PDA

View Full Version : Some moron parked too close to me! and scratched my car!

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 01:30 AM
So sorry guys... but some moron at college today decided he could fit between a parking spot... Basically both parking spots were taking up with one car on the left, and one on the right ( Mine) and this fucker in a purple pontiac grand am parks in between both our cars leaving like literally less than 1 ft.

Well to my discovery while he pulled into the parking spot his mirror hit mine, and now there's a big scratch on the side of my mirror, and it's too dark to tell if he scratched up my fender and stuff but I have his license plate, pics of his car mirror (Which has scratches all over the side of the mirror where it made contact with my mirror) and a picture of my mirror.

What should I do?? and do you guys wanna see the pics? haha it's quite funny how much space is between my car and his car. Oh yeh and a dent on my passenger door.

AyNaku
12-06-2007, 01:37 AM
show pic.....i wanna see what the moron did.....

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Ok hold on... I'm sure it can polished out but I'm just not happy how this idiot thought he could park between two cars. Pics are being uploaded.

EDIT:

BTW hard to see cause I took it on camera phone.

Destinova403
12-06-2007, 01:41 AM
thats so dumb... now i havent seen teh damage but im guessing its either lower than your deductable or you wouldnt want to make an insurrance claim over this. your insurrance would go up and im guesing the cost of the repair wouldnt be that high.

That said... you could try to just buff it out and polish it over, as long as the scratches didnt go right through the paint into the metal this should be ok.

as far as the dents... i dont think its a huge dael... my car has a few door dents on it and it doesnt bother me a whole lot, just part of having a daily driver... but that said, call up the guys at the body-shop of your choice (i would use screaming paintworks simply because of their great reviews on here) and im sure they will take a look at it for you no problem.

unfortunately in this case it would be almost impossable to make him pay for it... it would be very hard to prove deliberate valdalism and pictures of two damaged cars next to eachother really doesnt prove much... it would come down to his word against yours.

good luck with it man :thumbsup:

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Okay so here's how he parked (car on the left):

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6443/media2vi2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

My mirror:

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7553/media1jy7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

His mirror:

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5906/media3si6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Palmiros
12-06-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry, even if those pictures showed anything (which they don't; since they're pitch black) you have no proof he did that. I know it sucks, but in this situation unless you have a witness or concrete evidence he did that (which you don't) you're out of luck.

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Well 3rd pictures shows scratches, and the police can be more than happy to take a look at my car, and look at that parking... tell me he couldn't of scratched shit parking that close. The same goes for the other side. and plus security cameras might of caught something...

Destinova403
12-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
Well 3rd pictures shows scratches, and the police can be more than happy to take a look at my car, and look at that parking... tell me he couldn't of scratched shit parking that close. The same goes for the other side. and plus security cameras might of caught something...

as i said above... what are you trying to get from this? i mean... its like 100 bucks worth of labour... and you can probably buff it out urself...

Palmiros
12-06-2007, 02:07 AM
If you can prove that, good on you man. Take the tapes/pictures, and take it through insurance. I wouldn't recommend you do (as quite possibly your deductible is more than the actual cost of the repairs needed)
Have a good night.

GTS Jeff
12-06-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm guessing that you don't want reparations, that you are just trying to work some of the frustration out. If that's the case, you would have been better off keying the fuck out of his car while you were still there. Maybe scratch in a message like, "beware: this driver will hit your car while parking." Then again, that's blatant vandalism, so it's up to you...

rc2002
12-06-2007, 09:44 AM
This is to be expected in Calgary. Same thing happened to my mirror.

This can be avoided in the future by driving a POS.

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I'm guessing that you don't want reparations, that you are just trying to work some of the frustration out. If that's the case, you would have been better off keying the fuck out of his car while you were still there. Maybe scratch in a message like, "beware: this driver will hit your car while parking." Then again, that's blatant vandalism, so it's up to you...

No I didn't want any trouble, I just wanted to make sure the guy was aware that he scratched my car. I'm not going to make him pay for a minor damage, and it's not morally right keying someone's car. Although that act of blatant vandalism is a great idea until I would be caught on camera... hahaha Well I'll go through CPS and their going to be very unhappy when they see the trouble I've caused them.

In addition, you can't fix something by doing a wrong.

Originally posted by richardchan2002
This is to be expected in Calgary. Same thing happened to my mirror.

This can be avoided in the future by driving a POS.

Yeah It's perhaps time I've looked into something else...

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
So then really, what was the point of this thread? No one but you can see the scratches... There's not much you can. CPS will open a file, maybe.

rage2
12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Some fucker nailed my Yaris rear bumper in a parking lot. Dent, heavy scratches, and broke the inside wheel well plastic piece.

ZorroAMG
12-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Ok, seriously? How old are you? First week driving a car? That's life and THAT damage is nothing.

Get over it.

kevie88
12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I love my POS 92 Honda Civic.. runs like a champ, gets nice and warm, and everything works.. but it's beat to shit, every single panel has a huge dent or rust.. perfect mall or "leave downtown when I'm drunk-as-fuck" car!:thumbsup:

zipdoa
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
key his car.

Tik-Tok
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Auto retracting mirror FTW!

There's not much you can do now. Personally, I would have scuffed his mirror as much as he did yours. Eye for eye ('till everyone's blind) kind of thing.

Rat Fink
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Mckenzie
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
The same thing happened to me last year but it was on my drivers side and I literally had to crawl in through the other side to get in. I was so pissed that I left a note on the hick's windshield (it was an old 80s suburban) that read "learn how to park fucktard".

The next day I got back to my freshly polished black G35 and he (I'm assuming) had scratched with 2 keys double loops swirls across the entire side of the car. I'm assuming it was him because he was parked infront of me this time.

Sorry to hear about this...its annoying.

I've also had 2 hit and run accidents in a parking lot with me having to pay out of my pocket for.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :banghead: :nut: :nut: :dunno:

max_boost
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ok, seriously? How old are you? First week driving a car? That's life and THAT damage is nothing.

Get over it.

haha no shit!

How would you feel if you walk outside and see this happen to your car?

http://www.members.shaw.ca/samtang310/SLK1.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/samtang310/SLK2.jpg

DLo_Mein
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
^ Ouch!

nj2Type-S
12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
whoaa, wtf happened, max_boost?? :eek:

rc2002
12-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

haha no shit!

OMFG. a scratch on a mirror pales in comparison to this... WTF is this world coming to?

max_boost
12-06-2007, 06:07 PM
^^^

Just letting Bimmer88 know it could have been a lot worse so he can just relax and stop :cry: about things!!!

My car was parked and a semi (for whatever reason) did not see it on his blind (right) side and proceeded to give it a pretty good rub with his huge ass tires. He was driving parking lot speed but a thing that size scratched/dented the door, fender, bumper, trunk and broke the tails!

The good news is, no frame/suspension damage, all body.

The really good news is, my dad was just leaving the shop and saw the guy sitting in his rig! Who knows if he would have taken off if no one said/did anything!

It doesn't look like much but with current prices on parts and labor, could be $10K+! :eek:

sr20s14zenki
12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
^^^LOL
:eek:

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
^^^

Just letting Bimmer88 know it could have been a lot worse so he can just relax and stop :cry: about things!!!

My car was parked and a semi (for whatever reason) did not see it on his blind (right) side and proceeded to give it a pretty good rub with his huge ass tires. He was driving parking lot speed but a thing that size scratched/dented the door, fender, bumper, trunk and broke the tails!

The good news is, no frame/suspension damage, all body.

The really good news is, my dad was just leaving the shop and saw the guy sitting in his rig! Who knows if he would have taken off if no one said/did anything!

It doesn't look like much but with current prices on parts and labor, could be $10K+! :eek:

Uhh yeh yours is a lot worst.... Damn did you atleast make the dude pay for it? FUCK I'd be pissed!!! omg I'd burry him in his own pile of !@#$ wit that rig.

Well people are moron's no doubt about. I'm not crying about it, it's just I want that driver to be aware that he did indeed scratch my car. That's all! Besides, I'm sure it'll polish out.

And I overlooked my car again today and looks like he may of hit my fender but now there's touchup paint on it :D and it's kinda smushed in... like not bad or anything.

Bimmer88
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Auto retracting mirror FTW!

There's not much you can do now. Personally, I would have scuffed his mirror as much as he did yours. Eye for eye ('till everyone's blind) kind of thing.

Found this very funny! Maybe I'll do this after shit is settled. hahaha eye for an eye!!

No my friends all suggested I shoulda keyed his car or take my door and smash into his, and everything.

max_boost
12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Bimmer88

Uhh yeh yours is a lot worst.... Damn did you atleast make the dude pay for it? FUCK I'd be pissed!!! omg I'd burry him in his own pile of !@#$ wit that rig.

We are going through insurance and his company is paying for everything! I'm not happy about it but I'm not that worked up about it, shit happens. Nothing I can do!

Annoyingrob
12-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I came out to this last winter:

http://members.shaw.ca/annoyingrob/Supra%20Pics/Hit-n-run/accident2.JPG

Fortunately I tracked down the woman that did it and called the cops. I'm pretty sure she lost her license.

Fener and door have dents in them 1-2" deep.

....car STILL isn't repaired. Damn body shops.

Sharpie
12-08-2007, 09:58 PM

haha no shit!

Are you serial? Comeon his MIRROR got scratched...Atleast yours can be buffed out? Haha j/k man that is seriously shitty. Where are you taking it to get it fixed?

TegLover
12-08-2007, 10:05 PM

haha no shit!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/samtang310/SLK1.jpg

http://www.members.shaw.ca/samtang310/SLK2.jpg

how is that worse when you are getting that damage fully covered?

Anything worse than getting your car damaged is having to pay out of your own pocket for some else's mistake.

Weapon_R
12-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Are you serial?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/Jeffrey-dahmer.jpg

Team_Mclaren
12-08-2007, 10:09 PM
http://g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/WB-PVM03015.jpg

HiSpec
12-09-2007, 03:55 AM
not accusing you or anything... but how was your parking in the first place? did you park right against the edge of the yellow line of your parking stall? or did you park right in the middle perfectly even between the yellow lines?
I noticed lots of people will try to squeeze in their car even if the car beside them are right to the edge of the yellow line.

Sharpie
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Anything worse than getting your car damaged is having to pay out of your own pocket for some else's mistake.
Dude the amount of time/money it is going to take to get that car back to factory specs is unreal. Thats why I am asking where he is taking it to get it fixed because unless he picks a really good shop you will be able to tell that that quarter was fixed... Not to mention when he goes to sell the vehicle he has to tell people the 1/4 was fawked on it. Also a mirror can be fixed easily you take that to a shop and it will be like $90 you think having to wait 3-4 months to get your car fixed is better (because it is 'free)than just paying $90 to get a simple mirror fixed?

TegLover
12-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Dude the amount of time/money it is going to take to get that car back to factory specs is unreal. Thats why I am asking where he is taking it to get it fixed because unless he picks a really good shop you will be able to tell that that quarter was fixed... Not to mention when he goes to sell the vehicle he has to tell people the 1/4 was fawked on it. Also a mirror can be fixed easily you take that to a shop and it will be like $90 you think having to wait 3-4 months to get your car fixed is better (because it is 'free)than just paying $90 to get a simple mirror fixed?

I know what you mean, that damage is far worse. I'm not saying its better because it's free. What i was really trying to get at is he shouldn't be telling people to stop crying over shit when in fact he'd be crying too if it was a hit and run on his slk. I know i would and i would also be royally pissed if someone scratched up my mirror like that.

rmk
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Try and buff it out yourself. If you see the car parked there again, i'd leave a polite note on the windshied alerting them of their stupidity.

max_boost
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Are you serial? Comeon his MIRROR got scratched...Atleast yours can be buffed out? Haha j/k man that is seriously shitty. Where are you taking it to get it fixed?

Distinctive Autowerks. The only authorized MB repair shop.

Originally posted by TegLover

It's the inconvenience.

Bimmer88
12-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
not accusing you or anything... but how was your parking in the first place? did you park right against the edge of the yellow line of your parking stall? or did you park right in the middle perfectly even between the yellow lines?
I noticed lots of people will try to squeeze in their car even if the car beside them are right to the edge of the yellow line.

I was parked perfectly, in between the yellow lines, and so was the SUV beside me. Just this guy thought he could squeeze through, and ended up hiting my fender, after some inspection, and scratched my mirror.

My point of this thread is to show how dumb some people can be, and that it's a minor damage. I've also did leave a message on his windsheild telling him to call me. But no response after 3 days, and after 3 days CPS came to me, and we sorted things out. It's a social responsibility that most people don't have, and I can't believe he didn't say anything.

The police officer even said that I went above and beyond leaving a note on his windeshield when infact he should of left one on mine.

cloud7
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
This is the precise reason why I try to park far away from other cars, but even then there are idiots who think it is funny to park so close right next to you that you can hardly get in or out of your car. In fact I had that happen to me yesterday at the Seoul restaurant. I was parked and before I could get out of my car, this G6 came and parked right next to me on the line... so I quickly got out of there before he could open his door and ding my car.

Bowser
12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
In august, someone came into my work and told me there had been an "accident" outside in the parking lot (I was working in guest services), she told me the license plate of MY car. So I run outside to see that my car was heavily damaged on the right side. The moron parked next to me, didn't know how to drive out of a parking spot and completly destroyed my passenger door and fender. $3000 damage, which of course I took in cash. Now after I put her back together, she's meaner than before and I still have a little bit of cash left over for my next project :D. So despite the 2 month headach I had over it. I did manage to get out on top.
Now with your little scratch, it would be a joke to even take that to insurance. Your premiums would go up and the guy who hit you would just walk away unharmed. It's completly pointless, besides, during a car's life, it will accumulate many scratches. Some little, some bigger. That's life, if you don't want it scratched, park far from everything, or make sure that the space between your car and the next is only a few feet, too small for even a smart.

arian_ma
12-10-2007, 07:57 PM
It's the worst at the LRT station, no mater HOW close to the sidewalk you park, someone still jams their car 3mm away from yours. GTFO!