http://members.shaw.ca/ivan86/beyond/DSC00026.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ivan86/beyond/DSC00027.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/ivan86/beyond/DSC00028.JPG

would make the perfect system for your home or christmas present

asking 500 OBO

leave a msg if interested

dj_rice
12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
So it retails for $4799 and your selling for $500...and they're brand new....why the huge price drop...something fishy...

Were these purchased from the back of a white Chevy Astro van?

Mods should Ban for selling scammed stereo equipment

BerserkerCatSplat
12-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Color of van that these were sold out the back of? Possibly white?

LOL@ $4,800 "MSRP"

HK2NR
12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Any check out the fly by night company webpage.... but more importantly what's on the TVs in the backgrounds

dj_rice
12-09-2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/273/RipOff0273448.htm

This has been a well-known scam within the A/V industry but this scam has occurred in San Diego near military bases. A man asked me on the road while I was driving if I wanted to buy a new stereo system. I should of had the sense to suspect something, but I agreed. He stated he was delivering stereo for his business but ended up with a few too many systems. He also stated his boss wanted him to sell the systems for whatever he can get and with that money, his boss would take him and his co-workers 'to a strip club'. He showed me several boxes of seemingly new stereo systems under the brand Genesis Media Labs. He even showed me a 'consumer magazine' that listed the product with a MSRP of $2999.99 and listed component information. He opened the box and showed me the components. I probably got greedy and did not let common sense guide me and ended up buying the system for a negotiated price of $200. I returned home and started to research the stereo I bought and found no detailed information from the company website. I researched further and found this was part of a larger, sophisticated scam and the system is not worth the listed MSRP. The receiver does not have any type of functioning controls on the face and the remote is the only way to work the system. A/V websites stated this product is a very cheap system. I am writing to bring awareness to this updated scam because it was a well-thoughtout scam that seems to be occuring in San Diego.

DGill
12-09-2007, 05:52 PM
someone tried selling me these out of a green ford sedan ahah

dj_rice
12-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Brands reported to be sold out of white vans

* Acoustic Monitor, Acoustic Studio Monitor, Acoustic Response, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology
* Advanced Sound Technologies (AST)
* Audio Tech
* Audiofile
* Cerwin Vega (counterfeit)
* Denmark
* Dogg Digital, Digital Dogg Audio
* DanWave
* Dahlton
* Digital Pro Audio, Pro Audio, Digital Audio, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems, Digital Audio Skyline, Digital Research
* DiVinci
* Dynalab
* Elite Audio
* Epiphany Audio
* Epic Sound
* Fleetwood Audio
* Genesis Media Labs
* Grafdale
* Hauffman
* JBL (counterfeit)
* Kirsch
* Linear Phase
* Matrix Audio
* Millennium Theater Systems (MTS)
* Omni Audio
* Palermo
* Paradyme
* Pro Dynamics
* Proline Acoustic
* Protecsound
* PSD
* PTS
* Samurai
* Skyline
* Studio Tech
* Theater Innovations
* Theater Logic
* Theater Research, Theatre Research
* Ultra Digital Labs

Takahashi
12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
this is the garbage the douche bags try to sell out of their vans,

" yeah were seling it all for $500 "

" i dont have $500 "

" well.... how much do you have?... "

:thumbsdow

88CRXGUY
12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah there is something fishy and we aren't talking about the OP's mom either..jk..

lifetime
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Hahah they were here in Medicine Hat too...A friend of mines roomate gave it to him as a rent payment lol...He also found out it was a scam....

SilverGS
12-11-2007, 05:07 PM
hmm I have heard of these as well. I wonder where they get it for and how much $10?

88CRXGUY
12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll give you the change that its my ashtray of my car for these.

clem24
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Wahahahaha, check out the website... If you watch the changing picture of the house interior, you'll see that the system is photoshopped into the pic. :rofl: Who the hell puts 2 towers side by side in the corner of a room.. And the receiver right beside it... Just like the stock photo! :nut:

Didn't this same system pop on beyond only a few months back? Or was it a different system...

chris
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
look at their 'factory tour' lol

dr_jared88
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
not only is this a scam, its less then have the price on kijiji
http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Genesis-Media-Labs-G-608-Digital-Labs-Never-used-W0QQAdIdZ31060520

hahah good scam

megavolt
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
The original scammers usually don't bother with sites like this because 'peer review' usually comes into play. :D Sellers on sites like this are usually trying to re-scam for the price they got scammed for. :P

Leekiwwi
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
$20!

phrozen
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll pay $20.10

88CRXGUY
12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I think that OP would have a better chance of selling these out of his 03 civic then he would trying to fuck over beyond members lol.

OWNED BY BEYOND BITCH.

2006lancer
12-11-2007, 07:58 PM
where do people get this cheap stuff from...do they buy the speakers and replace them or how does it work???

dj_rice
12-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 2006lancer
where do people get this cheap stuff from...do they buy the speakers and replace them or how does it work???

Just search on Google...type in White van speakers...tons of shit will pop up

I just find this funny, cause I get asked by these guys all the time at the mall, at the bank, they even flagged me down once when I was on Memorial...

The funniest scam is the Italian accent dude, driving around in a rented Magnum, asking for directions to the airport, acting like a lost tourist, then asks if I want to buy Giorgio Armani suits/leather jackets cuz hes the Canadian rep here

Heres another member getting busted by concerned Beyond members

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/170838/fs-genesis-g2875-tower-speakers-bnib/

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/136953/selling-speakers-from-the-back-of-a-van/

Nekura
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
the website actually looks pretty legit, except for of course the modified pictures where they had to photoshop in the receiver. if you look carefully, you will notice the shady blur around the receiver. they even have an employment section on their website. when you even want to call the sale representative, it brings you to a coming soon page.......

excellent deal.

corrode
12-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Ban this guy. As if we don't have enough scams going on around Calgary. We don't need some douchebag trying to scam beyonders too. It degrades this forum.

Kloubek
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I've seen one of these units in use. They actually have *ok* sound, but you'd be much better off just buying a theatre setup from Future Shop for less money.

Plus, the "surround sound" isn't really surround sound at all. There are seperate inputs in the back for centre, left, right, etc.

dj_rice
12-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I've seen one of these units in use. They actually have *ok* sound, but you'd be much better off just buying a theatre setup from Future Shop for less money.

Plus, the "surround sound" isn't really surround sound at all. There are seperate inputs in the back for centre, left, right, etc.

If your actually serious :rofl: , from all the reviews on the net, people say they sound like a clock radio

Kloubek
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah... I actually am. :) They don't truly sound like a clock radio. They ARE real, working stereo systems, but simply don't have anywhere close to the "punch" you'd expect. Or the quality, for that matter. (A lot of them burn out prematurely)

Prolifique
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
http://reviews.ebay.com/Kirsch-Theatre-Research-DiVinci-amp-White-Van-Speakers_W0QQugidZ10000000002467097
Listen to this guy, sounds like he has lots of experience...

It's too bad the business world has become so pirated and dirty..

dj_rice
12-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Yeah... I actually am. :) They don't truly sound like a clock radio. They ARE real, working stereo systems, but simply don't have anywhere close to the "punch" you'd expect. Or the quality, for that matter. (A lot of them burn out prematurely)

Lemme guess, you also sell speakers outta your white van too

02WhiteWs6
12-16-2007, 01:20 AM
The only problem I see is the ridiculous MSRP price. It’s a cheap 5.1 system and if it was sold as a cheap system no one would complain. Someone needs to rethink their marketing strategy. It looks like it would be worth $2-300ish. It certainly can't sound any worse than the JVC one I bought a few years ago at Future shop for $500.00.

I'd buy it for $250 if I had the room, I'm sure it would sound better than the 10w speakers that are built into my tv.

dj_rice
12-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by 02WhiteWs6
The only problem I see is the ridiculous MSRP price. It’s a cheap 5.1 system and if it was sold as a cheap system no one would complain. Someone needs to rethink their marketing strategy. It looks like it would be worth $2-300ish. It certainly can't sound any worse than the JVC one I bought a few years ago at Future shop for $500.00.

I'd buy it for $250 if I had the room, I'm sure it would sound better than the 10w speakers that are built into my tv.

If you read the reviews, and try it out yourself..I'd re-think what you said, worth $2-300...:rofl: :rofl: maybe $20 but thats why white van scammers are still in business, idiots like you

02WhiteWs6
12-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

If you read the reviews, and try it out yourself..I'd re-think what you said, worth $2-300...:rofl: :rofl: maybe $20 but thats why white van scammers are still in business, idiots like you

you'ra white van

oz388
12-16-2007, 01:50 AM
OMG...first time hear this "white van" thing...just one comment to people in this business, there are other ways that make money way easier than driving a "white van"...such as making burgers at Mcdonald's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: