PDA

View Full Version : I got a new ride!!!

Davetronz
07-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Now I am officially broke until I sell the Talon and the Camaro.

I put a deposit on a 1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 today.
- Black with dark grey int.
- 5.2L 318ci V8 Magnum w K&N
- 16" 2001 Dakota Rims with offroad rubber
- pw / pdl / pm / rear slider / cruise / ac / stock fogs / 3" lifts / auto (I am SICK of standard) with overdrive / digital trip(gas) information computer / 4x4 on the fly / alarm / heavy duty suspension package / hidden hitch package / sprayed box liner.

Basically she has the full load minus the CD player and power seats.

W00t I pick her up on Friday ;)

Ben
07-19-2003, 10:49 PM
Nice Buy Pardner!

Davetronz
07-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Yea Thanks Benny.
I decided I wanted something I can haul a quad in, and do some offroadin and have a good old time without fixing DSM stuff all the time.
:D
Plus the mods are VERY numerous with the truck!

Team_Mclaren
07-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Thats a hhhhuge bithch!!!(motor):D
Good luck selling your DSM and Camero:thumbsup:
gotto check out your new truck some time:clap: :clap:

Ekliptix
07-20-2003, 12:13 AM
cool, fun in the winter too

Davetronz
07-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
cool, fun in the winter too
well, I know I can haul a quad in her, although I might get a trailer cus I dont wanna fuck up the body... So hauling a ski-doo might also be a necessity! :D

That.Guy.S30
07-20-2003, 01:38 AM
nice.. finally one of you car guys decide to get a truck and tell ppl about it. i swear there are only like 5 or 6 ppl on here who do have rigs or 4x4's and go offroading.. such a shame what ppl are missing out on

DSM Power
07-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Just saw the 4 sale thread too... well congrats - hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:

ramminghard
07-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by surfertech
nice.. finally one of you car guys decide to get a truck and tell ppl about it. i swear there are only like 5 or 6 ppl on here who do have rigs or 4x4's and go offroading.. such a shame what ppl are missing out on

i love off-roading. Would build one but i am not sure i could afford to keep it running. Off-road trucks take insane beatings and tey break a fair bit.

That.Guy.S30
07-20-2003, 02:48 PM
yea man.. ive spent my fair amount of money tryin to keep up woth my jeep.. but in the end i cant keep up.. shes for sale.. i need to find her a good home.. if i cant sell her.. damn here comes an engine swap, another lift, bigger badder mudders, shocks, different exhaust, gears, throttle body, much much more. we should have a beyond truck meet or somethin

5.9 R/T
07-20-2003, 03:24 PM
You'll have no problem getting a quad in there, and it won't fuck up the body. I did it several times in the R/T, the only concern is the rear window, make sure that sucker is tied town real good. Nice choice!

Davetronz
07-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
You'll have no problem getting a quad in there, and it won't fuck up the body. I did it several times in the R/T, the only concern is the rear window, make sure that sucker is tied town real good. Nice choice!
Do you still have the R/T Matt?
If so is there much for dakota clubs in Calgary?

fast95pony
07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
A while back I had a '79 Blazer (full size), with a 350 ,full time 4X4 , with 33" BFG Mud Terrains on it. Almost every weekend I had it up to the axles in mud,and water all around my feet !
However I was still livimg at home, and my Dad really didn't appreciate 50 lbs of mud in the driveway every Sunday night :D

I also learnt 2 things : 4x4 meant you just got stuck deeper, and never go serious off-roading by yourself (at least without a big-ass winch ) .

Enjoy !!

That.Guy.S30
07-20-2003, 10:15 PM
hah yes.. always have a winch.. thats ur best friend when ur stuck.. i got one.. haha saved my ass 2 times out in maclean lake.. cant spell that place

CLiVE
07-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Good buy, hope you like it. Now you'll really be 4x4ing....

Wildcat
07-20-2003, 11:12 PM
Camaro? whats this noise about a camaro? i didnt know you had a camaro? since when have you had a camaro? camaro, camaro, camaro.... :D :rofl:

btw: nice truck :thumbsup:

CLiVE
07-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
Camaro? whats this noise about a camaro? i didnt know you had a camaro? since when have you had a camaro? camaro, camaro, camaro.... :D :rofl:

btw: nice truck :thumbsup:

he has the special edition "Barney" camaro....
Nice truck, should get about the same gas mileage as your DSM...lol.

Davetronz
07-21-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

he has the special edition "Barney" camaro....
Nice truck, should get about the same gas mileage as your DSM...lol.
LOL 22 MPG in the city apparently.
And yes, the Camaro is... Purple *shudder*

5.9 R/T
07-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by TurboDSM

Do you still have the R/T Matt?
If so is there much for dakota clubs in Calgary?

No it's long gone. There isn't anything for daks in calgary as far as I know. I know there are at least 5 members from the Dakota R/T owner's registry at www.dakotart.com, but I've never seen them post on the message board so I don't think they are active members. The best you could hope for is joining a 4x4 club or a local mopar club.

If your looking for more info on the 318 you can find here:

www.dodgedakotas.com
www.dodgetrucks.org
www.dakota-truck.net (really good, annoying format, but the best information and most knowledgable guys post on the DML)

Look up KRC performance, they have a lot of stuff for the dakota/magnum motors and even if you don't buy from them it's a good place to start to plan your mods and see whats out there.

Good luck!