PDA

View Full Version : More rants and rumors about the Lexus LF-A.. Did it break the Nurburghring record?

Redlyne_mr2
12-20-2007, 02:02 AM
If Japanese magazine Holiday Auto is to be believed, the Lexus LF-A has put in a dominant performance on Nürburgring, lapping the track in 7:24. If true, it would make the LF-A the fastest production car to run the ring.

This comes on the heels of Pagani Zonda F setting the record in October of this year, with a 7:27:82 lap, which bested the Porsche Carrera GT by just two tenths of a second.

A very impressive feat, but it’s going to take something a little more official before I believe it.

http://thepassionatepursuit.com/images/weblog/07-12-19-lexus-lf-a.jpg

As for when the Lexus LF-A will appear in dealerships, the company hasn’t set an exact date yet.

But Lexus insiders suggest the car’s on-sale date has been delayed while the company fine-tunes everything from styling to performance.

It’s believed Lexus is targeting a top speed for the LF-A of 350km/h, ensuring it’s viewed as a serious supercar contender against more fancied brands such as Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini.

Currently, overseas reports have the LF-A nudging 330km/h, which is apparently not good enough for Lexus engineers.

Development cars spotted testing at the Nurburgring track in Germany also show a car with a high-mounted rear wing, suggesting the LF-A could be fitted with a retractable rear wing that rises at higher speeds and sinks into the boot at city speeds.

civic2001
12-20-2007, 02:10 AM
that car looks amazing, aside from the ghey exhaust. All of these intense supercar's coming out in the next couple years should make things interesting!

jdm_eg6
12-20-2007, 02:55 AM
the exhaust is tight, quite a contemporary feel to the car.

Hash_man
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
That seems kinda nuts 7:24 vs the zonda at 3 seconds slower... if it is true then props to Toyota, cuz that would be unreal.

And I think the car looks great... Can't wait to see one on the road.

Eleanor
12-20-2007, 12:44 PM
LF-A, GT-R, NSX... Yay for japanese super cars! Now all we need are some more affordable sports cars ala 240sx & mr2

BerserkerCatSplat
12-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Yuck, exhaust styling by BreastBug.

Tik-Tok
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
BreastBug.

For the love of god, please don't ever mention that word again.:cry:

teggypimp95
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Knowning lexus only one of those exhuast holes it actully connected.

blownz
12-20-2007, 05:16 PM
^ or none, like the gay looking ones on the IS-F lol

herragge
12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
A losing team in F1 helped create this? Impressive. I don't think I can believe the lap time though, that is quick for a car that isn't even finished yet.

Redlyne_mr2
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by blownz
^ or none, like the gay looking ones on the IS-F lol
Umm theyre all connected

blownz
12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Well I admit I haven't actually checked it out myself, but according to this video they are not connected:

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-29-07page-2008-Lexus-IS-F-Road-Test.htm

Around 3 minutes it says they are just for looks and aren't connected to anything. And they do look gay. lol

treg50
12-21-2007, 11:07 AM
IF-A: Sounds like it's going to put down some good numbers. Yeah, I'm not crazy about that tailpipe setup either.

IS-F: The whole "the tailpipes are not connected" rumour is old-news/ weak hater BS. The latest news is that the tailpipes will be connected, why the hell wouldn't they be? lol. They were not connected in the pre-production model. Try again to hate.

I think most of us will have to get use to seeing this view of the IS-F getting smaller as it pulls away, sexy tailpipe design and all.
:drool:

http://www.sliik.com/rndom/isf.jpg

R-Audi
12-21-2007, 01:22 PM
The report I saw said they weren't connected either... simply just fo' dec-o-ra-shun!

One might think if they beat the Ring record.. it would be made public... thats a pretty big feat!
I still think both are fugly.....

Canmorite
12-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I somehow doubt it beat the Zonda F's time.

BigMass
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
I somehow doubt it beat the Zonda F's time.
I agree, total BS. But maybe they did it with just a chasis and engine. Now they have to stick another 1500 lbs worth of interior into the car which will drop the time to M3 level IF they're lucky lol

Hakkola
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

I agree, total BS. But maybe they did it with just a chasis and engine. Now they have to stick another 1500 lbs worth of interior into the car which will drop the time to M3 level IF they're lucky lol

Exactly what I was thinking, it is a test mule, so it was bare bones. I doubt the production car will be as much of a monster, though it will still be a great car.

Impressive time, but meaningless.

spyce
12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
there were some earlier reports saying that the exhausts were not actually connected to those tips
i read somewhere that it was confirmed those were for just the preproduction models that car magazines were testing

the production models will have the exhausts actually connected to the tips (although the tips will still remain part of the bumper) but there wont be the misaligned gap like before and will look all one piece

i hope that made sense:dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
01-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by blownz
Well I admit I haven't actually checked it out myself, but according to this video they are not connected:

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/11-29-07page-2008-Lexus-IS-F-Road-Test.htm

Around 3 minutes it says they are just for looks and aren't connected to anything. And they do look gay. lol
That was a preproduction model that they were using and on the preproduction they were not connected. They will be connected for the production model however. The editors who did the review are idiots to think Lexus would produce a car like that.

It will be much more of a car than the m3 lol, leave the m3 to the ISF, the LF-A production has been delayed mainly because Lexus wants the top speed to surpass 350kmhr 220mph mark.

mark4091
01-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Doubt it beat the Zonda.