PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Thehonger8
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I searched some and i didn't really find anything.

I am looking to get some new wheels in the spring and going from 18 to 20 maybe 19. I have heard from some people that it will look weird without lowering my car.

If I get coilovers will I be able to get the ride height to almost stock height for winter? Also is it challenging to adjust the height by myself?

O yeah i got a 2004 350z. Which coilovers give a smoother ride. Sorry guys I am a noob with suspension, this is my first car that i want to lower.

Thanks

Raven_R1
12-05-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.hopupracing.com/kskoprofuadc10.html

Just order this for my Preluse SH its about 900..Thats all i can afford..Get Tein Flex if u can , for ur car about 2000
Here is the link..more choice in there
http://www.hopupracing.com/coilovers1.html

7thgenvic
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
if you searched then you would understand that a coilover is a HEIGHT adjustable suspension component... so yes.

ercchry
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
you dont sound like a person that should have coils... you will hate them, since it its gonna be a hard ride and gravel roads will rattle the fillings right out of your mouth, and for winter driving being a bit lower will not effect anything... just clear a bit more snow off the roads for everone else :D

just get some springs and struts. keep the stock stuff and switch it in for winter if you want

A790
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Coilovers are completely height adjustable, though I can't see why you'd want to raise it.

97'Scort
12-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Coilovers + winter road crap = lock nut :)

In other words, they have a tendency to seize a bit. Take the advice and do lowering springs + struts.

If you do want to go nuts with the suspension, get it over to Tunerworks and get something with adjustable damping rates, like the Bilstein PSS-9 kit. That way you can dial in your settings from "rattle your fillings" to smooth as Scarlett Johansson's ass.

Skyline_Addict
12-06-2007, 01:28 AM
coilovers sound like they'd be overkill for someone who simply wants to lower his car just for looks. yes, you get adjustability, but it can be a pain in the ass to do if you don't know what you're doing and as mentioned earlier in the thread, they can seize, meaning it's a bitch to adjust the height. your ride quality will go down the shitter, but your handling will improve greatly. most coilovers are intended for track use and are very expensive. they are not great to keep on during winter regardless of height. your best bet is to get a set of progressive springs.

GTS Jeff
12-06-2007, 04:01 AM
Soft and low don't go together...unless you like wheel rub.