PDA

View Full Version : Prerequisites

TVG
12-20-2007, 02:23 AM
I just finished up the programming 1 course, and it was a joke. I knew everything before I took the course. I did really like the prof though, and found out he is teaching a systems programming course next semester. That course requires programming 2. Now, just trust me here, I really don't need to take that programming 2 course. If I register in the systems programming course will anyone notice I don't have the prerequisite? What would happen?

GTS Jeff
12-20-2007, 03:09 AM
You just won't get credit for that course.

JordanAndrew
12-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Why not challenge the course?

turbotrip
12-20-2007, 04:25 AM
i dont think u can register without the prerequisites, but even if u can u should just get a prerequisite waiver form signed and u dont have to worry about taking the previous course

TVG
01-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Ahh I see. The system let me register, but I got an email a couple days later mentioning the prerequisite. I will check out getting that waiver signed.

r0g3r
01-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Why not challenge the course?

just wondering, how does that work anyways? is it like writing the final? what if you fail? do you fail the course automatically or get to continue along with the students who didn't challenge the course?

topmade
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
If programming 1 was a joke, just challenge programming 2, it's easy credit's that way. Or if you don't need/want the credits, just get the waiver.

Originally posted by r0g3r

just wondering, how does that work anyways? is it like writing the final? what if you fail? do you fail the course automatically or get to continue along with the students who didn't challenge the course?

Yeah you basically write a final and have to get like 80% or better. If you fail, nothing happens and you don't get a F for the course, but you can only challenge so many times before they make you take it. If you pass I believe you get a K or something like that so they know you passed it by challenging and didn't take it.