PDA

View Full Version : LF: Place to buy Prepaid Visa/Mastercard

AzNxHyDrA
12-15-2007, 02:01 AM
I need to buy something online and I've just currently been a victim of credit fraud so I don't plan on using my credit card online anymore -.- even if I wanted to I'd have to wait for the credit card company to send me new cards. So I'm kind of in a rush to get the prepaid cards and I need a place where I can buy a prepaid and load it with $300-$400 dollars. Any help will be appreciated.

Lucky97
12-15-2007, 03:10 AM
money mart has em

AzNxHyDrA
12-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah I think I've heard about them having it. Thanks for your help

PINOY-X
12-15-2007, 11:40 AM
moneymart or any loan companies should have them

AzNxHyDrA
12-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh um can you still purchase it if you're under 18?

Shift_Perform
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
Oh um can you still purchase it if you're under 18?

ive seen ads for banks... "prepaid student mastercard" and the age is 16...

but im not sure why u have to be 16 when its prepaid...its like a debit for christ sakes

Street_Soldier
12-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Shift_Perform

ive seen ads for banks... "prepaid student mastercard" and the age is 16...

but im not sure why u have to be 16 when its prepaid...its like a debit for christ sakes

can you use a debit card to buy things on the phone/internet?

Shift_Perform
12-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier

can you use a debit card to buy things on the phone/internet?

hmm not usually... unless its online cash transfer.... but not on most sites...u need paypal which is credit card...or get it verified to use money from bank account

Fcuk
12-15-2007, 08:53 PM
money mart has them but becareful the fee is like 23$ for your first time you buy one.

Shift_Perform
12-15-2007, 08:54 PM
one question on the side... can u use a prepaid credit card for hotels or rentals?

Fcuk
12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
you can use prepaid cards pretty much anywhere, just don't forget to activate it after you purchase it from money mart.

Hotel im unsure about because they also need your name for the deposit etc.

Street_Soldier
12-16-2007, 04:06 AM

hmm not usually... unless its online cash transfer.... but not on most sites...u need paypal which is credit card...or get it verified to use money from bank account

i wasn't actually asking a question to anyone. I was asking Shift_Perform if you could. hence he would know the answer to why people would need a credit card. thought i would point that out.

Maddog55
12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
I need to buy something online and I've just currently been a victim of credit fraud so I don't plan on using my credit card online anymore -.- even if I wanted to I'd have to wait for the credit card company to send me new cards. So I'm kind of in a rush to get the prepaid cards and I need a place where I can buy a prepaid and load it with $300-$400 dollars. Any help will be appreciated.

There's many secured CC's out there. Home Trust Visa is one. http://www.hometrust.ca/securedvisa/

The minimum is $1,000 though. (yikes..it was only $500 when I got mine)

After that it works exactly the same as a credit card. They even pay you interest on the depost for as long as you have the card. I had one for years after my bankruptcy. Almost prefer it over a regular card. You can never get yourself into trouble with it. You can load it up however high you like.

I loaded it up with a few grand for our trips to Vegas...everything went onto it, Hotels, airfare, restaurants...etc.

*Edit*

Just saw your "under 18" question. This card is only for adults, seems stupid to me. What do they care how old you are..the card is paid for.. :dunno:

maximus5502
12-16-2007, 02:33 PM
try calling the guys here:
www.stayinschool.org

Ask for Jeremy

mard
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM
one question on the side... can u use a prepaid credit card for hotels or rentals?

Just soo you know YOU CANNOT use Pre-paid Mastercards for Rentals or Hotels.. They wont accept it.. ONLY Major CC..

from Experiance..

But if you get a Pre-paid Visa From what Im told Hotels and Rentals has to take it as a Major Creditcard... I dunno why but Thats what the hotel clerk told me cause apparently she has one ... lol

If I were you it's best for you to try and get a prepaid VISA rather than Mastercard.

Im still In search where I can get aPrepaid Visa.. Anyone know a place in Caglary?

Maddog55
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mard

Just soo you know YOU CANNOT use Pre-paid Mastercards for Rentals or Hotels.. They wont accept it.. ONLY Major CC..

from Experiance..

But if you get a Pre-paid Visa From what Im told Hotels and Rentals has to take it as a Major Creditcard... I dunno why but Thats what the hotel clerk told me cause apparently she has one ... lol

If I were you it's best for you to try and get a prepaid VISA rather than Mastercard.

Im still In search where I can get aPrepaid Visa.. Anyone know a place in Caglary? ---> www.hometrust.ca

Hotels and rentals WILL take a prepaid/secured MC....but the problem lies that they put a hold, usually twice the amount of the room/daily car rate etc, and that stays on for up to a week. So that will often go OVER your prepaid amount, even though you haven't even charged anything yet. This is the same for a secured VISA. Any secured CC works the same as a non secured CC.