PDA

View Full Version : Teen Cancer Victim gets "overhauled"

Maddog55
12-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Nice Story in the Sun:

Teen gets car overhauled (http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2007/12/18/4730944.html)

just one teensy weensy reporting error.......
his 1985 Pontiac Camaro...?? :rofl:

dj_rice
12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Are there any pics of his ride?

A790
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I hope he doesn't crash it (that'd be so sad).

01RedDX
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM

sr20s14zenki
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Pontiac Camaro....LOL!!!
mixup a bit?

A790
12-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
^ is that supposed to be a joke?
No?

EDIT: Why? Are you going to go "Why would you say that he has CANCER?" on me? Sweet, he has cancer, I'm sorry that he does, I hope he gets better. Now, DON'T CRASH THE FUCKING CAR as it would be SAD and SICK.

scat19
12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Just the wrong thing to say in this thread.

But I think I know where you are coming from, you hope after all the money put into it it doesnt get wrecked being his first car and he is new to driving, i think?

01RedDX
12-18-2007, 10:39 PM

Spoons
12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Don't turn this into "another" beyond thread. I don't care if you have something to say about that remark, just let it be.

Thats awesome dude. If anyone deserves it more it would be that kid. Leukemia is pretty harsh and life is rough when you have it (really good family friend suffers from it). The misspell was hilarious though.

mugen6
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
the kid deserved it ..... all that he wished for was just to get the car painted. but he also got customized interior. rims and from the sponsors of cmp classic. the car was dope. would have also changed the engine on it. ..... but just for the liability reasons.

Spoons
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by mugen6
the kid deserved it ..... all that he wished for was just to get the car painted. but he also got customized interior. rims and from the sponsors of cmp classic. the car was dope. would have also changed the engine on it. ..... but just for the liability reasons.

They must of changed the engine on it, or rebuilt it. I mean you have this awesome looking car, they arn't going to let it run like crap.

Graham_A_M
12-19-2007, 12:56 AM
COOL! nice to see CMP classic doing something good for a change. I hated that dealership, and will never go back.

When I was 19, I had a '85 Camaro. It handled unbelievabley well, quite fast for a 2.8L V6 too. I was very impressed.
But the last owner did some morotic electrical "mods", and all the wipers & lights worked sparatically thanks to some ratty switches on the dash, so I later decided to get rid of it since non-working wipers + rain storms = some really scary times. :thumbsdow

Too bad. Good to see that kid is so happy now:thumbsup:

Sharpie
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

They must of changed the engine on it, or rebuilt it. I mean you have this awesome looking car, they arn't going to let it run like crap.
*cough* pimp my ride *cough*

But that is good on CMP for doing that...

Spoons
12-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

*cough* pimp my ride *cough*

But that is good on CMP for doing that...

Not true pimp my ride replaced one motor, I am certain on that.

mugen6
12-19-2007, 08:15 AM
i worked on the interior so i know what was done to the car ..... it was yeah pratically pimp my ride CMP version . haha

A790
12-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by scat19
But I think I know where you are coming from, you hope after all the money put into it it doesnt get wrecked being his first car and he is new to driving, i think?
No, I hope that after being one in a million kids that has his wish granted that he doesn't take it for granted and ruin the car. He got something other kids are literally dying for, and while his condition is unfortunate, that doesn't mean that he can take advantage of the car and the fact that he got it done for free. The amount of money is irrelevant, it's the chance and the opportunity that's valuable here.

So, in other words, he had something great happen to him. Hopefully he can respect that and treat the car like gold. I know I sure as hell would- it'd be the one thing that'd remind me that the rest of the world DOES care about what's going on and the LEAST I could do is not destroy it.

Spoons
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by A790

No, I hope that after being one in a million kids that has his wish granted that he doesn't take it for granted and ruin the car. He got something other kids are literally dying for, and while his condition is unfortunate, that doesn't mean that he can take advantage of the car and the fact that he got it done for free. The amount of money is irrelevant, it's the chance and the opportunity that's valuable here.

So, in other words, he had something great happen to him. Hopefully he can respect that and treat the car like gold. I know I sure as hell would- it'd be the one thing that'd remind me that the rest of the world DOES care about what's going on and the LEAST I could do is not destroy it.

I am pretty sure that battling leukemia teaches you pretty good things in not taking things for granted, I am pretty sure he has more to worry about than seeing what his car can do. None the less, drop it.

A790
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM

I am pretty sure that battling leukemia teaches you pretty good things in not taking things for granted, I am pretty sure he has more to worry about than seeing what his car can do. None the less, drop it.
fine.

dj_rice
12-19-2007, 07:24 PM
At least it was written correct in the paper Calgary Sun...:thumbsup:

jsn
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
wanted to see pics of the car:(

mugen6
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
heres one .....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj304/mugen6/IMAG0003.jpg

black13
12-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Looks pretty sweet actually. Good for him but yeah if he crashed that it would be a hell of a burn. Might as well keep it as a show car.

reiRei
12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
At least it was written correct in the paper Calgary Sun...:thumbsup:

I spotted it :D and told the guys to fix it.. pff.. pontiac camaro...

if you live in the outskirts of town, you probably have the crappy version with the pontiac in it

projekz
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Pimp my ride usualy does that...:rofl: :rofl:

blueripper6
12-24-2007, 12:27 AM
The car is sick now. I Know the kid I have been friends with his older brother for a long time, I saw the car the other day. The engine was just tuned up for reliability, this car is definitly pimp :D Interior is slick, suede :D The only thing they should have done is put the stripes on the roof too!!

If anyone deserves it, its him, one brave fucking kid, 3rd time being diagnosed :cry: