PDA

View Full Version : I need a scrapped 91 Honda Accord

Spoons
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have a 91 Honda Accord around that they don't really need/use. The spring on my hood latch is missing, and I just need a replacement spring for it. I'm not sure how much the hood latches differed through out the year, so if they are the same through out on any Honda that year it would help.

Unless someone else has other ideas. Already phoned a dealership and they only sell the whole latch, and it is 45 dollars... :banghead:

finboy
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
good god, junk yard man, there are tons out there

Spoons
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by finboy
good god, junk yard man, there are tons out there

Phoned most of em, I have to go down and take a look, they don't know if they have one, and just told me to come down. I really do not have time to do this, cause if I am to go down I would have to take time out of my schedule (which is hectic already) and if I go down to find nothing, it would be a huge waste of time. I figured someone might have a parts car or something lying around, and make my look a lot easier. If I can't find anything here, then I will have to take time out to go and look around in a junk yard.

finboy
12-10-2007, 06:23 PM
pick your park always has accords, i'm pretty sure ANY honda hood latch would work.

Deetz
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
He's right, go down to pick n pull, they have lots there, unbolt it 2 bolts that hold it on, probably cost like $2

Not sure why you'd waste you time calling around for such a simple item that can be found so easily and cheaply

Trini
12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
yea dude pick and pull is ur best bet, had some accords last time I was down there

Spoons
12-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Deetz
He's right, go down to pick n pull, they have lots there, unbolt it 2 bolts that hold it on, probably cost like $2

Not sure why you'd waste you time calling around for such a simple item that can be found so easily and cheaply

Like I said, I don't really have time in my schedule to make a drive somewhere, so if I'm to go, I want to make sure that it is there. None the less, found.

:closed: