PDA

View Full Version : new car damaged!

ppeettee
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I have encountered a problem in purchasing a new car. I would like your opinion on how a damaged and repainted front fender effects the price of a new vehicle. The color is slightly different than the original paint.

Please submit a response to my survey. I am trying to get a general consumer’s opinion. Here is the link:
http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=65xfi1te7juqvi5376748

This is not SPAM. A trial conference judge as asked me to justify my claim amount and I have no other options.

Thanks, Peter.

Kona9
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Smells like SPAM in here and Rage ain't cookin'!

97'Scort
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Nah, more like balogna.

ppeettee
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I know it looks like SPAM, but it's not. I am having a hard time finding a claim amount for my small claims court case against the dealer.

Sharpie
12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Honestly do you know how much it costs to repaint a fender? WAY less than a grand. Also you would be suprised at the amount of new vehicles that are repainted, due to being keyed. Just suck it up its not like you bought a hella nice car.

97'Scort
12-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Honestly do you know how much it costs to repaint a fender? WAY less than a grand. .

For sure. Only cost me $300 to get a new front bumper cover sprayed. It was a perfect colour match from a very good shop. I somehow doubt it had a $700 labour cost to install it. It would take about an hour tops to get that aligned and in, even if the guy charged you for the time he spent in the can while he installed it.

Sharpie
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I like his PM to me

If you buy a brand new car, you should expect it to be NEW. The price of repair has nothing to do with the new car purchase agreement.

Dude sounds like he is going to get some serious money for this :rolleyes: :rofl:

97'Scort
12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok so clarify something for me. You've bought a new car, when you got it home it was beat up, so you spent a grand getting it fixed? I'm not clicking your stupid link, BTW, so spell it out so we aren't getting dicked around with.