PDA

View Full Version : need advice buying rims

5G_celica
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm thinking about buying a set of used chrome rims from the states. so I can't see them before I buy,

but the pictures show not curb rash, but she told me that she blew 2 tires going over pot holes. I don't know much about rims, so I don't know how likely it is the the rims will be warped or not.

what do you guys think? they are pretty cheap at $100 plus what ever it takes to ship it. for 18" chromes. plus it's really hard finding used rims for my Catera

Thanks

The Cosworth
12-07-2007, 11:10 AM
:bullshit: something is def wrong with them.

Rims for $100 bucks? that is too cheap, and if she drove over a pot hole so rough that two tires blew I would they they are f*cked

03ozwhip
12-07-2007, 11:55 AM
if they are you can always get them repaired and still have a set of nice rims for cheeeeeap.

JordanEG6
12-07-2007, 12:29 PM
if the hubs (center of the wheel) are bent, warped or off centered, they're f*cked and you cant fix em.

if the outter rims is bent, warped or chipped, they are repairable. Just take em to Alberta Wheel Repair.

5G_celica
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
if the hubs (center of the wheel) are bent, warped or off centered, they're f*cked and you cant fix em.

if the outter rims is bent, warped or chipped, they are repairable. Just take em to Alberta Wheel Repair.

would you be able to tell if the hub is messed up from pictures?

JordanEG6
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 5G_celica

would you be able to tell if the hub is messed up from pictures?

sometimes no, but you should post them up anyways.

tirebob
12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
If thgey are chrome wheels and are damaged, don't bother. Chrome is not repairable like painted/machined/polished finishes are... You can't just touch up chrome. The whole wheel would need to be stripped of its existiung chome, repaired, and completely re-chromed... More expensive than just buying new rims man...

YLW_DUB
12-25-2007, 02:44 PM
make sure you get good pics of the wheels. thats a really low price for 18s. and chrome wheels are the suck just so you know. i work at a tire/wheels shop and chrome always coroads up. make sure the offsets, lug pattern are all right as well.