View Full Version : TNation thread?

Toms-SC
12-05-2007, 10:26 PM

gpomp
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
what happened? i was too busy at work today to check beyond

nikka
12-05-2007, 10:32 PM
can you maybe get some detail action on here.. or a link to the "lawsuit" thread?

buh_buh
12-05-2007, 10:32 PM
:rofl: pussy

Toms-SC
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM

googe
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
what'd I miss? :(

Toms-SC
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM

A790
12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Ha if he did file a "lawsuit" he's a gooch. He brought it all on himself.

finboy
12-05-2007, 10:51 PM
and all info was public, so not a good case

funkedelic
12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
lawsuit?!

against who gts for cuttin him down on the net about owning a fake m3?! lol

Jlude
12-05-2007, 10:54 PM
hahaha... this Tnation business has takin' on a life of it's own... wow...

None the less.... Subscribed!

Canmorite
12-05-2007, 10:55 PM
RIP thread

mark4091
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
whats happening now?

:cry: threads gone...

al-ti2d
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
i read lawsuit up above... SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!:drama:

01RedDX
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM

Canmorite
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d
i read lawsuit up above... SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!:drama:

What the hell is he going to sue for? ahaha

benyl
12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Haha, wonder if it is a defamation of character suit.

benyl
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

What the hell is he going to sue for? ahaha

Probably for a fake M3

finboy
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Haha, wonder if it is a defamation of character suit.

can't sue for libel because the statements were true, can file harassment charges because they went back and forth in a situation instigated by t-nation. its funny when an 18 y/o gets in over his head and tries to use the law, which he has a very poor understanding of. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dj_Stylz
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Wow this is going to be interesting and probably stupid.

Canmorite
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Probably for a fake M3

Ahaha :rofl:

Toms-SC
12-05-2007, 11:53 PM
http://www.facepalm.org/

googe
12-05-2007, 11:58 PM
k, there is no lawsuit. its not that interesting at all actually.

Destinova403
12-06-2007, 12:03 AM
ok im a friend of TNation... he goes to university with me... iv been trying REALLY hard to NOT get involved with any of this shit...

just wanna point out that there is no law-suit.... this is the exact msg that he sent to Rage2...

XXXXXXX wrote on 12-05-2007 02:19 PM:
My friend is being unfairly harassed on this forum.
The rules for this forum you have created are simple.
I quote,

"Personal Attacks will NOT be tolerated
No racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks
Posting is a privilege, and not your right.
"Vigilante Moderating" will not be tolerated
Replying to offensive/flammatory posts makes you just as guilty "

This thread directly contradicts all of these rules.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/198543/m...ure-is-tnation/

The fact remains, my friend may have gotten into a disagreement with a member of this forum, but the creation of a thread, and the consistent badgering and creation of an avatar by this other member (GTSJeff) is truly unfair and is defamation. From what my friend has told me, has never even met this member, so the continuing of this harassment is strongly uncalled for.
I hope this can be resolved immediately.

i have NOTHING else to say on the topic of TNation... so please dont send me any PMs about him or this whole little drama thing.

(no i did NOT write the msg to Rage2 and NO im not TNation... even GTS jeff can vouch for that.)

isnt it about time for all of this to finally die?

Toms-SC
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Perfect, now lock it down mods. :thumbsup: Sorry for causing a rumor that spread a little too quickly.

finboy
12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
hmm, i think that means jeff won :dunno:

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by finboy

can't sue for libel because the statements were true, can file harassment charges because they went back and forth in a situation instigated by t-nation. its funny when an 18 y/o gets in over his head and tries to use the law, which he has a very poor understanding of. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

I think it's funny when you think you have an understanding of the law as well. Have you taken any post secondary law courses?

Here's a little internet link that will explain everything to you nice and easily.

Cyberstalking/Internet Harassment (http://www.netsafe.org.nz/Doc_Library/netsafepapers_davidharvey_cyberstalking.pdf)

Really, if someone was extremely anal, charges could be pressed. This little arguement went way too far already though.

Regardless, there is no "lawsuit". :burnout:

icecreamvan
12-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ShelbyMopar

I think it's funny when you think you have an understanding of the law as well. Have you taken any post secondary law courses?

Here's a little internet link that will explain everything to you nice and easily.

Cyberstalking/Internet Harassment (http://www.netsafe.org.nz/Doc_Library/netsafepapers_davidharvey_cyberstalking.pdf)

Really, if someone was extremely anal, charges could be pressed. This little arguement went way too far already though.

Regardless, there is no "lawsuit". :burnout:

Way to quote a New Zealand abstract.:rolleyes:

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 12:52 AM

icecreamvan
12-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

TNation lives in New Zealand? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fuck this shit is funny.

Maybe he moved there because he heard the gilfs are good there.:dunno:

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 12:58 AM

TNation lives in New Zealand? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fuck this shit is funny.

:rofl: :rofl:

You don't think the harassment laws apply to Canada?

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by icecreamvan

Way to quote a New Zealand abstract.:rolleyes:

Oops, I guess cyberstalking and harassment aren't against the law in Canada!

Canadian Abstract (http://www.vaonline.org/Cyberstalking%20Concepts%20and%20Recommendations%20(e).pdf)

Here you go buddy, notice the similarities? :eek: Shocking isn't it?

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 01:08 AM

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:09 AM

I don't think any of New Zealand's laws apply to Canada.
But I am not a lawyer, so maybe you can explain it to me.

See above post. :thumbsup:

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 01:11 AM

Team_Mclaren
12-06-2007, 01:13 AM
http://g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/WB-PVM03015.jpg

now someone fill me in on what happenend, why is everything edited.

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:14 AM

Wow, according to this thing, TNation was stalking GTS Jeff :rolleyes:

Uhh... right... Hmm, lets go get pictures of the guy who I got in an arguement with, post them on the internet, find out his phone number... :nut:

Notice how the Canadian abstract is modeled after New Zealand's Netsafe program, which created the NZ abstract? :rofl:

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 01:23 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
12-06-2007, 01:24 AM
The first person to post a photo was TNation using a picture of Jeff in his avatar. He instigated it, no court would side with him.

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:27 AM

and IIRC TNation was doing the same thing :dunno:

There are no innocent victims in this case. Good luck arguing this one in court :rofl:

Plus I still don't get how New Zealand's laws apply here? :confused:

'modeled after' does not mean they do :nut:

:poosie:

Read the abstracts before you post big guy. They are nearly identical lol.

And who said it was going to court? :dunno: Oh right, nobody did, it was a rumour about a lawsuit.

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
The first person to post a photo was TNation using a picture of Jeff in his avatar. He instigated it, no court would side with him.

Nor did I say a court would side with him, I simply stated that an anal person COULD take it to court.

01RedDX
12-06-2007, 01:32 AM

Team_Mclaren
12-06-2007, 01:33 AM

BLAHBLAHBLAH

you are not interesting...:(

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:37 AM

Who posted a New Zealand law abstract? Oh yeah, you did, and now you're saying New Zealand's laws apply to Canada, when clearly, they are merely similar to Canada's. My post still stands. You lose.

:drama: Oh no, your post still stands!

Merely similar? Yet they use almost identical laws in relation to online harassment/cyberstalking?

Please. Sit down. Take a few minutes to read the abstracts, then post something worth my time.

The abstracts work in conjunction with eachother, the New Zealand one just has more detailed information, the Canadian has less but with more links, even linking the Netsafe.org site which created the NZ abstract to pursue more information.

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

you are not interesting...:(

Ehh... I know, its pretty boring stuff to most people. Had to do a paper on it awhile back...

:dunno:

finboy
12-06-2007, 08:00 AM

taken a couple courses, he had no case as jeff did the exact same thing t-nation did. while he could have taken it to court, he would have lost, if not been laughed out of court. theoretically if a civil law suit for harassment had been filed (and lets face it, maybe libel as well), all jeff would have had to do is file a counter suit for the exact same charges (tnation went after jeff first, tnation posted pics of jeff first, tnation e-stalked jeff first, t-nation posted his number in a fs thread on beyond, jeff posted the same number in another thread, etc.), a judge would just have to look at it (as all the info is still up here on beyond for review, minus one thread) and would likely throw the whole thing out as it was a simple argument, and a funny one at that. same thing would have applied had tnation gone for criminal charges.

so where am i wrong?

A790
12-06-2007, 08:05 AM

taken a couple courses, he had no case as jeff did the exact same thing t-nation did. while he could have taken it to court, he would have lost, if not been laughed out of court. theoretically if a civil law suit for harassment had been filed (and lets face it, maybe libel as well), all jeff would have had to do is file a counter suit for the exact same charges (tnation went after jeff first, tnation posted pics of jeff first, tnation e-stalked jeff first, etc.), a judge would just have to look at it (as all the info is still up here on beyond for review, minus one thread) and would likely throw the whole thing out as it was a simple argument, and a funny one at that. same thing would have applied had tnation gone for criminal charges.

so where am i wrong?

You'll always be wrong because ShelbyMopar knows everything there is to know about the law. No one can contest his infinite knowlege nor prove him wrong. He is the god of law.

finboy
12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by A790

You'll always be wrong because ShelbyMopar knows everything there is to know about the law. No one can contest his infinite knowlege nor prove him wrong. He is the god of law.

ah shit, i KNEW i forgot something, i got that question wrong on my final too :(

A790
12-06-2007, 10:15 AM

ah shit, i KNEW i forgot something, i got that question wrong on my final too :(

Well I'm just glad we straightened this out now. Imagine if you had gone through life without knowing that... disastrous.

analbumcover
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM
so when is someone going to post more pictures of this guy?

QuasarCav
12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover
so when is someone going to post more pictures of this guy?

Just imagine Ryan Reynolds with no shirt circa 1995.

Pihsiak
12-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I thought the thread got moved to Ask Leo and if I remember, Ask Leo is like the Free-For-All area, the rules don't apply

There's you're loophole!!!

sexualbanana
12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
I thought the thread got moved to Ask Leo and if I remember, Ask Leo is like the Free-For-All area, the rules don't apply

There's you're loophole!!!

I wouldn't bring that into question. There's a lot of borderline material in Ask Leo.

analbumcover
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Just imagine Ryan Reynolds with no shirt circa 1995.

canigethisnumba?

Skyline_Addict
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
:zzz: :drama:

ShelbyMopar
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM

:werd: :rofl:

finboy
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I wouldn't bring that into question. There's a lot of borderline material in Ask Leo.

seen the jailbait thread? thats so far past the borderline, i'm surprised chris hansen hasn't logged on yet.

Jlude
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Well I'm just glad we straightened this out now. Imagine if you had gone through life without knowing that... disastrous.

SherlyMopar is my hero!:clap: :clap: :clap:

seen the jailbait thread? thats so far past the borderline, i'm surprised chris hansen hasn't logged on yet.

Are you kidding, go check nbc.com... I'm sure the next episode is gonna be based on online car forums... with Beyond.ca headlining! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Toyboy88 is gonna be on TV, walking into a room with Chris Hanson saying "Why don't you have a seat and talk for a minute"

AutodreamMarvin
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
TNation = TCarnage?

If so, I remember some trouble being stirred up in Ask Leo a few years ago.

Anyone care to look it up?

Team_Mclaren
12-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by AutodreamMarvin
TNation = TCarnage?

If so, I remember some trouble being stirred up in Ask Leo a few years ago.

Anyone care to look it up?
wow good memory, i dont think they are the same person though. TCarnage was the idiot with the "rate me" picture right?

edit: lol that didnt take long

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/31062/rate-me-danm-it-haha/

A790
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
^^^ Oh man that was good for five minutes of loling.

jbabante
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM

wow good memory, i dont think they are the same person though. TCarnage was the idiot with the "rate me" picture right?

wahahahha that ludelvr guy was awesome...

ricefarmer
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM

haha gold!

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by jbabante

wahahahha that ludelvr guy was awesome...

that section is called "ask leo", guess who leo is;)