PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Wheel Repair Problems??

J's Racing
12-14-2007, 01:49 PM
2 years ago i took my 17" Konig Verdicts to AWR for repaint and a fix on 1 bent rim.

I was told that the repair and refinish would take 3 weeks.
2 months later, and the end of the summer my wheels were finally done, but there were problems,

1. My rim still was bent and leaked about 25 psi per day, 10 more than it origianlly did.
2. The paint started peeling instantly.
3. Each rim looked a different shade of paint from eachother.

So i took them off again, winter anyway, and he took them in again, this time matching all the paint and repairing the crack or bend this time...so he said.

I got my wheels back months later after i was told it would take 3 weeks and did not have to pay a dime, which impressed the crap outta me.

But, the next spring when i put them on, 2 of my rims were now bent and leaking air like crazy??

How does that happen?

I heard that these guys were the best, and getting my wheels back on a free repair was great service i thought, but now he says my wheels can't be fixed, so i asked him why i now had 2 rims leaking air when it was only 1 to begin with? He said that it was manufacturing errors when they were made?
I told him i never had a problem with the other 3 wheels before and i felt that they had damaged my wheels further.
He said that they did all they could and refused to replace the other rim they bent/ cracked.

Does anybody think that i am wrong, or is Alberta Wheel Repair wrong? Can i take this guy to claims court? I mean they are only Konigs but WTF they still cost over a G when i bought them.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Oh, and i did have the tires remounted numerous times thinking that was the problem, but no.

Team_Mclaren
12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
and you waited 2 years to do anything about it?

Schwa
12-14-2007, 02:25 PM
They're just Konigs. Get new ones.

buh_buh
12-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
They're just Konigs. Get new ones. that's not the point, dumbass :rolleyes: I guess not everyone's a high roller like you and can afford new wheels because "they're just Konigs".

Alberta Wheel Repair from what I've seen and heard sucks. But they were pretty much the only game in town up until recently. Hence them being "the best".

Schwa
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes retard, cuz taking someone to small claims and wasting all this time and money over 2 years is definitely worth it for a set of $600 wheels.

Blow me.

buh_buh
12-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I didn't suggest he take AWR to small claims court. But AWR should be responsible for the damages they did, and reimburse the OP for the wheels.

To some people, $600 is a lot of money, so yeah, it is worth it... retard.

Schwa
12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok let's agree to disagree cuz I don't want a flame war :thumbsup:

icecreamvan
12-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Alberta Wheel Repair from what I've seen and heard sucks. But they were pretty much the only game in town up until recently. Hence them being "the best".

Who else does it? I need some rims fixed.

Proboscis
12-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Alloy Wheel Repair, mobile too! Good guys, dealt with them.
http://www.mobilewheelrepair.com/usa_canada/can_locations_alberta.shtml

20incheyes
12-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Proboscis
Alloy Wheel Repair, mobile too! Good guys, dealt with them.
http://www.mobilewheelrepair.com/usa_canada/can_locations_alberta.shtml
This is the only place to takes wheels to in Calgary, but be prepared for a wait, he has too much business. Luckly I've been dealing with Andrew foir yrs and he accomdates my needs, but even the Porsche dealer needs to plead for him to arrive.

Proboscis
12-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I was amazed what he done on a X5 wheel

rc2002
12-15-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure if it would be worth your time to take this to small claims court. The guy would probably be considered an "expert" since he has so much experience.

It sucks to hear though - it's so much hassle on top of the lost money and time.

If you're looking for replacement wheels, I don't think it'll set you back much since wheels are a LOT cheaper now than they were a couple years ago.

97'Scort
12-15-2007, 01:44 AM
If you're up to Edmonton, check out Wheel Works. They'll do anything you want and they know their stuff VERY well.

funkedelic
12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
alberta wheel repair blows, i had a wheel that had a slight crack and they did the worse job ever repairing it and it cracked again later. I would have bought a new rim but they were rare.

Wouldn't recommend anyone go there, heard other bad stories as well.

adidas
12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Just buy new rims....ur just gonna waist a bunch of time takin this guy to court and ur not gonna get much from it.

Best of luck.

CelicaST-162
12-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Some wheels can be damaged beyond repair, I guess they know what they're doing right? If you need to, take them somewhere else and get a second opinion on them. If it falls on the same verdict, then your answer is clear. I had a good experience with them repairing my bent wheel.

ZC_CIVIC
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
AWR sucks, i had a bent rim that took 8 ounces of weight to balnace so i took it to them to get fixed, then when i went to balance the rim again it was 8 on one side and 6 on the other...they made it worse....never going there again bad service, i ended up going to a place in the lower main land when i was there and they had it fixed up for me and i only needed 3 ounce in total to balance it...so *&$@ AWR

MrSector9
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
regina wheel is cheaper and faster even with shipping the wheels to them, they usually have under 7 day turnaround.

all our wheel repairs go there, done bothering with AWR