PDA

View Full Version : Republik opening back up???

R-Audi
12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
<Not sure if this is the right section...but here it goes anyways>

Anyone else hear the Republik is opening back up??? New location.. bit further down 17th... I guess the Grand opening is next friday.. not sure if its by invite only though. Its in the building formerly occupied by Victoria's! (There are also two other new places going in that building)

I can't wait... hopefully they get some good concerts through there like the good ole' days... one of the first punk shows I ever went to was in there! Lagwagon!!

Either way.. should be cool. Apparently being run by Victor Choi (sp) and the Owners of The Drum and Monkey......

sexualbanana
12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Wasn't that Detours?? Sounds like your kind of spot, Mark.

R-Audi
12-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Ha ha.. Thanks Gavin. Not actually sure if its in the old Detours or not... maybe you should come along and tell me if you recognize it?

joyridder
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I would be super stoked if it did reopen!! Wow that was a long time ago for me lol. I remember the last night it was open, waiting 45 min at the bar, great music and ppl!!!!

Heff
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I have many fond memories of shutting down the repugnant on a thursday nights and then going out for pizza at an all night pizza joint nearby.

eb0i
12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I believe Detours is where Victoria's is now. Tequila is in the location of the old Republik.

R-Audi
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I believe Detours is where Victoria's is now. Tequila is in the location of the old Republik.

The 'New' Republik is opening where Victorias used to be...

GREENBOY
12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
I've heard it's opening in the old Victoria's building on 17th very soon. They've got trades guys in now doing stuff inside and it looks busy there.

Surely it's only the name that's the same though - you can't recreate a point in time and an atmosphere that's been gone for seven years or whatever. It's just a new club called Republik. You can't just 'reopen' a club that was somewhere else and sometime else and expect it to be the same. It'll be interesting though. Just glad they're doing something with that building.

Graham_A_M
12-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
&lt;
Either way.. should be cool. Apparently being run by Victor Choi (sp) and the Owners of The Drum and Monkey......
I'm pretty sure Victor Choi is the original owner of the Republik.
Not to sure why it was shut down, I always remember it being an awesome place.

Hopefully they have a live stage, I'd love to do some shows there. :D :D

I wonder if it'll have that same "organic" element that the original Republik had. :dunno:

R-Audi
12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Well it is opening this weekend....

Thursday is live music/bands

Friday is DJ/Indie

Saturday is (I think) DJ/top 40ish

I know they are trying for an 'updated' Republik feel.. but I havent seen it yet. Im heading there on friday so i will let ya know! (AFAIK its invite only.. but I could be mistaken)