PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing 335xi and have a few questions

dimi
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

My mom is looking at buying a 335xi in the next few days and I thought I would ask a few questions.

1. Are there still problems with oil coolers and fuel pumps that have been prone to failing in this car?

2. Does BMW Canada offer European delivery? So far I cannot find anything on their website, while BMW US does offer this option. Are we getting ripped off again?

3. Is this car good in winter? I have been trying to test drive an xi for a while now but all they seem to offer is the RWD version. I will be using winter tires as well.

4. How long does it usually take for the car to arrive if I want to order it from the factory with all the specific options I want. I was told 6-8 weeks but I do not know if the figure is accurate.

If there is anything else I need to know about the car, feel free to comment. THank you!

bobby_lu
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
3. Even the non-X model with winter tires, like other BMW's, with winter tires would be more than a sufficient winter car with DSC and what not. One with X-drive should be even better off.

max_boost
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Go see Malcolm Yuen at BMW Gallery in Crowfoot or contact him here on Beyond 'C4S'. He has sold a lot of bimmers to Beyond members.

benyl
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Hey guys,

Ha Guy!

My mom is looking at buying a 335xi in the next few days and I thought I would ask a few questions.

1. Are there still problems with oil coolers and fuel pumps that have been prone to failing in this car?

Oil coolers only come standard with the sport package. No sport package, no oil cooler. Only late 2007 and really early 2008 models have issues with the fuel pump. I think that it has been fixed now.

2. Does BMW Canada offer European delivery? So far I cannot find anything on their website, while BMW US does offer this option. Are we getting ripped off again?
Pretty sure it is an option, but I don't know that you will save as much as they do in the US. Call BMW Canada and ask.

3. Is this car good in winter? I have been trying to test drive an xi for a while now but all they seem to offer is the RWD version. I will be using winter tires as well.

Don't bother with the Xi. The sport package doesn't lower the car and it looks like a 4x4. With winter tires, the BMW is the Ultimate Snow machine. My 335 should be here in a few days and I got a non Xi. I have an STi with arguably one of the best AWD systems around... The BMW holds it's own.

4. How long does it usually take for the car to arrive if I want to order it from the factory with all the specific options I want. I was told 6-8 weeks but I do not know if the figure is accurate.

2-3 months from the day you order. It take about a month for it to leave the factory and arrive at the dealer. The rest of the time is waiting for a production slot and building the car takes about 1 week.

You can see if there is a car in the system that you can get diverted. There was a car that had all the exact options I wanted headed for Toronto. We got it diverted 3 days before it arrived in Halifax. I ordered the car on Nov 29. Should have it in the next week or so.

If there is anything else I need to know about the car, feel free to comment. THank you!

Make sure you get Comfort Access and 6FL (USB radio integration) as they are non retrofit options. The other of course is I-Drive. But that is an expensive option. CA and 6FL are cheap and you will regret not getting it if you don't. 6FL allows you to play MP3s from USB sticks or your Ipod through a USB port in the armrest. :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

gram
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I have an 07 335i and it's great in the winter...just don't buy Hankook tires....they SUCK......get Perelli snow tires for it...well worth the $

vtec96
12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
um,,,what's the financing rate now? Audi is 1.1%....
I wanna get a 335i, too

Bimmer88
12-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by vtec96
um,,,what's the financing rate now? Audi is 1.1%....
I wanna get a 335i, too

i think their trying to get rid on last years models like the 03 - 06... before the whole new look and it's like 1.9%??

Otherwise I'm guessing your looking at maybe 5%? ball parkin it but check their website maybe??

And another question for you guys... Do you have to have REALLY good credit in order to purchase a Bimmer?? I would imagine so but like what rating would you need? Sorry... it's a newb question but yeh.

In addition, try looking at 2006 Bimmers from Toronto... some have VERY high km's but others are low, and very affordable. Really like most say... they have salt, and blah blah blah but what does a year difference do to a vehicle like that?

And plus once you bring it down here... it's not like it's going to get worst...

FiveFreshFish
12-18-2007, 12:56 PM
You don't need AWD here if you have decent winter tires. I swapped my S4 for an M3 and don't miss AWD at all.

dimi
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Arctic metallic, black interior w/ poplar wood. Disappointing as they said that I will probably have to wait till April to get the car as the orders for January are almost all already made?? Oh well I hope this car is worth the 4 month wait.

Bimmer88
12-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh it will be, can't go wrong.

benyl
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Nothing in the system that is a close match?

dimi
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Nothing in the system that is a close match?

Mother really liked the arctic metallic, which is pretty cool the way it changes shades with lighting. Not too many of those in xi sedan.