PDA

View Full Version : Driving at an unreasonable speed??

turab16
12-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Guys i need help,
i was charging down on deerfoot north bound when a cop car just pulled up from glen more ramp on to deer foot and as i was side by side slowed down and yet he still pulled me over and gave me a ticket of driving at an unreasonable speed. He never clocked me ?? Wht are my chances in the court.... n yes i know speeding is bad and blah blah ..... so suggestions only and no rants would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

nikka
12-08-2007, 06:40 PM
i thought that the most a cop can charge you with without actually clocking you is 30 over. how much over the limit did he put you as going on the ticket?

ICEBERG
12-08-2007, 06:44 PM
How fast where you going before you slowed down?

01RedDX
12-08-2007, 07:33 PM

turab16
12-08-2007, 10:39 PM
i was doing 150 - 160...........

he never wrote down the speed on the ticket since he never clocked me.

Team_Mclaren
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM
whats the fine? or was it pink?

turab16
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
n by the time he was behind me and started to flash the lights i was doing speed limit

Jay911
12-08-2007, 11:14 PM
1. How do you know "he never clocked you"?

2. Where did you find a posted sign that says "150-160"? The closest I've ever seen in this country is "110".

If the cop was doing posted or close to it and you rocketed up beside him but then only did the posted speed once you got there, do you not understand that even if he didn't run radar on you, that he can tell that you had to be hauling ass in order to catch up to him at such a rate?

You asked for suggestions, here's mine: Don't press so hard on that long pedal on the right next time.

turab16
12-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Jay911
1. How do you know "he never clocked you"?

2. Where did you find a posted sign that says "150-160"? The closest I've ever seen in this country is "110".

If the cop was doing posted or close to it and you rocketed up beside him but then only did the posted speed once you got there, do you not understand that even if he didn't run radar on you, that he can tell that you had to be hauling ass in order to catch up to him at such a rate?

You asked for suggestions, here's mine: Don't press so hard on that long pedal on the right next time.

he never clocked me since he didn't get the chance , he came on deerfoot from glenmore ,,, i was already on deerfoot.... he never clocked me....i know it.... the speed is not mentioned on the ticket.... its a yellow ticket ... i don't even know the demerits... lastly thanx for the unwanted rant...

PS I NEED A LEGAL OPINION! thanx

Jay911
12-09-2007, 12:48 AM
You know that he never measured your speed because you just know it. Outstanding.

And there was no rant there. If I had chosen to rant, I would have said a lot more about how I'm tired of spending my career rinsing people off the roadway who think "150-160" in the city is appropriate. I could have pointed out that while I have no problem driving at high speeds, our city, province, and country doesn't agree, and we have to abide by those rules in order to make sure everyone goes home safe at night - especially considering the majority of our fellow road users don't have the skills to handle encountering someone going that fast. If I'd been ranting, I could have gone on about how the same line of thinking that figures 150-160 on today's roads is okay goes hand-in-hand with the thought that driving 100kph drunk through a red light in a cement mixer and slaughtering an entire family is okay. Believe me, a rant would have gone much further than I did in my initial reply.

As I said earlier, you want suggestions, here they are: Slow the fuck down and Own up to your mistakes when you do get caught. I'm far from perfect and I've had my share of traffic violations. The proper response when this happens is not to figure out how to get out of it, but learn from the situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Lastly - if you need a legal opinion, why are you on Beyond instead of phoning Pointts or something like that? I'd love to see someone in a court of law cite a post on a message board for their legal defense. It's like a scientific basis being backed up by Wikipedia.

phrozen
12-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Lol, was the ticket Pink or Yellow??

Where the amount of the ticket is
what does it say??

ei:

Amount due: $170

or

Amount Due: Court.

Mixalot27
12-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by turab16
PS I NEED A LEGAL OPINION! thanx

Might wanna ask a lawyer instead of an internet forum then chief. :banghead:

GenerationX
12-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27

Might wanna ask a lawyer instead of an internet forum then chief. :banghead:
not now chief.
hes in the fucking zone.

Mibz
12-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX

not now chief.
hes in the fucking zone. Can't afford the ticket cause he had 30 Jaggerbombs last night.

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Can't afford the ticket cause he had 30 Jaggerbombs last night.

he needs the leftovers for the proteins his mom forgot to buy

BerserkerCatSplat
12-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX

not now chief.
hes in the fucking zone.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sneek
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
POWWWWEEERRR BARRRRRRR

Honda_002
12-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Some things to remember while posting your speeding tickets on beyond

1) These threads always turn into rants, you say prick cop, they say blah blah doing their job blah blah
2) There is always at least 1 member who will find guilt in your actions, guilty or not, and he will push his thoughts to no end, turning the thread into an internal shit war
3) Everyone bitches about speeding but the thruth of it is, everyone rips from time to time
4) If you cant afford the ticket dont speed/Man up and pay your ticket <its a givin that you will see these posts in one shape or another, at least once in these types of threads
5) Disregard useless flame posts, and pay attention to the useful ones because from time to time somehow the suns align with the planet earth and something useful actually comes in the form of a post, from someone over the age of 20, not looking to start a flame war.

:thumbsup:

88CRXGUY
12-09-2007, 01:44 AM
OP, its time to put on your flame suit mofo lol.

toyboy88
12-09-2007, 01:45 AM

he never clocked me since he didn't get the chance , he came on deerfoot from glenmore ,,, i was already on deerfoot.... he never clocked me....i know it.... the speed is not mentioned on the ticket.... its a yellow ticket ... i don't even know the demerits...

Alright if he was merging/oncoming from Glenmore onto Deerfoot, I'm pretty sure if your going 40-50 km/h over the limit that he can spot you pretty easy out of all the cars...and if say most people are doing 115/120 km/h, and you are doing at least 30-35+ km/h over the "flow" of traffic that pretty much anyone can tell with the naked eye that your going pretty fast already?

Who cares if he didn't clock you on a radar?
You know yourself you were going 40-50 km/h over the limit, anybody you were driving by can tell your going alot faster too...

Either slow down, or accept the consequences of your own actions.

:dunno: I'm off to bed...

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Honda_002
Some things to remember while posting your speeding tickets on beyond

1) These threads always turn into rants, you say prick cop, they say blah blah doing their job blah blah
2) There is always at least 1 member who will find guilt in your actions, guilty or not, and he will push his thoughts to no end, turning the thread into an internal shit war
3) Everyone bitches about speeding but the thruth of it is, everyone rips from time to time
4) If you cant afford the ticket dont speed/Man up and pay your ticket &lt;its a givin that you will see these posts in one shape or another, at least once in these types of threads
5) Disregard useless flame posts, and pay attention to the useful ones because from time to time somehow the suns align with the planet earth and something useful actually comes in the form of a post, from someone over the age of 20, not looking to start a flame war.

:thumbsup:

awesome reply, would read again A+++
since you just helped the OP so much.

InLoveWitRSX
12-09-2007, 02:09 AM
if he has a certificate of estimation or something like that, he could just show that in court and you lose.

ICEBERG
12-09-2007, 11:23 AM
i was doing 150 - 160...........

he never wrote down the speed on the ticket since he never clocked me.

So he estimated how fast you where going. They can do that, even if you where going 160 and slowed down he could still say that when he saw you on deerfoot that you where travelling at unreasonable rate of speed and it will still stay up in court.

EDIT: Go to court and Try to get some demerits off. It won't hurt. I think Unreasonable rate of speed is 4 Demerits, try to get it reduced.. Tell the judge that...YES you where speeding but where only going 15KM over the speed limit. Exceeding speed limit by up to 15 km/hr is 2 demerits. So insted of 4 demerits you could get it reduce to 2.. Since there was no speed mentioned on the ticket you could get lucky.

Good luck,

calgarys_finest
12-09-2007, 11:48 AM
agreed ^^ even better tell them you were speeding and ask for 0 demerits they usually let you off with the demerits if your willing to pay the fine.

turab16
12-09-2007, 12:39 PM
to all the helpers big thumbs up esp bigmooe who pmd me !!

i don't drink i don't smoke no nothing

i was running late for work that morning and hence the speeding... all you guys who feel good after lecturing .... if thats how it is so be it !

TheOneAndOnly
12-09-2007, 01:19 PM
dood ican't believe your complaining..u admit 2 going 50-60 over... u got lucky IMHO.

but i understand, being late for work, then being even later.

ercchry
12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest
agreed ^^ even better tell them you were speeding and ask for 0 demerits they usually let you off with the demerits if your willing to pay the fine.

not anymore

but thanks for making the thread, you reminded me i have to go fight my ticket tomorrow :thumbsup:

bart
12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
in most other un-retarded countries, speeding IS SPEEDING.

no matter if you are going 10 or 100 over the speed limit. all you get is a speeding ticket and fine.

its the cops opinion it may be dangerous driving, but who's to say he's fit to decide if you can drive fast safely? is he some kind of race car instructor? no.

cmodem
12-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by bart
in most other un-retarded countries, speeding IS SPEEDING.

no matter if you are going 10 or 100 over the speed limit. all you get is a speeding ticket and fine.

its the cops opinion it may be dangerous driving, but who's to say he's fit to decide if you can drive fast safely? is he some kind of race car instructor? no.

your a fucking idiot and go home just like your other post.

the cops job is to protect bystanders... enforce law blah blah blah and if he deems you doing something unlawful i.e. speeding and it's dangerous he can give you whatever. His job is to protect bystanders from a dumbass like you not go to racing school and figure out whether or not your hardcore driving skills is proper racing technique or not.

That's as dumb as saying going to an airport with fucking bombs strapped on your chest and the airport security shouldn't stop you their not bomb squad they know nothing about bombs.

Go home.

syeve
12-13-2007, 03:00 PM
^^werd. Our roads are not designed for your super speedy car Bart, go move to an un-retarded country.

mekeni
12-13-2007, 03:08 PM
here is my advice...

pay up !!!

turab16
12-13-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks for ur help iceberg and to all the others who were actually tryin to help!!

TO all you haters out there...... since he didn't clock me , the crown dropped her pants ... and just gave me the option of 15 over limit.... 2 demerits and 89 fine ..... THANK YOU n GNITE!!

mekeni
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
you still have to pay and got demerits....

sorry, but you lost...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

codetrap
12-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Kindof makes me wish that Alberta would adopt the "crush yer car" law here for people caught doing 50-60 over the limit. Then we'd only hear about these morons driving dangerously once.

:dunno:

Maddog55
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jay911
You know that he never measured your speed because you just know it. Outstanding.

And there was no rant there. If I had chosen to rant, I would have said a lot more about how I'm tired of spending my career rinsing people off the roadway who think &quot;150-160&quot; in the city is appropriate. I could have pointed out that while I have no problem driving at high speeds, our city, province, and country doesn't agree, and we have to abide by those rules in order to make sure everyone goes home safe at night - especially considering the majority of our fellow road users don't have the skills to handle encountering someone going that fast. If I'd been ranting, I could have gone on about how the same line of thinking that figures 150-160 on today's roads is okay goes hand-in-hand with the thought that driving 100kph drunk through a red light in a cement mixer and slaughtering an entire family is okay. Believe me, a rant would have gone much further than I did in my initial reply.

As I said earlier, you want suggestions, here they are: Slow the fuck down and Own up to your mistakes when you do get caught. I'm far from perfect and I've had my share of traffic violations. The proper response when this happens is not to figure out how to get out of it, but learn from the situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

Lastly - if you need a legal opinion, why are you on Beyond instead of phoning Pointts or something like that? I'd love to see someone in a court of law cite a post on a message board for their legal defense. It's like a scientific basis being backed up by Wikipedia.

^ :rofl: +rep...fucking excellent rant...well said!! :clap:

150-160 wow..that IS fast, even for the Deerfoot 500.

syeve
12-15-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks for ur help iceberg and to all the others who were actually tryin to help!!

TO all you haters out there...... since he didn't clock me , the crown dropped her pants ... and just gave me the option of 15 over limit.... 2 demerits and 89 fine ..... THANK YOU n GNITE!!

Keep speeding like that and you will get caught again, or maybe you will get lucky and wrap yourself around a pole.

Jay911
12-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Yup. Be seeing you again when I have to rinse you off into the ditch someday.

SeanDon
12-15-2007, 01:54 PM
haha so much love

Kloubek
12-15-2007, 02:01 PM
ok... overly expressed emotions aside:

OP: The fact is that the officer is allowed to estimate your speed. He does not have to clock you, which is a grave misconception. If you can somehow prove in court that his estimating ability is deficient, then all the power - but good luck. It will be difficult to do at the best of times - especially when you were actually travelling such excessive speeds. Besides that, there is merit to those who claim you should just suck it up. Let's face it, your speeds WERE quite outrageous.

My suggestion: Try to get the ticket reduced by talking to the crown. Chances are they will do something for you. Then just eat the fine/demerits/whatever, and learn to keep your speed at least reasonable.

turab16
12-16-2007, 11:56 PM
^thanks man. but the charges were brought to a minimum... which i m ok with

Kloubek
12-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Well there ya go then. So you went down and talked to the crown? Yeah, they usually reduce a ticket as a "thanks for showing up" offer. Congrats on having it reduced. But an honest question for you: Did the prospect of having such a charge scare you enough to take it easier at least? :)