paying to have it towed to Lethbridge.

SR240SX
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Just curious..why does it say new battery in the add yet after that it says i needs a battery:confused:

ZC_CIVIC
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Just curious..why does it say new battery in the add yet after that it says i needs a battery:confused:

:werd:

Mr_ET
12-06-2007, 04:13 PM
guys who cares if you want it go have a look at it it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if you get it towed it's still super cheap :P

onehawtrex
12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
he wont reply back to me but if he does its gone...

Primer_Drift
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX

I Copied and pasted the old listing (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/192661/fs-1990-red-gmc-safari-sidewinder-conversion/) (yes it was listed here before for $1300obo in October). At that time, I had started it with a brand new battery, drove it around my cul-de-sac and parked it again. Since that time I have removed the new battery, to keep it inside to avoid it getting a dead cell from sitting in the cold.

No it does not come with that battery, sorry for the confusion.

Ok everyone here's the deal..
I started it two weeks ago and parked it in my driveway (I can prove this if need be). This time it did not run as well as it did in October, maybe it was too cold, condensation in the gas... I don't know, but in october it ran just fine.

Heres a list of those who pm'd with a short description of the message. The van goes to the first person who will TOW the vehicle away. I don't want to waste mine or anyone elses time putting a battery in the van to see if it will start/run/drive home . I'm giving this away to someone competent enough to fix any minor running issue to ensure a good vehicle gets used, not scrapped. It was my fathers van and has sentimental value which is why I was hesitant in the first place to give it to the Kidney Foundation (aka Pick-n-pull). As a show of faith towards anyone who has it towed, give me the receipt and I will donate the same amount to the Alberta Cancer Foundation/Tom Baker Cancer Centre, as I was planning on donating the proceeds of whatever it "sold for" back in October.

Focus - will take if it will run/start work with a battery
VWBloke - interested
Dren - will take if it will run/start work with a battery
dieselpower91 - interested
whitexboi69 - will take if it will run/start work with a battery
Jfro962 - pics
onehawtrex - 3xPM! lol
misterrick - interested
stevo 27 - if it runs
Speed_69 - if it runs
Nate - Pics

If your name is on the list, let me know if you want it as is - where is.. if your name is not on the list it will be added in the same order it is received until the van is gone.

Pics as requested-
Damage to front drivers fender
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/Safari_01.jpg
Rust lower rear quarter panels.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/Safari_02.jpg
Damage to rear door and the rusty spare/rack.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/Safari_04.jpg
Shitty picture #1
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/Safari_05.jpg
Shitty picture #2
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/Safari_03.jpg

Mazstyle
12-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Pm's get priority over phone calls? I called right after you posted it...

onehawtrex
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
where are you located i might beable to tow it?

ZC_CIVIC
12-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Still got it? pm me if you do....i will take it for shure ...

Jfro962
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Still got it? pm me if you do....i will take it for shure ...

FORGET THAT I messaged him b4 u I messaged him back 2 days ago now !!!

onehawtrex
12-08-2007, 07:55 PM
and i messaged him what 3.5 days ago hahah relax man

Jfro962
12-08-2007, 07:59 PM
No its been like 2 days b4 he posted who messaged him ~ i repled back for the second time

Mr_ET
12-08-2007, 09:48 PM
My guess is you both are acting like tools and since he wants to give it to someone who isn't one you both wont get it.

This has sentimental value to him so he wants it to go to someone who will take care of it.

xLostx
12-09-2007, 01:33 AM
FREE CANDY

lumss
12-09-2007, 05:04 PM
+2 FREE CANDY

onehawtrex
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
My guess is you both are acting like tools and since he wants to give it to someone who isn't one you both wont get it.

This has sentimental value to him so he wants it to go to someone who will take care of it.:clap:

good one superstar!

Thehonger8
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by onehawtrex

This has sentimental value to him so he wants it to go to someone who will take care of it.:clap:

good one superstar!

Learn how to quote SUPERSTAR