PDA

View Full Version : Tech bubble???

Sailz
12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Not sure if this is a repost but its an interesting video...not that I necessarily agree with whats said.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4fzvQ6I-o

Xtrema
12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
This round is nothing like 2000.

But stock market is a emotional one now so anything can happen. And history WILL repeat itself.

Canmorite
12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Some of the valuations are ridiculous in tech stocks, yet they continue to blast higher.

"This time it's different" is a phrase I hear too much.

Xtrema
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Some of the valuations are ridiculous in tech stocks, yet they continue to blast higher.

"This time it's different" is a phrase I hear too much.

The only difference is, everyone one was in last time. Any IPO with .com get money.

This time is more about blue chip companies throw their money around just in case they missed the NEXT big thing (youtube, facebook, myspace etc). The public isn't much into it, yet.

BigMass
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
i was reading an article where this guy predicted a bull market for another couple of years followed by a crash far worse than in 2000. Nobody can predict what will really happen but it's getting crazy out there again that's for sure.

Canmorite
12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

The only difference is, everyone one was in last time. Any IPO with .com get money.

This time is more about blue chip companies throw their money around just in case they missed the NEXT big thing (youtube, facebook, myspace etc). The public isn't much into it, yet.

When the general public starts day-trading, look out.

rc2002
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
^ Uh-Oh. That's already happened. Everyone I know in every different trade/industry has a portfolio and does trading.

Strong volatility like in today's market has preceded just about every recession in history.

Xtrema
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
There's old saying in HK. When old hags are talking about stocks in the street, time to get out of the market.

Canmorite
12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ Uh-Oh. That's already happened. Everyone I know in every different trade/industry has a portfolio and does trading.

Strong volatility like in today's market has preceded just about every recession in history.

People who trade and have little trading experience in the industry can make everything more volatile, but I wouldn't blame the volatility as of late solely on that. Of course there are a lot of people who are trading and benefit from this volatility, too.

People trading the markets isn't a bad thing, it's when everyone turns into perma-bulls and we get huge moves to the upside. Buy and holders become buy and 'hopers' when things move downwards, only adding to the fall-out later on.