PDA

View Full Version : Tv's with PVR

redx2nv
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Quick question,

I was strolling through visions a week ago and a salesman told me the 42 LG plasma tv has a PVR in it, similar to the shaw HD box and aswell required no HD source. I didn't grab the model #, but is he blowing smoke up my ass on the HD part? IS there any tv available on the market that has a built in HD source that doesnt require a external HD box?

Hash_man
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Shaw has blocked all over the air hi-def content if I remember correctly... so any TV you buy will need an external HD box to get HD content in alberta... maybe canada?... as far as having a PVR in it, I have never heard of such a thing, but who knows.

benyl
12-13-2007, 12:40 AM
TVs with an ATSC tuner require over the air HD content or a cable card. No provider in Canada uses cable card.

redx2nv
12-13-2007, 12:50 AM
So what are some solutions to my situation, im having all my tv's wall mounted in my house im having built, what can i do about a tuner.

benyl
12-13-2007, 09:59 AM
You can get a Bell Expressvu box or a Shaw digital terminal. Those are your choices.

urban.one
12-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Where are you putting the rest of the components for the home theatre?

Get something built into the wall that fits in with the rest of the finishings in the room and has somesort of sliding front that can expose them when you need to use it. Throw the box in there.

Originally posted by redx2nv
So what are some solutions to my situation, im having all my tv's wall mounted in my house im having built, what can i do about a tuner.

SilverGS
12-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv

Thats the thing about wall mounting. unless you have all the cables in behind going through the wall to the corner or some other place where all the other components will set you will have wires hanging from the tv to the components below making it look not as good at it could.

Donmega
12-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Not much you can do other than to customize the wall holding the TV to hide the cables. its a Pain in the ass but done right it'll look extremely sexy haha.

get one of these for underneath.

http://www.jonalexander.com/WM5325d.jpg

http://www.jonalexander.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/WM2519c.JPG

redx2nv
12-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Hmm, haha.. Well, it sucks but i kinda expected that.

Tv doesnt have to have extrodinary picture, after all the wall mounted tv's are in my kitchen in bedroom and 72" plasma for the living room(non wall mounted)

Donmega
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
72" Plasma? That is a freaking huge TV!!:eek: :drool: :drool: