PDA

View Full Version : Credit Report?

G-ZUS
12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I was talking to my friend about these today, he said you can get them free somewhere. Where can I get one for free or paid for?

sabad66
12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
you can mail a form to equifax and get it for free. www.equifax.ca for details

The Cosworth
12-11-2007, 05:54 PM
www.equifax.ca

urban.one
12-11-2007, 06:58 PM
trans union is the other one. google "trans union canada"

the free reports in the mail wont include your credit score.

G-ZUS
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
then what do they show?

Ajay
12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
then what do they show?

They show existing loans, credit cards, lines of credit....etc that you have open and the rating each one carries.

It usually gives you a detailed account saying what your limits are on credit cards and how long they've been active. Good to get the free one every once in awhile just to make sure nothing is coming up that shouldn't be there (i.e. identity theft).

They have one you can pay for on the Equifax website. That one is much more detailed and actually gives you your credit rating.

bituerbo
12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Yep, TransUnion charges $15, a very detailed report which you can access online.

I did it a fewmonths back, will be doing it again in a few months.

Senseiz
12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I believe it was TransUnion.

Applied for an apartment last week.
They pulled my credit record, and it was clean. No records. I looked at it myself too. Stated nothing was found.

Kinda odd since I have 3 credit cards, and a student line of credit...

Not really accurate if you ask me.

urban.one
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Some banks/companies will report to only one credit bureau and not both. However, its unlikely that all the loans/cards/accounts you have wouldnt show up on TU at all.

Most likely theres some kinda of snafu on your account. Order you report from transunion. At the very least now, the apartment rental company should show up as a hard hit on your account.

the report should also show the date their account on you was opened, this should be when the first reportable event happened, and it should show all your previous addresses. something might be wrong so you might want to get to the bottom of it.

Originally posted by Senseiz
I believe it was TransUnion.

Applied for an apartment last week.
They pulled my credit record, and it was clean. No records. I looked at it myself too. Stated nothing was found.

Kinda odd since I have 3 credit cards, and a student line of credit...

Not really accurate if you ask me.

broken_legs
12-13-2007, 12:43 AM
FYI:

Transunion Beacon Score is NOT the score that is used by Canadian Banks ;)

----->The closest thing to your true score will be on Equifax.

I suggest you pony up and spend the extra 15 dollars and look at both.:thumbsup:

The only thing Transunion is good for is looking at all your previous payments. I have gotten both reports and found the Transunion one to have many details about payment history etc.

Splooge
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
i would just pay the $23 at www.equifax.ca that way you can always go online to check what your score is instead of always mailing in something to receive it. :dunno:

G-ZUS
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks guys, I bought both! So far so good

urban.one
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
RBC uses only Transunion.

Originally posted by broken_legs
FYI:

Transunion Beacon Score is NOT the score that is used by Canadian Banks ;)

----->The closest thing to your true score will be on Equifax.

I suggest you pony up and spend the extra 15 dollars and look at both.:thumbsup:

The only thing Transunion is good for is looking at all your previous payments. I have gotten both reports and found the Transunion one to have many details about payment history etc.