PDA

View Full Version : how to back up files

ZC_CIVIC
12-12-2007, 01:00 AM
well its time to redo my computer, but i have never ask or looked into keeping my music off limewire, how do i keep my music from there when i redo the computer like delete vista then put a freash copy on again...because i have like 200 songs and i dont really wanna right the names down and have to redownload them again...and i know there is the option of just burning all to a cd but i dont currently have any...so who can explain to be how to keep the music for when vista is back on again

suen_boi
12-12-2007, 01:15 AM
a) copy them to another computer using a flash drive or network

b) go buy an external hard drive to back up your files onto (expensive and not necessarily the best option)

ZC_CIVIC
12-12-2007, 01:17 AM
no other ways? cant like store them in a back up file somewhere on my computer and it wont get delete or somthing...? cant partition a spot for it or anything?

Thehonger8
12-12-2007, 01:18 AM
You should really go to the store and pick up some DVD's. Cheapest way. Or you can sign up to websites that have online storage.

suen_boi
12-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Sorry, honger's right. Data DVDs work great too.

And no, if you plan on formatting your drive, it won't stay on there very long...

Thehonger8
12-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Or maybe if you have your computer networked to other computers you can just transfer files over to the other computer, and then transfer it back.

GQBalla
12-12-2007, 02:49 AM
dvds for sure.

unless you have another computer layin around like a laptop.

hook up a either a cross over or straight thru cable depending if your nics are newer ones or not and apply static ips for both.

share the folder with all your music and files.

and connect and copy over.