PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a new/rebuilt A/C compressor?

Horatio
07-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Hey all. I'm working on installing air conditioning on my '99 Civic. I was hoping to do it today and tomorrow but it turns out the compressor I bought from a '99 SiR doesn't fit. Does anyone know of any rebuilders in town that would have the right one for a '99 Civic?

Thanks,

Greg

Maxt
07-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Try Eskimo Refrigeration, they do alot of auto and tranport refrigeration, if not ARA on manchester can probably help you out..Max

Horatio
07-22-2003, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reply.

As it turns out, I went to Eskimo on Friday looking for O-rings but apparently Honda uses a really weird size so I pretty much struck out there. On another day they might have the stuff I'd need, though and the people there were really helpful.

I asked ARA yesterday about compressors; they gave me a name to try which I did. As it turns out, there don't appear to be ANY rebuilt compressors anywhere around here so I'm off to A-1 today to get a used one. Hopefully it'll do the trick.

Greg

silvercivicsir
07-22-2003, 01:32 PM
to bad a-1 is going to rape you on the price..

Horatio
07-22-2003, 01:40 PM
not really anywhere else I can go at this point; can't afford the time it would take to ship it from elsewhere. :dunno:

Greg