PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy serious?

Moe Man
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-BABY-ON-THE-WAY-1985-lamb-countach-bring-appraiser-W0QQAdIdZ32178570

:rofl:

rc2002
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
car is no replica,, just the body i a one piece lamorgini contach 5000 series,, rivited onto a tube chassy..

has all gm drive train,

and in no way is it a fiero,,,

like driving a go cart lol,,, with a gm chassy...

Such a confusing ad. It contradicts itself all over the place.

forced_eg
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
i know!! whys a black guy in there, what an outrage!! jk, i dont know what all the fuss is about

Moe Man
12-18-2007, 06:13 PM
thats not a black guy :thumbsup:

rmk
12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
what a disgrace.

wjjeeper
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
what a piece of shit.

TomcoPDR
12-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Yo Barbie you wanna ride?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/22af_19.jpg

calgarys_finest
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Offers: 3
$12.00 18-Dec-07
$11.00 14-Dec-07
$1.00 korl 14-Dec-07

hah sweet offers

01RedDX
12-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Jlude
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Got it all wrong TOMCO... he's showin' his piece... bein' all gangsta.

Either that or he's tryin' to give a thumbs up?

Destinova403
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
i think its a replica... :dunno:

12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't really understand the guy but can't help but laugh at the offers.

jbabante
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
it was way better lookin when it was black.

sr20s14zenki
12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
BIIIITCH ARE YOU FO REAL?!!!

SI_futbol
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
i wonder how many honorary english degrees this guy has

its just too good

RORYG
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
it just doesnt look right.

rmk
12-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
i think its a replica... :dunno:

They are both abortions :rofl:

I bid $2.99

Spatz
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
know for fact thats not the only lamb countach in canada if thats even a countach. It also looks like that guys completely destroyed that can inside and out, you just dont mod a car like that:banghead:

01RedDX
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM

88CRXGUY
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Here is the ad...Enjoy

the car has too many features to really tell,, i have had it for 7 years... the interior looks bad.. i am or was in the midst of redoing it,, i have ll new carpet ,racing seats, racing seat belts, gauges, for it .. looks like alot of work but really is'nt ,, as well added feature automatic door openers .. and duel tranny,, standard automatic, b&m shifter.... car is no replica,, just the
body i a one piece lamorgini contach 5000 series,, rivited onto a tube chassy...the hole car is heavey 3500 pounds.. has all gm drive train, new! new fresh yellow paint,, 3.8 olds right now running great, and an extra 350 lt1 ready to install 450 hrp plus....if need be .. best offer takes,,, having a kid,, this is the only one left in canada!!! with authorised 1 picce body from lamborgini,, if you live in calgary i am sure you seen it on the streets or in the world of wheels
a few years back.. this is a registerd lamb contach,, and in no way is it a fiero,,, and can find it if u need vin.... 37inches tall,,, 17.5 feet long, 72.5 inches wide.. like driving a go cart lol,,, with a gm chassy...serious
calls only please

no test piolets, this car does run and drive as is!!!
yes the car was black too.. now its yellow...

rmk
12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
^ Fck aborting the kid, kill the car.

01RedDX
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM

Graham_A_M
12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
That car is an unfinished replica. The interiors are very tricky to be "Dead on" thats why its being sold unfinished.
GM engine, GM drive train on a tube/Gm chassis....

nice try to pull the wool over peoples eyes....
95% chance its registered as a Fiero or something else.

I'd give him about $10-15k for it, given WELL built countach replica's sell for around the $50-95k mark.

Its easy to label it as "not a fiero" since it isn't all things considered, but it was a fiero at some point, and I'll bet with better pics you'd see the Fiero interior switchs and so forth still in tact, including the climate controls.
Most of these cars retain the Fiero engine cradle, and some cheap out and use a stretched Fiero chassis.

The car wasn't finished because he doesn't have the interest/skills/money/resources to finish it.
Thats why its for sale, if he really did want to finish it: he would as by the looks of it, its about $5k (minus labor) to finish it himself.

Lucky97
12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
i think its JDM

rmk
12-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
I'd give him about $10-15k for it, given WELL built countach replica's sell for around the $50-95k mark.

YOU ARE NUTS :nut:

Here was his response to the 2.99 bid:

you need help if you think i would sell my baby lamb for that cheap especially when i spend that on a coffee well you need to learn something when you come into the world everything is not free

Graham_A_M
12-18-2007, 08:34 PM
^ Yeah probably closer to $7-13k. If you check on ebay. Countach replica's in even worse shape sell for more sometimes.
I would never buy one, but thats what I found while browsing ebay.
I've seen some horrendous non-stretched Fiero's, basically just a 2.2L I4 Fiero with a 4spd auto sell for $20k... with some body just strapped onto the frame....

who the hell would pay that? I dont know... and why? I REALLY dont know. But sometimes these countach kits sell for $7k on their own, along with a decent $10k crate engine, it makes sense to buy an unfinished project for $12k as their saving a lot of money and work, then they just complete it and (possibly) re-sell it for $30-45k or so.

like check out this utterly retarded diablo kit for a non-stretched Fiero.
And they still want $4k for it.
So $7k for that guys replica countach isn't a bad deal considering what your getting.:dunno:
http://pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/artero/
^ and that doesn't include the rims.

EDIT: And Lamborghini never authorized any aftermarket company to release "bodies" for any of their cars... Countach, Jalpa, Diablo (etc)
so thats a load of BS right there. :thumbsdow

TomcoPDR
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM

like check out this utterly retarded diablo kit for a non-stretched Fiero.
And they still want $4k for it.
So $7k for that guys replica countach isn't a bad deal considering what your getting.:dunno:
http://pisafierohq.com/rebody_kits/artero/
^ and that doesn't include the rims.

EDIT: And Lamborghini never authorized any aftermarket company to release "bodies" for any of their cars... Countach, Jalpa, Diablo (etc)
so thats a load of BS right there. :thumbsdow

That looks like a Supra more.

:barf:

jbabante
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
it will be a good trade for that $90,000 240sx.

Hakkola
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
If that car is 17.5 feet long, he must be at least 8 feet tall.

Supa Dexta
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
450hp and 3500lbs... schaaweet.. :burnout:

:rofl:

mark4091
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Fission Mailed.

Graham_A_M
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Actually Ferrari will take anybody to court that EVER makes a replica of their cars AND tried to publically sell it. Its one thing to make a Ferrari kit-car, its another to make them in production and sell them. Thats why some people that advertise these Testarossa kit cars advertise them as " Ferr@ari " or such.

Ferrari is violently againest anybody copying their cars. However Lamborghini really doesn't give a shit. They were quoted as saying (in relation to the question: "how do you guys feel about the replicar market thats taking a portion of your market share?"

to that they said; "Those that own the real Lamborghini's know who they are, and they deserve it given their accomplishments.
The ones that drive the replica's know who they are as well, and thus will never experience the full zest or sense of accomplishment of which is Lamborghini, and to that, were not bothered by them"

:thumbsup:

Cool, makes sense to me. When you have guys like this chump that have these glorified stretched and butchered Fiero's, I can appreciate the lack of respect, or the internal feeling of knowing they're merely posers; that they experience, and I can understand Lamborghini's apathy to them in general.

SCHIDER23
12-18-2007, 11:33 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

canuckcarguy
12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Look at that thing. Even if the kits sell for $5K-$10K, at least you're not buying somebody else's failed project. If I wanted a kit car (and I don't) I'd want to start fresh and not have to fix somebody else's mistakes.

I figure it's worth about $5K just as a novelty.

nbaker00
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Someone bid $46,000:rofl:

jdm_jspec
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
lol haha it looks so cheap and not built well at all even for a replica, its like a hotwheels car...

r3cc0s
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Yea, talked to someone at my work who's wife's Boss originally built it

Basically lambo body (we think was written off and re-worked) built on top of a custom tube chassis with a GM 3.8 V6

he then Sold it to some sucker (the dark south east asian dude selling) who is now trying to sell it to re-coup some of the extortionate price he paid for it

lol
poor nammer

TomcoPDR
12-19-2007, 04:56 PM

to that they said; "Those that own the real Lamborghini's know who they are, and they deserve it given their accomplishments.
The ones that drive the replica's know who they are as well, and thus will never experience the full zest or sense of accomplishment of which is Lamborghini, and to that, were not bothered by them"

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: they're in their own league.

Graham_A_M
12-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by r3cc0s
Yea, talked to someone at my work who's wife's Boss originally built it

Basically lambo body (we think was written off and re-worked) built on top of a custom tube chassis with a GM 3.8 V6

he then Sold it to some sucker (the dark south east asian dude selling) who is now trying to sell it to re-coup some of the extortionate price he paid for it

lol
poor nammer

Sounds pretty realistic, the body does look quite true to the original, but.... maybe it was just the choice of paint, but it just doesn't look right.

Why he would buy such a questionable car though, with all this non-lambo parts on it is what blows me away...
"GM engine", "GM tranny" "GM frame"
wouldn't at least SOMEthing send off a few red flags, and that doesn't even include the interior being a total mess.
:confused:

civic2001
12-20-2007, 02:26 AM
damm, the ad was removed from the site,
http://www.lamborghiniblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/lamborghini-countach-lp500-s.jpg
also http://www.bergoiata.org/fe/voiture-roadster-60-80/Lamborghini%20Countach%201.jpg
this is a REAL '85 countach, thats a fairly good replica hes trying to sell, but still its just a replica and itll be tough to sucker someone into buying it as a real lambo

Destinova403
12-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

note the "side vents" on the door dont actually lead anywhere... there is no opening in the body....

i noticed that when i first saw a pic of the car...

that is NOT a real lambo body... its a very good replica... but definately not a real one.

EDIT: it also has completely different side-skirts unless its just a different model or somthing. :dunno: (i dont know lambos very well)

Graham_A_M
12-20-2007, 10:27 PM
^ the disasterous headlights (and the those vents you pointed out) really point out the fact that its a replica.
But not as bad as that cheesy orange countach that makes its way around the NE during the summer:rofl: :rofl:

I remember seeing that at some dealership right in Sunridge a whiles back for $38k. It fooled me for a second, but not half a second more. :thumbsdow :rofl:

Eclipse_Spyder
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
lol, that yellow car i seen it at MPS autosport, the guy was like 5 ft 5 and could barely get into the car himself

funkedelic
12-21-2007, 12:55 AM
i actually work with a guy here in lethbridge that has the exact same thing, its also the same color. Its a fiero/lambo conversion, says he spent over 60k on the thing, and he posted it up at work and he is "willing to give away for $40,000!" LOL everytime i walk by that posting everyday at work i want to laugh

These things are monstrosities, i wouldnt want the car if it was offered to me for $10,000

atomic
12-21-2007, 09:52 AM
i need more hrps

89s1
12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by atomic
i need more hrps

15 ave after dark y0

Rat Fink
12-21-2007, 10:25 AM

TomcoPDR
12-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic

These things are monstrosities, i wouldnt want the car if it was offered to me

I don't even want it, fuckin' embrassing to drive. Only high school pimps would drive shit like this.

atomic
12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

15 ave after dark y0

thanx! :burnout:

Graham_A_M
12-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Well... to shed some light on another point of view about this "idea" of driving/owning a replica.

Lots of people do it, because Lamborghini had absolutely disasterous reliability in the 80's & 90's.

I know a guy out in Toronto that has an '01 6.0. He was on a freeway about two years ago with it when it just lost power and died.... the problem? fried ECU.... the cost? little under $10k after parts and labor.
Can you even imagine blowing that much money on a fucking ECU?, after its Diagnosis, and later its install? Its crazy!!!!

Older Lambo's (specificially the Diablo) were some of the highest maintenence (production) supercars ever to date.
On the 1991 Diablo's, the clutch linkage and engine mounts (which are inter-related due to old, stale unmoveable engine mounts = damaged internal clutch linkage) are consistently problems,
the 1992's had clutch issues, but not as bad as the 1991's had it.

the clutches were grenade-fragile, which pretty much dismissed any "enthusiastic driving" you may want to engage in, as the cost for a new Clutch (COMPLETE I mean.... after parts and labour) amounted to (on average) $23k as this chap experienced at this Lambo dealer in Vancouver, with his 1991. And thats merely a 2wd. Lord knows what a 4wd (1994+up) would have caused.

I can earnestly understand why people just throw in the towel and say "fuck it"; and go buy a replica.
As "horrendous" as some of these cars may be, at least they start when the owner wants them to start, and they get them from point A to B without emptying their wallet on preposterous maintenence costs.
I'm not standing up for these people per se', but I can understand that spending $60k on a replica (thats actually DRIVABLE) makes a lot more sense then spending $110k on the real deal that just sits in the garage looking good to your friends when they come over..... which is VERY common amongst most Lambo owners that own Countach's & Diablos.

The new Gallardo's & Murcielago's are quite reliable though, about half of what the diablo's used to cost in maintenence.
:dunno:

canuckcarguy
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Okay, those are all perfectly good reasons not to buy a Lamborghini in the first place, but then why not just buy a different car? Say, a Corvette, or a Porsche, or BMW, or, if you're into exotics, the more reliable Ferrari? or an NSX? Why spend $60K on a modded Fiero?

People might want the image of driving an exotic car, but buying a replica means you run the risk of total mockery when anybody notices... hence the complete disdain for the seller of this replica as reflected throughout this thread. He'd have better image taking the bus.

If you appreciate the performance and styling of a particular car, buy it with your eyes open in terms of maintenance costs. If, for whatever reason, you can't afford or justify the maintenance, buy something else.

Graham_A_M
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
^ I think you said it best about wanting to "show off" but without the means of being able to properly do it. In a previous post in this thread I mentioned lamborghini's attitude about those people, and I think thats pretty commonly held towards most people.

Some people buy replica's because if (lets say) their DREAM car was a old Porsche Speeder from the early 60's, as much of an icon as that car was: its availability is pretty much non-existant. Same with the old Shelby Cobra's or the late 60s'.
Both cars are just legends, but I've never seen an ORIGINAL Cobra for sale, and I think the only Speedster that graced the Barrett Jackson auction went for around $300k I believe (but dont hold me to that)

www.factoryfive.com
^ Many of the cars they make replicas of aren't available to the public, and if they are, their hundreds of thousands of dollars: meaning no fool short of a multi-millionaire has the means of owning or driving these things, leave alone enthusiastically on a track with other car nuts.
And its ^ THOSE people that replica's were essentially created. However these horrendous stretched/butchered Fiero based Lambo/Ferrari (etc) knock-offs can't perform at all... in fact with the heavily modified suspension geometry, the ride re-defies rough and brash, along with HORRID cornering capabilities....hense this particular yellow countach knock-off.

To me the tasteful replica's (this is merely an example) are the fiberglass bodied 1928-34 Fords (which even unrestored complete orginal specimens sell for $15k most times).. or these old Willy's Coupes and trucks that are about as rare as you can find of cars in that era.
Or other damn near impossible to find cars such as these vintage race-edition Ferrari's that only made it to a VERY small handful of collectors originally.....
but Replica's in these stances are TRUE replica's, meaning part for part frame wise, but perhaps with a more up to date (reliable)engine such as an LS1 or whatever. So these replica's could hold the candle to the originals, but with readily available parts & excellent reliability. Which is quite appealing in compairison to some grenade fragile 1966 Ferrari V12 with 12 prehistoric Weber carbs that all need to be calibrated in sync... otherwise it'll run like shit. :nut: .... you know? Give me an LS2 powered EXACT replica of that car ANYDAY over that nightmare, and for 1/5th the price.
^ I can respect that, in fact if I had more of an interest in vintage cars, I'd definately go that route without question.

But then you have guys like this that give that whole replica market a bad name:dunno:

canuckcarguy
12-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Yep, I agree. I'd be all over a cobra replica, or there were some cool VW-based replicas of old Morris's and Jaguars that didn't pretend to be the original, but were just imitations - sort of like having a Van Gogh print in your house. But pretending that you can plunk a body-kit on a Fiero, build an interior out of plywood and indoor/outdoor carpet, and have yourself a supercar, is just silly.