PDA

View Full Version : WTB : Digital picture frame.

jeremyn
12-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Looking to pick up a digital picture frame for my mom.
Went to the northland futureshop and best buy today but they didnt have ANY in stock ( of any size). They had one advertised for about 80 bucks but i dont think ill be finding any of those anytime soon.
If anyone has any gently used frames for sale please pm me a price and brief discription. (with original box and receipt if possible) OR if anyone know of any stores that have any in stock please let me know aswell.
Looking to spend around 120$ or less
THanks

ashee
12-18-2007, 01:32 AM
I work for Black's and we haven't been able to keep them in the store, your best bet is to try and get one of the stores to put one on hold for you to pick up right away if they have any.

We get stock Monday and Thursday, we had 20 come in today and they were sold out by 4pm.

For $120 you aren't going to get GREAT quality but there is a 7 inch Fidelity we had for $99.99 that's half decent.
The best frames are the Phillips ones they have wicked picture quality but they start at $150. Stay away from Royal.

lint
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
costco has an 8" for around $130

94SSEi
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Also stay away from Kodak (which was probably th 7" you saw for $80), quality sucks on it and it wouldn't read all my jpegs for some reason.

pf0sh0
12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
best buy has some

~Leah~
12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 94SSEi
Also stay away from Kodak (which was probably th 7" you saw for $80), quality sucks on it and it wouldn't read all my jpegs for some reason.

We just got a Kodak one and I haven't had any quality issues... yet of course. But this one was $219.

Have you tried Office Depot or Staples yet?

tirebob
12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
These things are gold this year... canadian tire has supposedly sold out across the entire province the guy was saying the other day when I went to buy one... I checked every frigging store I could and all were sold out.

toyboy88
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I work at Shoppers, and we had one for $79.99 (it was in the flyer on the weekend - a 7" version one). We had 10 in-stock Sat morning, I sold them in the first hour and a half after open. Buncha more people came in wanting them.

If you want one, I could probably put one aside next time I'm at work if we got our new shipment already...let me know? :dunno:

signature7
12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
just picked one up at blacks in chinook, a 230 one, forget the brand, but they had a few come in shipment today.

and i purchased some off dell, they have yet to come in but they are kodak originally for 200 bucks but i got a discount so they're 100 bucks, they're for friends of mine. Are these good or junk?

Strider
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Walmart at northland has a bunch... $127 for a two pack (different sizes)

mago0
12-19-2007, 12:31 AM
We never thought that these digital picture frames would sell. My boss was telling me that we were going to cancel shipment because prior to 3 weeks ago, we just had too many of these things and no one wanted to buy them.. and now we're sold out at northland futureshop.

jeremyn
12-19-2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10095906&catid=24916&logon=&langid=EN
thats the frame i was originally wanting to get but im having no luck at all finding any. Is this one any good? Just caught my eye because it has a remote lol

Ill probably stop by london drugs or something cuz there really isnt an office depot or staples nearby.
Has anyone seen any at Northland mall recently?

ashee
12-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by jeremyn
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10095906&catid=24916&logon=&langid=EN
thats the frame i was originally wanting to get but im having no luck at all finding any. Is this one any good? Just caught my eye because it has a remote lol

Ill probably stop by london drugs or something cuz there really isnt an office depot or staples nearby.
Has anyone seen any at Northland mall recently?

That frame looks a little iffy especially since I've never heard of the brand.
The zoom feature doesn't sound like a very good idea either....

superboyazn
12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Memoryexpress.. but its $229.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX19393(ME).aspx

Hash_man
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
The Kodak frames are nice, have some of the best LCD's out there as far as picture frames go, and that's part of why they are usually more expensive. The smartparts ones that FS/BB sell are pretty nice too, I've had a 10" for over a year and it has been great.

I know at BB we should be getting more picture frames in for the weekend most likely, but we never get enough on shipments lately.

str8jkt
12-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Anyone know of any stores that have stock right now? Looking for a 4x3 aspect picture frame (preferably 8"). Not looking to spend more then $200 bucks on it though (hopefully more in the $150 range)..

I've picked up a couple 7" frames but they are 16x9 aspect so next to useless as we have way too many vertical pictures we would like to include on the frame that will just be too small with the cropping that will happen.

Good to hear that BestBuy is hopefully getting in some more this weekend.. Was hoping to find one today or tomorrow though to give to my grandma we are visiting this weekend.

Help a guy out who doesn't want to tell grandma she has to wait til the new year for me to ship her present to her!! ;)