PDA

View Full Version : Factory Five Racing GTM supercar

trev0006
12-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Factory Five Racing GTM supercar (http://www.dpccars.com/photos/12-17-07page-Factory-Five-Racing-GTM-supercar.htm)

http://www.dpccars.com/photos/12-17-07-03-Factory-Five-Racing-GTM-supercar.jpg

DUNDEM
12-15-2007, 08:47 PM
That for damn sure ain't no Pininfarina design.....lol.

Graham_A_M
12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Its a fantastic car. It costs between $60-90k to build using a C5 donor car. its awesome, at 2200 pounds, it performs INCREDIBLY well. The guys at Road & Track wouldn't stop raving about this thing.

It would be a nice touch if it came with Lambo doors instead of the conventionally opening doors however...
but at least the car is entirely functional as a budget supercar. A/C, stereo, windows that actually roll up and down, a small "trunk", parking brake, delay windshield wipers.. it sure makes for an awesome daily driver.
And at $70k or so, your not afraid to really give it on the track. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the CF rear wing and light buckets really help.

you should see the K1 attack roadster. it uses interior parts (and the odd other part) from a 1990-1993 Accord, so it costs around $55k to build that one.

skeeter
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
unfortanity you can't bring the GTM into canada yet but from what I understand AL Biex out of Vancouver is working on that, he has done lots of work to be albe to bring in their roadster and their coupe. very nice car and goes like hell to.

Graham_A_M
12-21-2007, 11:43 AM
^ Well it is a kit, so while you can't import a pre-built one, can't you just take an already pre-registered C5 donor car and just build the GTM here while maintaining its Vette title?

ScottysZ
12-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Its a fantastic car. It costs between $60-90k to build using a C5 donor car. its awesome, at 2200 pounds, it performs INCREDIBLY well. The guys at Road & Track wouldn't stop raving about this thing.

As much as I love this thing and think its one of the best racetrack/dd machines around, I wonder how much of their praise for it has to do with the fact that they have a full page Factory Five ad in their magazine every month?

skeeter
12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
bringing in the frame and body sounds easy but transport canada will not let you, there are people who are wortking with T.C. and Factory Five to get these aloud as there MK3 cobras are aloud but with no drivetrain or suspension parts, very complicated.

Graham_A_M
01-03-2008, 01:25 AM
^ so, find the Porsche transaxle and the C5 Z06 donor car privately (meaning locally here in Calgary) and that shouldn't work? Sounds like were meeting the criteria on all angles with that then.:dunno:
Not too sure why the frame itself is a problem as you can register it as a Canadian Z06 before you bring it across the border... which is basically whats needed for legally registering this car anyway.

skeeter
01-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I know it sounds easy that is exactly what I figured to but you have to show when and where you got the frame and body from and I don't have a clue why it really matters as their cobras are good to come in, if you check out ffcobra.com there is lots about it in there in the canadian section, awsome forum and very knowledgable guys that will tell you exactly why you can't bring it in.