PDA

View Full Version : 300zx Question?

T78Supra1
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Okay my Little Cousin Imported a 91 300zx. I know i tried to talk him out of it but what can you do.

He is having a hard time passing the inspection due to the head lights i guess they have to be completely changed. I told him that he had to purchase USD lights. Did any of you guys run into the same problem,? I have a feeling that the USD lights run a different bulb which mean we will have to do some wiring.

Sanj7
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
you dont nessesarily have to completely change th whole headlight. you just need to have them rewired so u have daytime running lights, there are places in town that do it i have had a lot of friends including myself with import cars that had to have it done.. lucky me i got my OOp passd without em. i say just lok around and ask around for shops that will rewire them for u.

badatusrnames
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
He'll probably have to re-aim the headlights as well...

tentacles
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
You can't re-aim it, you need LHD lens.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

Since there are LHD versions of the car you can just buy those and throw them on. Bulbs should have nothing to do with it but I don't know the specifics for the car.

CelicaST-162
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by tentacles
You can't re-aim it, you need LHD lens.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

Since there are LHD versions of the car you can just buy those and throw them on. Bulbs should have nothing to do with it but I don't know the specifics for the car.

Although some JDM USDM headlamp assemblies are the same. Cars such as the Aristo Lexus GS300, both use different bulbs. Aristo-9005 GS300-9006. So yes, be aware you may have to re-wire your headlight connector to the proper fitting bulb if required.

tom_9109
12-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Technically the housing aren't up to code. depends how sticky the place is on if you just need to get the DRL's or i you need to swap out the entire housing too.