PDA

View Full Version : Autostart AS-1755 problem

smitty319
12-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi; I just had an Autostart AS-1755 installed in my 1999 Plymouth Voyageur van (automatic) yesterday. Seemed OK at first, but after a couple of remote starts, and stops and starts it started to act up. Now, after a remote start, you put the key in the steering column and turn it to the ON position, as usual. Soon as you step on the brake, so that you can shift into Drive, the engine shuts down and the parking lights flash 4 times. I took it back to the installer, and he told me that was normal! Said it's an anti-theft thing!
Seems VERY STRANGE to me! Never had anything to do with remote starters until yesterday, but I don't understand why you would have to start a vehicle again after you start it remotely. Doesn't make any sense at all to me.
Any ideas as to how to get it to keep running after you step on the brake? No help in the manual; no response by email from Autostart.
Thanks, Patrick

Strugari
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
It sounds like you may not be turning the key far enough. There are 2 clicks that you will feel when you turn the key on.
Try it first without the remoter starter running. You will feel the first click, and the radio will come on, then the second click will turn on the ignition.
Now turn the key off, and start with the remote starter.
Insert the key and turn it to the second click.
Push the brake,
and the car should stay running.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup: