PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Help me! Exhaust piping welder

D911
12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
hey,

So today i was driving to work, and while sitting at the light all of a sudden i hear a clink and shit starts rattling like crazy, and something hitting the floor board, and the engine gets louder..

Theres only really one thing under my golf that could possibly do that, and being the smart guy i am i deduct that my exhaust has broken.

anyways, getting home, i look closer, and see that the piping has broke at a weld before muffler and a good 4 feet of piping is just dangling around to do whatever it wants.

Being a huge idiot i decide its a good idea to just cut off the thing from the closest spot possible without it rattling everywhere, whcih is right at the cat.

alright, choppy choppy, i cut it off to my hearts desire. now i go to start the car, OHHH SHIT! bad idea, i forgot about the repricussions of cutting the pipe so far up.

Now this thing is louder than a semi-truck and annoying as fuck!

ANYWAYS, the important part i want to know

I need suggestions on places that can weld in either the old piping back in, or just some new piping for relatively cheap. I dont want to drive ANYWHERE in the cars current state, i literally need earplugs to comfortably drive the car.

ThANKS!

infected
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Eric at Carline on 18th and 11th st.

snowboard
12-18-2007, 12:15 AM
carline foshowwwww
everytime i need something done i go there, fast and cheap. and is usually good welding too.

rc2002
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by D911

I need suggestions on places that can weld in either the old piping back in, or just some new piping for relatively cheap. I dont want to drive ANYWHERE in the cars current state, i literally need earplugs to comfortably drive the car.

ThANKS!

So you want someone to come by your place and weld it up for you? Do you not even want to drive to a muffler shop?

If so, then your best bet might be to take off the pieces you need welded and then head down to a shop.

megavolt
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Just drive it to a shop... people will give you looks but at least you're driving it somewhere to get it fixed.

teggypimp95
12-18-2007, 10:09 AM
George at tune dub. I will never let another place touch my car after taking it there. His work is perfect and his prices are the lowest.

Cooked Rice
12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by snowboard
carline foshowwwww
everytime i need something done i go there, fast and cheap. and is usually good welding too.

:werd:

Schwa
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Would a hose clamp or coupling work? lol.

whiskas
12-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Just get some ear plugs and drive to get it fixed, you might get some funny looks but that's it. They'll hear you coming when you start your car.

403civic
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
if you want a new cat-back, try hottexhaust.com, its free shipping to USA and Canada and mine came within a week and the price is very good too I got mine for under 300 bucks
coupon code: fordtruck8 ;)

D911
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
George at tune dub. I will never let another place touch my car after taking it there. His work is perfect and his prices are the lowest.

Do you know their phone number? I cant seem to find it, i found their address though haha.

edit: nevermind found it! 238-8633

Originally posted by richardchan2002

So you want someone to come by your place and weld it up for you? Do you not even want to drive to a muffler shop?

If so, then your best bet might be to take off the pieces you need welded and then head down to a shop.

I guess the wording i used was a bit off, i dont mind driving somewhere, i just dont want to drive anywhere that i dont need to without the piping in place