PDA

View Full Version : Why was your car keyed?

rc2002
12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I've noticed a lot of keyed cars threads here on Beyond- I'm curious to see if Beyond members experience a higher number of these occurences than average, or if these are actually representative of the number of keyings that happen in this city.

After reading about all these keyings, I'm always paranoid that someone's going to key my car. That's one of the reasons I will never buy a nice brand new car.

teggypimp95
12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
There will always be random acts of Vandalism. Most of them probably for no reason. I would never let things like this stop me from enjoying something like a new car. Thats why there are body shops, and thats why we pay insurance.
IMO dont let assholes around the city get the best of you and make you live your life differently or in fear. You only live once.

LadyLuck
12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
dont think that only nice and brand new cars get keyed.
Ive seen beaters get keyed as well.

BlkMaxima
12-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Where is the my car got keyed because I need to learn how to park option.:cry:

I hate it when people park super close and give me door dings.

The Cosworth
12-18-2007, 10:47 AM
i dropped the soap wand when I was washing my car and it scratched my car, but it kind of looks like a key mark, although I knew I did it

rc2002
12-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
There will always be random acts of Vandalism. Most of them probably for no reason. I would never let things like this stop me from enjoying something like a new car. Thats why there are body shops, and thats why we pay insurance.

There are probably some random acts, but I bet that the majority of keyings are provoked. And most of the time, the victim of the keying probably didn't even know what they did to provoke someone.

The problem with body shops is that your car is never the same after repaint. Nothing comes close to factory paint quality.

Originally posted by Princess*Precid
dont think that only nice and brand new cars get keyed.
Ive seen beaters get keyed as well.

It doesn't hurt as much when it's a beater. In some cases, you actually end up on top if you make an insurance claim.

Originally posted by BlkMaxima
Where is the my car got keyed because I need to learn how to park option

That's a good one too. Mod edit please?

spike98
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Where is the "crazy psyco ex girlfriend when to town on my car with a key because she is mentally unstable" option?

Destinova403
12-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by spike98
Where is the "crazy psyco ex girlfriend when to town on my car with a key because she is mentally unstable" option?

the question is... what did you do to piss her off?

New2Talon
12-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Did her name happen to be Carrie Underwood?

bobby_lu
12-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by New2Talon

Did her name happen to be Carrie Underwood?

LOL :thumbsup:

spike98
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

the question is... what did you do to piss her off?

Try breaking up with her then a week later mackin a chick at the bar and having her friend see it. I only dated her for like 2 weeks before. She is just down right crazy..

Destinova403
12-18-2007, 12:08 PM

Try breaking up with her then a week later mackin a chick at the bar and having her friend see it. I only dated her for like 2 weeks before. She is just down right crazy..

just get a restraining order... thats how i got rid of my ex. its like a bit of paper work... and then you never worry about her again LOL.

Supa Dexta
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I live in edm... :cry:

D'z Nutz
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I live in edm... :cry:

Fuck... I'm sorry man. That's harsh :(

finboy
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
random act :(

Graham_A_M
12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Fucking dumbass neighboors, but considering he stole his own mothers jewerly and pawned it off for drugs, I wasn't surprised, as he'd still do it even today if his parents didn't ban him from their house.

.... and now hes a washed up crackhead...:nut:

I never thought he'd grow up to be the way he did, since was such a nice kid growing up. Then by his early teens things really changed

spike98
12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

just get a restraining order... thats how i got rid of my ex. its like a bit of paper work... and then you never worry about her again LOL.

Done and done :thumbsup:

I did get a whole new paintjob out of it from insurance but it still sucked. There was $2700 worth of damage. The only parts that never got it were the bumpers haha

badatusrnames
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
^^Why didn't you just put her on the hook for paying it? I'm guessing you didn't want to go through the whole hassle of pressing charges for vandalism/property damage?

spike98
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
The detuctable was only $250 and going through small claims and shit would have been a huge hassle. There was no hard evidence that shit did it tho. No prints or witnesses either. She admited it to a mutual friend tho but i doubt that would be enough for our local crappy cops to give a shit. It all worked out i guess tho, she is back with her old boyfriend that beats her.... haha

adidas
12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
some idiot inscribed a word into my passenger door....i have no clue what it says either!

mutha fucker should die!

badatusrnames
12-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah I guess karma is a bitch, even though I wouldn't wish domestic abuse on anyone. It seems that certain types of women always find the need to surround themselves with melodrama, and if there is none conveniently available they will generate their own, they seem to thrive on it. It's sad really to see them put themselves through such a destructive cycle, it's like they are addicted to the emotional highs and lows that come with it. I've learned to stay away from that type the hard way.

But you know that if the genders had been reversed and it was you had done that to her car, the double standard would've gotten the book thrown at you and it would've been taken very seriously by the cops. A woman does it and it's "girl power."

badatusrnames
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by adidas
some idiot inscribed a word into my passenger door....i have no clue what it says either!

mutha fucker should die!

What busts my balls too is when people write "wash me" or something equally idiotic on my car when it's dirty in the winter. Go ahead, rub thousands of particles of sand a dust into my clear coat, I don't mind!

spike98
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Yeah I guess karma is a bitch, even though I wouldn't wish domestic abuse on anyone. It seems that certain types of women always find the need to surround themselves with melodrama, and if there is none conveniently available they will generate it their own, they seem to thrive on it. It's sad really to see them put themselves through such a destructive cycle, it's like they are addicted to the emotional highs and lows that come with it. I've learned to stay away from that type the hard way.

But you know that if the genders had been reversed and it was you had done that to her car, the double standard would've gotten the book thrown at you and it would've been taken very seriously by the cops. A woman does it and it's "girl power."

Very true man, i dont wish anything like abuse on her but on the other hand it serves her right...you reap what you sew...

tirebob
12-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I once new a guy who would key any car where the driver would take up 2 parking spots in a busy parking lot just to make a point that his car was not safe from damage by taking up 2 spots and that he was just an asshole for doing so...

I think he got busted one day and got beat up... lol

whiskas
12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I remember looking at a car for sale and some punks had keyed "I like boners" into the cars trunk lid.

xrayvsn
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
The Lotus got keyed for no good reason other than it is bright orange. There will always be haters, and I still get nervous when I have to leave the car anywhere for any length of time.

Destinova403
12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Yeah I guess karma is a bitch, even though I wouldn't wish domestic abuse on anyone. It seems that certain types of women always find the need to surround themselves with melodrama, and if there is none conveniently available they will generate their own, they seem to thrive on it. It's sad really to see them put themselves through such a destructive cycle, it's like they are addicted to the emotional highs and lows that come with it. I've learned to stay away from that type the hard way.

OMG its my ex... although she didnt try and destroy any of my shit... just showed up at my work and harassed my new girlfriend and showed up at my house and shit... its sad but if im honest i dont give a shit what happens to her.

ashee
12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Hoodlums because my neighbourhood is full of them.
They glued the locks on all of the cars down the street, smashed mirrors off, stole plates and keyed cars.:banghead:

Toms-SC
12-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Step 1 to not getting keyed, don't post pictures of your car on beyond, ever. I'd have no paint left.

canuckcarguy
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
When my wife got her V12 Mercedes, she was keyed down one side the first day we had it, and down the other side the following day. Right on the V12 badge.

We figure the climate nazis came after us. Joke's on them, just imagine the emissions released from repainting the whole car...

ashee
12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Climate nazis haha

HondaRice
12-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
When my wife got her V12 Mercedes, she was keyed down one side the first day we had it, and down the other side the following day. Right on the V12 badge.

We figure the climate nazis came after us. Joke's on them, just imagine the emissions released from repainting the whole car...

probably some jealous chrysler owner. i notice theres a lot of hate in calgary, its a very jealous/competitve city.

hardly anyone wishes others best. its all hate hate hate.

I wonder why. how much mpg does this v12 get?

canuckcarguy
12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually, I'm in Edmonton, but it's the same here.

The gas mileage is crappy, we average about 15 mpg, but she only drives about 100-150 km per week, so it's not that important. On the highway it's better.

The gas mileage sucks, but for less than $20K I got a car that retailed new for well over $125,000, with less than 100,000 km, heated leather seats both front and rear, the legroom of a Suburban, an air-smooth ride, and 410 hp when you want to pass on the highway. How can you beat that?

1-Bar
12-22-2007, 03:51 PM
edit: ^whoa, what a deal!!!

can you put a "I was in the NE" vote in :rofl: On a serious note, my car was keyed in the NE....:(

old&slow
12-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I think the poll should rather say this:
What caused you to key that guys car?
And then give a list of reasons to choose from?

turbo'dGSR
12-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Some bitch keyed my car a long time ago cause of a bar fight... I witnessed it, ran outside and attacked her. :devil:

Sharpie
12-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I honestly couldn't tell you, I bought it that way.