PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Skates Broken!

rmk
12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Out on the ice this afternoon I bailed on my ass. Other than never living this down with my co-workers.... What should a man do? These skates are by far the best i've owned in my life (many pairs abused) so i'm not really wanting to buy a new pair but see if this can be replaced. Any shops in mind?

Pic: :rofl:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/gsr_ryan/PC071293800x600.jpg

shtock99
12-07-2007, 09:22 PM
any hockey shop will be able to replace the blade holder, pro skate might be your best option

01RedDX
12-08-2007, 01:06 AM

trieuth
12-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Prolites are brutal holders anyways, get a set of tuuks. I've swapped tuuks onto every pair i've ever owned.

jeremyn
12-08-2007, 04:06 AM
you should install the tblades.
best blades ive ever owned.
when your blades get dull you just replace them, its pretty cool. they also last way longer and you can choose how sharp you want it to be.

sl888
12-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by jeremyn
you should install the tblades.
best blades ive ever owned.
when your blades get dull you just replace them, its pretty cool. they also last way longer and you can choose how sharp you want it to be.
I've been looking at t-blades. I heard they went for $400 or so when they first came out now its around $100? Where could you get them from anyways? Anywhere local?

jeremyn
12-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by sl888

I've been looking at t-blades. I heard they went for $400 or so when they first came out now its around $100? Where could you get them from anyways? Anywhere local?

im not too sure but its not 400
you can get a pair of graf skates for 400 WITH the t blades.
what i did was have them installed on my skates for around 150? dont really remember but its worth it.
the blade also stays sharper for longer and its soooo easy to replace your own blades, i change my blades about once a month and it only cost 20$ to get a new pair.
i play often too and on outdoor rinks and they're still sharp when i go play my league games.

theres a store called tuxedo source for sports on center street that installs them.
wicked store too, i go there for everything.

sl888
12-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah Tuxedo is a good place. I got my helmet there. I'll go check it out cause I'm pretty sure I'll get them. Theres a new one called Adrenaline Source for Sports on McLeod. I believe its only hockey equipment.

rollinv4l
12-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I got my T-Blades from B&P Cycle

98type_r
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
+1 for tuxedo for either the t-blades or replacements on your skates. Some of the best product selection and service in the city

trieuth
12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Tuxedo is brutal for service, i prefer Professional skate in marda loop or the new adrenaline source for sports is awesome too.

T-blades are over rated, unless you are on a travelling hockey team, where you cant get a decent sharpen everytime you need to, its not worth it. The steel is so small, everytime i would make a hard turn the plastic holders would catch the ice and i would bail. I ended up selling mine, and getting a set of tuuks. Plus they sound like shit when you skate.

snowboard
12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by trieuth
Tuxedo is brutal for service, i prefer Professional skate in marda loop or the new adrenaline source for sports is awesome too.

T-blades are over rated, unless you are on a travelling hockey team, where you cant get a decent sharpen everytime you need to, its not worth it. The steel is so small, everytime i would make a hard turn the plastic holders would catch the ice and i would bail. I ended up selling mine, and getting a set of tuuks. Plus they sound like shit when you skate.

haha
*crunch crunch crunch crunch*

trieuth
12-09-2007, 03:20 PM
haha its the same as a honda civic with a huge fart can.