PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good printer to print on transparencies?

Shift_Perform
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I am a newb with printers as i never really had one, nor looked into them

Anyone know the best printer to print on transparancies and less smudging with the crisp printout

Brand and model would help too!

*does it have to be laser? or can it be ink jet?

Shift_Perform
12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Come ON! need to buy a printer tomorrow! and would like to know tonight!

Wraith
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I had to print out some clear labels for my dad. They make clear labels for inkjet and laser printers so i guess it just depends on if you buy the correct material.

My inkjet printed on these clear labels and i left them to dry overnight and they were still wet, if we bought the labels meant for inkjet printers i guess they would have been fine. We ended up getting a laser printer and it worked perfectly, plus laser printers produce crisper prints and are much quicker (compared my 2year old inkjet anyways).

So i guess what im trying to say is transparencies are made for both inkjet and laser printers. Which type of printer depends on how much/often you plan to print and your budget. I haven't really done the math but i believe laser printers are more cost efficient in the long run as the toner cartridges last for thousands of pages.

toner cartridges - thousands of pages, costly (~$100 for a cartridge)
ink - hundreds of pages (if even), cheaper than cartridges

These are comparisons to my fairly outdated inkjet printer anyways, i'm sure technology has improved.

Anyways, there are some things to think about.

sabad66
12-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Any laser printer should do you fine

stellerGT
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
any laser will be fine, but get laser type tansparencies, you can get them at any stapeles/grand and toy.

suen_boi
12-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Laser printers should do the job. The print won't rub off as easily as ink would.

Shift_Perform
12-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Any recommendations forbrands or specific models?

sabad66
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I have a samsung scx-4100 scanner/copier/printer and I love it