PDA

View Full Version : Rollover on Glenmore tonight

rc2002
12-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Was too slow to snap pics. But there was a silver car rolled over in the construction zone on the bridge going east bound. Anyone see it? It was a silver compact car, looked like a Kia or something. Didn't look like it gave the occupants a chance. I want to know what car it is because I'm goign to make sure not to buy it.

What a pleasant way to waste 45 minutes of my life. :whipped:

eblend
12-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Just got home too and delayed me by about 50 minutes on a sunday night, what a waste.

I drove by, the car was a previous gen mitsu lancer. I thought it was in pretty good shape after a roll over. The front support bars didn't give in, seemed just like a car upside down without too much damage. I guess we will know soon enough if there has been any victums. Only reason something like this could happen I would imaging is someone speading and losing control on a bridge cuz they thought it was not slippery but might have been.

Stupid thing, my 10 minute drive from downtown to home took 1 hour :(

Kona9
12-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I just saw it about 20 mins ago. I was Westbound on Glenmore. I figured I saw a Lancer on its roof. If the occupants did not make it, Glenmore would be shut down completely. There was however a HUGE back log of traffic. Its a bunch of long merge lanes that now only go into one due to the accident. ( just before the bridge)

A positive thing is the very short distance to Rockyview.

Here is to hoping everyone involved makes it, and also that it wasn't some meat ball speeding.

Kona9
12-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Just got home too and delayed me by about 50 minutes on a sunday night, what a waste.

I drove by, the car was a previous gen mitsu lancer. I thought it was in pretty good shape after a roll over. The front support bars didn't give in, seemed just like a car upside down without too much damage. I guess we will know soon enough if there has been any victums. Only reason something like this could happen I would imaging is someone speading and losing control on a bridge cuz they thought it was not slippery but might have been.

Stupid thing, my 10 minute drive from downtown to home took 1 hour :(

Psssst I think it's Monday!

Ditto on the witnessed damage. Looked like it was just rested on its roof.

euro_racer
12-11-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah just saw this too...silver lancer, didnt look too bad of shape. i wonder how something like that could happen? :nut:

eblend
12-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

Psssst I think it's Monday!

hahah, stupid flex days at work! I worked all saturday OT and had Sunday and Today off as a flex day, so I completely forgot its Monday. Tomorrow is my first day of work for the week haha. oopss

RX_EVOLV
12-11-2007, 01:00 AM
yep saw it as well, was stuck in traffic for over 45 min in that little section.. definitly a mitsu.. when I drove by it was already loaded onto a tow truck, doesnt look like it was toooooo bad.. they shouldn't have shut down 3 lanes imo.. maybe 2....

rc2002
12-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Some side curtains would've definitely helped and the front end looked like it was in pretty rough shape too.

It's a 50km/h zone. I doubt you'd be able to flip a car at that speed, even if a tire did blow out. I'm thinking he probably drove up the concrete barrier and then tipped over.