PDA

View Full Version : telus contracts

RiCE-DaDDy
07-18-2003, 11:35 PM
anyone work for telus?

my phone is destroyed, literally, still have bout a year on the contract. what are my options??

Ben
07-19-2003, 12:07 AM
pretty much buy a new phone, or if you cant, drop your plan down to the lowest one and buy it out...

Hash_man
07-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Ya, my dad works for telus, and my phone kept breaking, and it was under warranty, which most phones have.. so I sent it in again, because I could not get a new phone without paying $500 or whatever it is. So now I have a loaner phone, and I am going to keep it. heheh. :rofl:

Ajay
07-19-2003, 02:01 AM
Keeping a company loaner phone isn't a good idea......well depending on the company.

At my dealership we don't give out loaner phones unless a customer has a credit card and if they don't pick up their phone from repair within a certain amount of time or refuse to return our loaner phone we report our loaner phone stolen which in turn causes Telus to disconnect the loaner ESN from the customer's account and charge their credit card for the loaner phone. Get's them in the store to return the loaner REAL QUICK!

But to answer the question for the dude that posted this thread....go to a place like Future Shop or Telephone Booth cause they sell phones outright alot cheaper than dealerships do. Or you can go to some places like London Drugs cause sometimes they have refurbished phones for cheap. Either get a new phone and throw that on your contract, drop your contract down to the lowest price plan and pay without using a phone, put your phone on vacation disconnect until you want to get a new phone but this adds more time to your contract (i.e. if you put your phone on vacation disconnect for say 3 months your contract is extended for an additional three months), or buy out your contract.

Just a couple options for you.

Hash_man
07-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Keeping a company loaner phone isn't a good idea......well depending on the company.

At my dealership we don't give out loaner phones unless a customer has a credit card and if they don't pick up their phone from repair within a certain amount of time or refuse to return our loaner phone we report our loaner phone stolen which in turn causes Telus to disconnect the loaner ESN from the customer's account and charge their credit card for the loaner phone. Get's them in the store to return the loaner REAL QUICK!

Ya, that doesn't sound too good, But I think i will hold my ground and not return my phone until they give me something better. But I probably have about 6 weeks to think that over, last time they sent my phone in, they said 2 at the most, and over 6 weeks later, I just got a refurbished phone. I hate it.

RSeXy
07-19-2003, 05:24 PM
i broke my phone and i still had a year left on my contract...so i went to a telus phone retailer and bought a new phone...its a POS...but i only paid 150 for it...

just don't buy your phone from a telus store b/c they jack up the price quite a bit!

GTS Jeff
07-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
i broke my phone and i still had a year left on my contract...so i went to a telus phone retailer and bought a new phone...its a POS...but i only paid 150 for it...

just don't buy your phone from a telus store b/c they jack up the price quite a bit! half the price at future shop!