12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Jeremy Clarkson on tuning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrquSfkzbsw

SpoonEK9@STRD
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
stig brushes him self off casually.

zachattack54
12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
He has some good points there and I love the hood on the car thats sweet!! doesnt even look like the turbo works either. Probally just put it there just to convay his point.

962 kid
12-06-2007, 05:17 PM
This video shows exactly why I hate Jeremy Clarkson.

Destinova403
12-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
This video shows exactly why I hate Jeremy Clarkson.

elaborate?

962 kid
12-06-2007, 05:33 PM
inconsistent, hugely biased shit spews constantly from his mouth. He complains about how shitty a 400hp evo is? Here's him reviewing the FQ400 (a 400hp evo). He seems to like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZWJjC648I

He basically knows next to nothing about cars, uses top speed figures as evidence that one car is better than another, has a new favorite car every second episode, etc etc. He's a good entertainer, but I've never really understood why he chose to host a car show seeing as he's hugely ignorant.

nismodrifter
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
^+1 to that. Some of the shit that comes out of his mouth makes ZERO sense at all and his "ratings" of which cars he likes is just totally random.

ercchry
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Here's him reviewing the FQ400 (a 400hp evo). He seems to like it

did you watch the end? he said the same thing....

clem24
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

did you watch the end? he said the same thing....

:werd:

He says the exact same thing... The Evo undresses itself at 100mph. Clarkson is one of those people that either you love or hate. No in betweens. I personally like him. Hugely entertaining, witty, and really cocky, but he pulls off his cockiness in a way that doesn't really piss you off.. It's weird. Besides, what North American show can even compete with him and/or Top Gear? All North American car shows are just simply boring.

Destinova403
12-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by clem24

:werd:

He says the exact same thing... The Evo undresses itself at 100mph. Clarkson is one of those people that either you love or hate. No in betweens. I personally like him. Hugely entertaining, witty, and really cocky, but he pulls off his cockiness in a way that doesn't really piss you off.. It's weird. Besides, what North American show can even compete with him and/or Top Gear? All North American car shows are just simply boring.

werd, top gear is all about entertainment. take everything he says with a grain of salt, he makes good points, however, and he is very entertaining.

Trini
12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403

werd, top gear is all about entertainment. take everything he says with a grain of salt, he makes good points, however, and he is very entertaining.
:werd: he is great entertainment

arian_ma
12-07-2007, 01:52 AM
inconsistent, hugely biased shit spews constantly from his mouth. He complains about how shitty a 400hp evo is? Here's him reviewing the FQ400 (a 400hp evo). He seems to like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZWJjC648I

He basically knows next to nothing about cars, uses top speed figures as evidence that one car is better than another, has a new favorite car every second episode, etc etc. He's a good entertainer, but I've never really understood why he chose to host a car show seeing as he's hugely ignorant.

I think I've figured him out. I think those HUGE ass exaggerations, the random things he says, and the constant references to unknown figures, are the "sense of humor" over in England.

teggypimp95
12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah I like him. You have to remember this is british humor. Sometimes hard to understand, and some people cant understand it at all. Alot of people think he is not funny becuase they dont understand his jokes or exaggerations.
Its like the movie Hot Fuzz. Thats all british humor. Some people think its soo funny, when others think its not funny at all.

Gibson
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't understand why people take things Clarkson says so seriously, because they aren't meant to be. Alot of the things he says are supposed to make people hate him and to be offensive which is why it's so sweet.

Honestly is one of the funniest people on TV.

Canmorite
12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Gibson
I don't understand why people take things Clarkson says so seriously, because they aren't meant to be. Alot of the things he says are supposed to make people hate him and to be offensive which is why it's so sweet.

Honestly is one of the funniest people on TV.

I agree. I love his humor, but he contradicts himself quite a bit. Don't take everything he says seriously.

DonJuan
12-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Ah British wit at it's finest.

Clarkson is a great entertainer, but I wouldn't go as far as not knowing anything about cars. He is just biased to everything British (good British I mean).

I like how he is usually criticizes even the best cars, for just being the best and therefore bland. His love of simplicity rather than complexity.

This shouldn't garner hate towards him though, he should be appreciated for showing the lighter side of automotive journalism.

Which is why Top Gear > Fifth Gear
And also why Clarkson > Tiff

Tiff is annoying

g-m
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
clarkson is badass I cant even watch most of the crap on tv but i'll watch little youtube videos of top gear

I also like how he reviews functional aspects of the car designs that he is testing for example I watched a top gear reviewing some cadillac. Everytime a door was opened or basically whenever he did anything the car would 'bong' which is SUPER SUPER annoying and I know because my car does that when the drivers door is open and the key is in.
Like he said, I KNOW the key is in, its the most annoying thing in the world and I STILL lock my keys in the car just as often as if there was no beeper. What if I want to listen to my stereo while I'm cleaning and vacuuming my car? I have to put the car into pre-ignition which means I have to run the fuel pump, parking lights (unless you put the e-brake up BEFORE you turn the key), etc which drains the battery fairily quickly.

That comment would probably have turned me off buying the cadillac had I been looking for a domestic pos in the first place.

Eleanor
12-07-2007, 06:01 PM
He's entertaining. And he does know his shit, it's just a persona that he has on the show.

Jayson
12-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I agree with the "you either love him or hate him"

I watch the show because purely because it's entertaining and funny, and there are some nice cars they bag around on there.

If i ever had enough money to buy half the super cars they show on Top Gear i don't think i'd take the advice of Jeremy Clarkson... he is extremely biased and sometimes doesn't make sense... Either way i love the show it's one of my favorite shows to watch.

To the OP, nice vid good find

Zephyr
12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Just like Simon Cowell of American Idol...similar attitudes, but entertaining nonetheless, and yea they know their stuff. People get mad as if the tv was insulting them, wow.