PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket Questions

FallenAngel
07-20-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm sure this has all been asked before, but I wanted to ask anyways...

I got a speeding ticket last night for $211 on Memorial Drive, which is normally 80kph but has been dropped to 50kph for construction (i think). I was caught at 84kph.

I'm not arguing that I was speeding, and I actually gave kudos to the cop who pulled me over since his hiding spot was just about perfect. (He was hiding behind a construction barrier meant to block off a lane)

My question is this: If he wrote my old address on the ticket, while I had my new address on both my license and registration, can I challenge the ticket?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

TalonVelocity
07-20-2003, 08:14 AM
im almost positive that ticket is void now.. get another opinion though

Pennzoil GT-R
07-20-2003, 10:11 AM
in this country, if the officer makes a mistake on the ticket of any kind, or does not issue a NIP (notice of intended prosecution) then the ticket is void.

Khyron
07-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Um I 'd check that first - I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of slack given for typos/wrong car make/model/plate/ etc. Where'd he write down your old address from if you have all new stuff?

Khyron

ramminghard
07-20-2003, 10:52 AM
probably had the sticker on the back of the card

Ben
07-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Directly fron the mouth of an RCMP officer this year:

Really the only time a ticket will be quashed (thrown out) is if it is for the wrong date such as January 01st, 2002 (for this year - 2003) or the Court date is wrong. Some members use abbreviations & some add things like the "st" behind "01" etc. These aren't things that are called fatal errors for tickets. When it comes to names & addresses we have to go by what's on the driver's licence or what the violator gives us & it's surprising to see how many errors are on driver's licences

The_1
07-20-2003, 01:28 PM
the same kinda shit happend to me and they sent to a letter to the new adress telling me when i had to pay the ticket

That.Guy.S30
07-20-2003, 02:52 PM
i almmost got caught by those guys yesterday on memorial.. but he waved me off..