PDA

View Full Version : Need a Good Mortgage Broker

2.2vtec
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
My condo is shortly ready for possession. Please post on here or PM if you are or know of a good mortgage broker.

Rav4Guy
12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
pm'd

will_e_chill
12-21-2007, 11:31 AM
why do you need a mortgage broker?

if you deal with your bank they will likely get you the best mortgage rate. they want to keep your business so they will usually offer you the best rate they can.

unless your credit rating is not that good then i would suggest you just shop around for the best mortgage rate at all the banks.

if you use a mortgage broker you're basically paying a middle man to do the shopping around for you.

Schwa
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
^ Most mortgage brokers are paid by the institutions offering the mortgages, not by the consumer looking for the loan.

Sorry.

250and3
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I got my mortgage through a broker and I'm really glad I did. Firstly, he took the time to explain the different types of mortgages and the options for early payment on each. Plus, he got me a five year fixed rate that was LOWER than the variable rate mortgages. In the end, someone should shop around for your mortgage. It can be you, or you can pay the broker to do it for you.
PM me if you want his contact info.

The_1
12-21-2007, 12:15 PM
use a broker for sure
they will try to get you the best rates
PM D. Dub
He has helped out a few members on here and is great to deal with

will_e_chill
12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
^ Most mortgage brokers are paid by the institutions offering the mortgages, not by the consumer looking for the loan.

Sorry.

No need to apologize. I agree that most mortgage brokers get paid by the institutions offering the mortgage.

However, the borrower is still indirectly paying for the fee even if they aren't cutting a cheque directly to the mortgage broker.

If you have credit issues or your bank isn't treating you well then shop around. You might be able to find a better rate by talking to the bank next door.

If you want the convenience of using a mortgage broker to shop around for you that is fine also.

I just wanted to let people know that the convenience of using a mortgage broker comes with a cost.

Super_Geo
12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
From what I've heard a mortgage broker will get you a better rate than going to the bank yourself. They'll shop around and unless you want to go to a shitload of banks multple times over the course of a week or two I'd say you're better off using a broker.

redline_13000
12-29-2007, 08:29 AM
+ 1 for D. Dub

Maddog55
12-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by will_e_chill

No need to apologize. I agree that most mortgage brokers get paid by the institutions offering the mortgage.

However, the borrower is still indirectly paying for the fee even if they aren't cutting a cheque directly to the mortgage broker.

If you have credit issues or your bank isn't treating you well then shop around. You might be able to find a better rate by talking to the bank next door.

If you want the convenience of using a mortgage broker to shop around for you that is fine also.

I just wanted to let people know that the convenience of using a mortgage broker comes with a cost.

A mortgage broker gets paid by the instituion..and yes that does get passed onto the consumer. But the lender normally gives out a lower rate just for the "business" that the broker is bringing in.

A broker will almost ALWAYS get a lower rate than "joe bloe consumer" phoning around. They have access to lenders that don't even advertise, that the normal person has never even heard of.

The banks are out to make as much money as they can off their customers.

Broker, FTW!!! This guy is local and deals with over 50 different lenders. Canequity.ca (http://www.canequity.com/rates/)

syeve
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by will_e_chill
why do you need a mortgage broker?

if you deal with your bank they will likely get you the best mortgage rate. they want to keep your business so they will usually offer you the best rate they can.

unless your credit rating is not that good then i would suggest you just shop around for the best mortgage rate at all the banks.

if you use a mortgage broker you're basically paying a middle man to do the shopping around for you.

Wow.

BigBearWest
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
+ 1 for D. Dub

+2:thumbsup:

pat6516
01-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi...I just subscribed to this list as of jan 8.
if you are still looking for a good broker, call
John Reid at Executive Mortgage Masters.

I dont have the # handy,but they are on the web
and in the calgary herald...ask for him, but I know
for a fact he is away on vacation til end of jan 2008.

if you can wait, it wd be well worth it!

P.S. NOTE THAT IF YOU GO TO A BANK, THEY WANT YOU
TO BUY T H E I R PRODUCT! IF YOU USE A M. BROKER,
THEY SHOP EVERY BANK/TRUST CO/ ETC IN CANADA.

in 2005, john reid got me prime minus 80, when all
othe lenders, including banks, were not offering it.
my mortgage is STILL 1/2% UNDER prime rate. even
tho I am on a variable rate that floats with the prime rate.

p

A790
01-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Joanne Purcell
(403) 519-1167
[email protected]

An absolutely fantastic broker- she's done wonders for my family! She's very, very good at what she does. I don't think I'll ever deal with anyone else.

PS - No, I'm not related haha.

pat6516
01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
finally found the info for John Reid, mortgage broker
Executive Mortgage Masters, Calgary. He is on vacation
til end of January.

TEL- 818-0594

FAX-286-0231

pat

TDA
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
+1 ... I need one too.. well.. 3.. haha.. anyone got D. Dub's phone #? PM it to me?

simke
01-23-2008, 09:41 AM
hehe I was gonna post the same. I need his phone # or email. I pm'd him two days ago but got no response yet, could he be on vacation or just doesn't check the board too often?

Rav4Guy
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Pm'ed contact information about a mortgage broker I recommend.

gtr34
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I would highly recommend rated_r he's a very good mortgage broker. Good guy too. pm me and I will give you his info or you can pm him yourself.

freshprince1
01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
my borker has been excellent for us, and worked really hard to get the right mortgage for us, we are very happy with him. Pm me for his contact info.

8Ball
01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
http://westerncanadamortgage.com/index.php

Phone: 403.313.0606
Fax: 403.313.2356
Email: [email protected]

Went through this company and have recommended to many friends and family. Every single one of them did far better than they have in the past.

USED1
01-23-2008, 02:29 PM
D.Dub, just PM him and he will get back to you right away. He helped us with our mortgage and couldn't be happier with his service.