PDA

View Full Version : Buying Hockey Equipment Online

sl888
12-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Me and a few buddies are looking to buy full equipment. Wondering which sites do you guys recommend. The 2 I've been looking at is hockeygiant and hockeymonkey. Anyone ever order from them before? Thanks.

sexualbanana
12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
i hope you're at least going to a store to try the gear on before you buy it online. i've found different equipment fits different.

R-Audi
12-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I'd check out Cdn places first, I get mine (goalie equipment) from Toronto (Ward and Patch) for the same prices as Goaliemonkey, and if you buy enough shipping is free... takes 3 days to get here, and you skip out on duties/border issues

Ward and Patch usually have a ton of stuff on eBay as well... or call the number on their website

98type_r
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
hockeygeeks (http://www.hockeygeeks.com)
Canadian based, I've always found them to have good prices.

of if you prefer to go the american route
ice warehouse (http://www.icewarehouse.com)

87lebaron
12-05-2007, 02:52 PM
cyclonetaylor.com

trieuth
12-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by 87lebaron
cyclonetaylor.com
:werd: they have the best prices for a canadian shop.

Lots of places like hockeymonkey, wont ship Nike Bauer / Warrior / CCM-Reebok to canada. they just arent allowed to.
For skates and protective gear, I'd buy it at a local hockey shop just cause its so much easier to have things fitted properly the first time, unless you're going really high end like a set of bauer one90 skates which are going for 799.99 here and 330 on hockeymonkey.com

sticks on the otherhand are worth buying online if you know what pattern you want.

sl888
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks everyone

sl888
07-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by trieuth

:werd: they have the best prices for a canadian shop.

Lots of places like hockeymonkey, wont ship Nike Bauer / Warrior / CCM-Reebok to canada. they just arent allowed to.
For skates and protective gear, I'd buy it at a local hockey shop just cause its so much easier to have things fitted properly the first time, unless you're going really high end like a set of bauer one90 skates which are going for 799.99 here and 330 on hockeymonkey.com

sticks on the otherhand are worth buying online if you know what pattern you want.
Is there anyway you can redirect shipping into Canada? There is some stuff that I can't find locally and are way too expensive on Canadian online shops.