PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Rx-7

Boost Infested
07-20-2003, 10:15 AM
i tried to race this purple, blueish (not sure of the color) with multispokes wheels 18s(i think) and racing seats on Macleod tr N. has anyone seen this car? he was too scare to race after i gave him a whoooshhh in second. :rofl: :dunno: :werd: the funny thing is he was reving at me at the lights.

Pennzoil GT-R
07-20-2003, 11:10 AM
an FD declined you a race? must have been totally stock or not wanting to waste fuel.

Boost Infested
07-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
an FD declined you a race? must have been totally stock or not wanting to waste fuel.

not wanting to waste fuel? :rofl: i had to slam on my brakes to get next to him.. and waited in second for a long time. My friend gave him the :thumbsup: :thumbsdow then he turned off. a race is a race who care if you are going win or lose.

rice_eater
07-20-2003, 12:04 PM
yeah...Ask any racer...any REAL racer...it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile! Winning is winning!

finboy
07-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R

:rolleyes:

riiiiiiiiiiiight

Pennzoil GT-R
07-20-2003, 05:34 PM
your car is 243bhp, 294lb/ft right? An FD with small mods shouldnt have much trouble at all.

Pennzoil GT-R
07-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater
yeah...Ask any racer...any REAL racer...it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile! Winning is winning!

you got NAAAAWWWWWWSSSSSS and a stand alone engine management system? :hitit: :rofl:

Maxt
07-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I've never seen that 7 around town ..
I'll Keep an eye out for you Boost infested, you can try your hand against a Turbo II with a few mods...Max

rx7_turbo2
07-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
I've never seen that 7 around town ..
I'll Keep an eye out for you Boost infested, you can try your hand against a Turbo II with a few mods...Max

:rofl:

Boost Infested
07-20-2003, 10:23 PM
for sure, i will give you a go. i am not cutting down those RX-7s, i am just saying if you reved at someone you better race me thats all. i like those FDs, looks like a mini viper.

rx7_turbo2 whats so funny about his post?

BigMass
07-20-2003, 10:23 PM
he might of been having manifold problems from his previous race.

Boost Infested
07-20-2003, 10:29 PM
?? why did he reved at me and not wanting to race? :werd:

Originally posted by BigMass
he might of been having manifold problems from his previous race.

Akagi Redsuns
07-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
....snip

Didn't you see what Max is going to be putting in his car? Maybe a refresher is needed.... http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18524&highlight=turbo

I have to say that the word "few" in that context is the most underated word of the year.... :)

He didn't race you probably because he was looking for a easy kill. Hearing more turbo and BOV noises then usual means that you are a challenge and he could potentially lose. So instead, he wanderes away knowing he didn't lose.

Boost Infested
07-20-2003, 11:36 PM
i sure will give you ago even with your big turbo Max, i am almost done with my fuel system, will try to run 20psi +. like i said before its only a race, you win some, you lose some. dont tease me n' chicken out.

;)

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Didn't you see what Max is going to be putting in his car? Maybe a refresher is needed.... http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18524&highlight=turbo

He didn't race you probably because he was looking for a easy kill. Hearing more turbo and BOV noises then usual means that you are a challenge and he could potentially lose. So instead, he wanderes away knowing he didn't lose.

Maxt
07-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Right now I am running with my "small" turbo on just a streetported motor.. The big one is coming out later this fall..
I actually am looking forward to seeing some faster cars on the street, most of the stuff out there is just a waste of fuel to race, or not even that fun to run against... I have alot of respect for FWD mopars, they are not just all noise and flash, there is a good chance the car is going to be fast, there is a red daytona around that is pretty decent as well...

On Saturday I had a little go with a red civic, I gave him about 8 car head start, then hit 8 psi and passed him with the rear end coming out sideways.. Thats fun to do now and then but it gets old quick..Maxt

rx7_turbo2
07-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

Sorry I did'nt mean any disrespect. I've had my ass handed to me by a couple daytona's, and I am aware of your car.

I had told Max earlier that day to take it easy on the motor because it only has a couple hundered Km's on it and here he is challenging people already, I found that humerous.

4DoorGTZ
07-21-2003, 11:48 PM
That RX7 is babied. He lives across the street from a friend of mine in Cedarbrae... they same guy also has a 70ish chevelle SS.

Wookey
07-24-2003, 08:25 PM
That puprle FD was just bought by one of my aquaintences. Thats why he didn't race. was driving it from Calgary to Edmonton. He was rather excited that he got it though. He did mention that some black dayton revved on him. haha. sweet.