PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Theme park

KuruptEX
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
and u thought United arab emrites had it all man made island to resemble the world and the palms
the worlds tallest man-made structure in the world
6 star hotel and soon under water hotel

but now ferrari is making its own theme park in abu dhabi
called

The Ferrari Theme Park is a branded themed entertainment destination offering a range of 24 themed attractions for the entire family. The 70-metre-high G Force tower is one of the most exciting rides you can enjoy. For the first time, a twin rollercoaster ride allows you and a companion to race against each other. You can go-kart, enjoy rally driving and dune buggies in the theme park. It also offers an 18-screen theatre complex and a multitude of food and beverage outlets.

it is supposed to be made on yas island:

Yas Island (Arabic: جزيرة ياس) is one of the largest natural islands in Abu Dhabi. The island is the site of a $40 billion development project by Aldar Properties. The development will include a retail development, hotels, a leisure complex and a motor racing circuit, which will be used to host the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from 2009 onwards.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Nobody brand-whores quite like Ferrari.

badatusrnames
12-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
and u thought saudi arabia had it all man made island to resemble the world and the palms
the worlds tallest man-made structure in the world
6 star hotel and soon under water hotel

You're thinking of Dubai, not Saudi Arabia... I heard Abu Dhabi was trying to position itself as more of a cultural centre in contrast to the grandiose mega-projects of Dubai.

KuruptEX
12-16-2007, 12:17 AM
lemme rephrase it United arab emrites

Edited*

badatusrnames
12-16-2007, 12:24 AM
It should be Dubai that you refer to in the first sentence. Dubai and Abu Dhabi are two of the seven Emirates that comprise the United Arab Emirates.

It is the Emirate of Dubai that is host to the Palm Islands, World Islands, Burj Dubai, locals that like to rape French teenagers, foreign slave labour, etc.

KuruptEX
12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
im just saying how the emrites has everything and now its
getting a ferrari theme park im not dumb buddy
i know dubai has all the stuff i had listed i have visited dubai
now please stay on topic thank you

Godfuader
12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
http://www.yasisland.ae/FerrariThemePark.php

I am more excited to check this out vs the Burj-Al-Arab.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I would expect something like this to be built in Italy? :dunno:

I understand why they wouldn't put it there, but I'm just saying... patriotism?

KuruptEX
12-16-2007, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I would expect something like this to be built in Italy? :dunno:

who evers pays the most amount of money wins basically

CBRComet
12-16-2007, 05:02 AM
fuck dubai. who cares what they do. small percentage of the population does all this stupid tacky shit.

what stupidity would prompt you to build a ski hill in the desert or an island where there isnt one.

hi im an emirate im rich. my people on the other hand.

akumajack
12-16-2007, 05:29 AM
When you rich you do what eva that true? Well they rich!!!

A790
12-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by akumajack
When you rich you do what eva that true? Well they rich!!!
You fail at English.

I think this is a joke. I know that the vast majority of North American's wouldn't even dream or consider visiting the UAE. Perhaps people that have a middle-eastern decent would, but most people of European or Asian descent would probably rather visit somewhere else.

Just my $0.02 based on my feelings and the feels of people I've spoken with.

infamous
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

no. you see, the reason that ferrari is building there is because the $$$$$....between the princes and crown princes and whatnot, there is huuuuge money there. why do you think that RUF (the famous porsche tuner) is building their next factory in Bahrain? for the same reason. oil riches = sexy car manufacturers building near you = :bigpimp:

dino_martini
12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Nobody brand-whores quite like Ferrari.

:werd: I love Ferrari, but what BerserkerCatSplat says is true. I wonder if Enzo ever thought there would be Ferrari perfume

A790
12-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

:werd: I love Ferrari, but what BerserkerCatSplat says is true. I wonder if Enzo ever thought there would be Ferrari perfume
Ferrari's brand whoring because it's another source of revenue. I'm sure with the cost of gas rising that the sales of Ferrari's fuel-inefficient vehicles is going to decline as those who would have ordinarily splurged may feel inclined to save their money.

Graham_A_M
12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by A790

Ferrari's brand whoring because it's another source of revenue. I'm sure with the cost of gas rising that the sales of Ferrari's fuel-inefficient vehicles is going to decline as those who would have ordinarily splurged may feel inclined to save their money.

I have a sneaking suspicion people that have the money for Ferrari's dont give a pinch of chicken shit about the fuel economy.:thumbsup:

With Ferrari and Lambo, hybrids and fuel effeciency will be the last thing on their mind for many more years to come. Its just not something prospective owners really think about. Just so long as it can do XXX number of kilometers between fill ups, and it doesn't require M9 or M11 race gas for everyday use: those are probably their only fuel related worries about these cars.
If I was looking at a Murc', I dont think I'd make the final decision based upon if it averaged better fuel economy then did a Modena:dunno:

randedge
12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CBRComet
fuck dubai. who cares what they do. small percentage of the population does all this stupid tacky shit.

what stupidity would prompt you to build a ski hill in the desert or an island where there isnt one.

You're suffering from a Fox oriented perception of the Middle East which is largely drawn from a caricature of what was most conducive to gaining public support for the war in Iraq. It is an image meant to portray a suffering population under the leadership of an elite few who enjoy all the resources of their land. And that this suffering few deserves to be liberated by the the US, the benevolent western power.

Unfortunately, you've been lied to...

It's a self flattering, self aggrandizing, and self justifying misrepresentation of the whole region. It's not fair, in short. Really now. Canadians balk when compared to Americans. But quite frankly. We are far closer to Americans, than the UAE (and Dubai) is to the rest of the Middle East Arab world.

I mean, I don't claim to know more, but just reading a simple Wikipedia entry brings up few points.

-the population only numbers 1.4 million. With a GDP of 46 billion US last year, this really makes for large per capita number.

-these 'playgrounds' of the rich that they have is meant to sustain their economy and lifestyle for the coming years post peak oil production. Their leaders are actually farsighted enough to foresee that once oil runs out, they would need something to bring in revenues. Which if you ask me is a lot smarter than what Alberta is doing past an oil economy. If Abu Dhabi is imitating this, then good for them. Forward planning.

-If anyone is suffering, it is their largely imported foreign worker population. You can criticize that, but you'd have to look at our own situation here. Our good economy and good opportunities for citizens born here, leaves a vacuum for the most basic and menial of jobs. So as a result, we have here a huge foreign worker population too. And they're not regarded too highly either. Hell, everytime one of them fucks up and makes the news, beyonders are so ready to condemn their being unable to assimilate and what not.

I dunno.. off topic. I really want to see China become the next superduperpower... For once I'd want to see the 'west' be a backrunner... even though it is the side where I am. I dunno.. maybe just maybe, then some arrogant pricks here suffering from a superiority complex would be humbled...

believe
12-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by CBRComet

i go to school with bunch of people from that area. apparently, everyone that lives there is rich minus the foreigners they hire to do their dirty work. however, these people still make more in dubai than they would in their homelands so, its not all bad i guess...

still, i agree with you to a part...the majority of people from that part of the world have ridiculous attitudes of "i can do whatever i want because i have the money" and to be honest, that attitude really makes people distance themselves from this group

randedge
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by believe

i go to school with bunch of people from that area. apparently, everyone that lives there is rich minus the foreigners they hire to do their dirty work. however, these people still make more in dubai than they would in their homelands so, its not all bad i guess...

still, i agree with you to a part...the majority of people from that part of the world have ridiculous attitudes of "i can do whatever i want because i have the money" and to be honest, that attitude really makes people distance themselves from this group

So, when a rich white oil exec in Calgary buys himself a Viper, a Humvee, or an H2, or any other large esoteric phallus on wheels, it's a reward for himself; he deserves it you say.

But when some foreign darkie does it, he doesn't deserve it? I mean, I dunno... isn't it all the same? Sure it's a far greater scale (playgrounds of the rich vs a car) since they're far far richer, but I contend that in the end, it will be more useful to their emirate and their population once oil runs out moreso than the rolling penises that oil execs here buy themselves.

95EagleAWD
12-16-2007, 01:29 PM

That might explain the 3 year wait to get a new Ferrari.

A790
12-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Well, maybe not. I was just making a comment, I never claimed I was right.

Xamim
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM

Its because Asia, Russia and Middle East are buying up all the cars.

Graham_A_M
12-16-2007, 04:30 PM
^ For Lamborghini its two years. And thats from bumping up production from the LONG time norm of 250cars/year to over a 1000 and climbing ( I forget the actual stats, their in this awesome vid)
http://www.socalspeedzone.com/pages/insidelamborghini.html

Godfuader
12-16-2007, 04:33 PM

You fail at English.

I think this is a joke. I know that the vast majority of North American's wouldn't even dream or consider visiting the UAE. Perhaps people that have a middle-eastern decent would, but most people of European or Asian descent would probably rather visit somewhere else.

Just my $0.02 based on my feelings and the feels of people I've spoken with.

You are joking right? Who do you think makes up the majority of tourists in Dubai? Its the Europeans! Ask anyone who has visited Dubai and they will tell you its a world of its own. Its a global hotspot for travellers. I have never heard negative reviews about Dubai. They have the best of the best of the best in everything. Now, you may hear ignorant people saying that its a war-torn district and there is no safety...but those are the same people who would call the Calgary Tower the greatest tourist attraction since Disney World.

I had a prof who took up a two year work term in Dubai and ended up staying for five years calling it absolutely Heaven. His only reason to come back to Canada was becuase the rest of his family lives here. He also mentioned his family members calling him weekly asking him about the war-torn area hes in, and if his wife and kids are safe in a bunker somewhere. He would have a response like "The kids are at the beach, the wifes out shopping, and Im relaxing under the gazebo enjoying a book in my back yard".

Just adding to randedge's point: Calgary is a city that accepts people driving 6-figure SUVs from their half-million dollar condos downtown, down 5 blocks to their $400/mth heated underground parking while sipping on $7 lattes...and we say, Hey, if they have the money...why not?? :dunno:

badatusrnames
12-17-2007, 12:57 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/pizzler/14yearsindubai.jpg

Khalil.e
12-17-2007, 01:32 AM
And wait till you see it in the next 5-10 years ;)

Nav13
12-17-2007, 01:51 AM
We had a 1 day stop over in Dubai, which was not even close to enough time to even take in a fraction of what Dubai had to offer. The place is unreal, buildings are going up like no other place in the world. Everyone we met, cab drivers, shop owners, all would say come back in 10 years and see what Dubai has to offer. It does suck though the way imigrant workers are treated. I mean if your a high skilled westerner its all good, but the labourers from mainly India and Pakistan are treated like shit. But as it has been said before, atleast they are planing more then 10 years ahead unlike Calgary. Then again I could never really see Calgary as a big tourist destination, our weather sucks ass most of the year, where as Dubai has nice winters and ridiculously hot summers.

badatusrnames
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I heard that 25% of all active construction cranes in the entire world are in Dubai.

Khalil.e
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Roughly 33% currently :burnout:

badatusrnames
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Khalil.e
Roughly 33% currently :burnout:

:eek: :eek: And people complain about construction in Calgary!!

I've heard though that while Dubai is ultra-modern in some aspects, it is completely backwards and unprepared for this type of growth in others. I've heard for example that there no real road planning and no consistent street name system, so to give directions, people have to talk about landmarks instead of street names...

Or for example, in order to get somewhere you may have to do something completely nonsensical, like drive 15 minutes one way in order to pull a u-turn, and then drive 12 minutes back the way you just came in order to get somewhere.

rmk
12-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Xamim

Its because Asia, Russia and Middle East are buying up all the cars.

Which is why Ferrari is debuting a new model in Paris 2008. Codenamed F149. 2+2, 500HP, SL styled metal convert. roof.

My old man was in Dubai late last year and said he has seen nothing like it.

Khalil.e
12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

I've heard though that while Dubai is ultra-modern in some aspects, it is completely backwards and unprepared for this type of growth in others. I've heard for example that there no real road planning and no consistent street name system, so to give directions, people have to talk about landmarks instead of street names...

Or for example, in order to get somewhere you may have to do something completely nonsensical, like drive 15 minutes one way in order to pull a u-turn, and then drive 12 minutes back the way you just came in order to get somewhere.

100% The truth.

The roads in Dubai were planned to handle at most 500,000 cars. Currently there are over 1.5 million vehicles on the roads everyday.

If we missed the turn off for our hotel in Dubai - we would have to drive another 12kms to be able to make a U-turn, and come back to the hotel.

Godfuader
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM

:werd: Dubai has been that way since before the boom. Directions to cabbies were in the forms of landmarks. Basically you tell the driver which part of town you want to be in and then manually direct him to your exact destination. So its common to say "Go to the clock-tower roundabout and head towards the park."

95EagleAWD
12-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by rmk

Which is why Ferrari is debuting a new model in Paris 2008. Codenamed F149. 2+2, 500HP, SL styled metal convert. roof.

My old man was in Dubai late last year and said he has seen nothing like it.

Got a link to that mystery Ferrari?

Godfuader
12-18-2007, 02:26 AM

Got a link to that mystery Ferrari?

There are a few links on Google. Nothing official...but rumors from somewhat reliable sources.

rmk
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

There are a few links on Google. Nothing official...but rumors from somewhat reliable sources.

Some major players over in Europe have already seen renderings and are on the list.

mekeni
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
and there is no such thing as a six-star or seven star hotel, they just totally made that up for marketing purposes...

Big Dangerous
12-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Are you serious dude? That sounds like a fucking Stephen King novel!! :eek: :eek:

Godfuader
05-17-2010, 09:48 AM
BUMP!

_tC2Mgha2c0&feature=player_embedded

I still do not get the purpose...but I will be damned if I dont't get a season pass. :D