PDA

View Full Version : Gift for middle-aged/older Asian woman

urban.one
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
I usually give gifts to most people I deal with throughout the year. This normally means a lot of booze and wine.

Not sure what to give the woman at the dry cleaner -older asian woman who appears newer to Canada. Not sure if booze or chocolate would be ideal. Any serious ideas?

kaput
12-20-2007, 09:19 AM

vietdood
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
money in red envelope

Redlyne_mr2
12-20-2007, 11:04 AM
get her a manwhore :D ...........or flowers. Red pockets are supposed to come from elders, not from someone younger..

jdmakkord
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Drivers Ed.

Dave P
12-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Drivers Ed.

hahaha if i could rep you i would.

halarious

DonJuan
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Drivers Ed.

OMG! THAT WHAT I WAS THINKING!!! LOL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gmoney82
12-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
get her a manwhore

haha..made me laugh out loud at work
.just get her a gc to a chinese bakery..those are safe

cdnsir
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Boxed candies will be fine. We exchange X'mas family gifts like that all the time. Sometimes we even receive a boxes of Mandarin oranges!

After all, it's just a little thankful gift... I'm assuming ur not working on banging her here...

finboy
12-20-2007, 12:01 PM
gucci _______

fill in the blank with anything:thumbsup: :rofl:

van
12-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Get her a Canada sweatshirt! Or Leo.

analbumcover
12-20-2007, 12:23 PM
holy fuck DRIVERS ED!!! hahahaha

clem24
12-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by cdnsir
Boxed candies will be fine. We exchange X'mas family gifts like that all the time. Sometimes we even receive a boxes of Mandarin oranges!

Do you know what happens to boxed candies gifted to older Asians? They just get re-gifted. Older Asians hate sweets. Especially North American sweets that are 500 times sweeter than Asian sweets. I hate getting chocolates and candies.

Honestly, I hate the Asian gift giving thing. They want to save face or something retarded and when you give them a gift, it's like "oh no you don't have to. no I can't take this. It's ok. No go take it back. MMM Sai La." blah blah blah. It's so STOOOOPID. I think I've even been in a situation where the receiving party actually refused the gift!!! WTF!!! Just say thank you and accept for gawd's sake.

Seriously... In an Asians mind, when they receive a gift, it's not "Oh wow, how thoughtful, this is the best person ever!!!". It's more "OH FUCK... I can't believe they bought me something. Now I have to go out and buy THEM a fucking gift. Why did they have to buy me some useless piece of shit. Now this is going to go on every god damn year. I don't want your stupid gift. There better be a gift receipt in there so I can return this shit."

/end rant

Love the driver's ed. :rofl: But I don't think that does shit. They'll drive like crap regardless.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Seriously... In an Asians mind, when they receive a gift, it's not "Oh wow, how thoughtful, this is the best person ever!!!". It's more "OH FUCK... I can't believe they bought me something. Now I have to go out and buy THEM a fucking gift. Why did they have to buy me some useless piece of shit. Now this is going to go on every god damn year. I don't want your stupid gift. There better be a gift receipt in there so I can return this shit."

Well, shit, looks like I'm not getting you anything for Christmas then. :rofl:

topmade
12-20-2007, 01:08 PM

Do you know what happens to boxed candies gifted to older Asians? They just get re-gifted. Older Asians hate sweets. Especially North American sweets that are 500 times sweeter than Asian sweets. I hate getting chocolates and candies.

Honestly, I hate the Asian gift giving thing. They want to save face or something retarded and when you give them a gift, it's like "oh no you don't have to. no I can't take this. It's ok. No go take it back. MMM Sai La." blah blah blah. It's so STOOOOPID. I think I've even been in a situation where the receiving party actually refused the gift!!! WTF!!! Just say thank you and accept for gawd's sake.

/end rant

Love the driver's ed. :rofl: But I don't think that does shit. They'll drive like crap regardless.

:rofl: :rofl: This the bang on to what I was thinking, especially the part "OH FUCK... I can't believe they bought me something. Now I have to go out and buy THEM a fucking gift"

wardpr68
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Drivers Ed.

agreed. x10000

BlkMaxima
12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
How would drivers ed help her?

Most Drivers ed instructors I see around Calgary are Asian anyways lol.

jdmakkord
12-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

Come on now, its the thought that counts.:D

nj2Type-S
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima

haha, yeah, my driving instructor when i first started driving was chinese. when we were driving in downtown, he made me turn into this one way street...against the flow of traffic, lol.

clem24
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

haha, yeah, my driving instructor when i first started driving was chinese. when we were driving in downtown, he made me turn into this one way street...against the flow of traffic, lol.

Did he teach you the mandatory double parking and triple parking? And be on the lookout for parking patrol? Because us Asians are too damn cheap to pay for the stupid meter? And turning into the furthest lane available, instead of the first available lane? And did you try parallel parking on any available space on the sidewalk in Chinatown?

clem24
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Well, shit, looks like I'm not getting you anything for Christmas then. :rofl:

Damn I didn't know I was getting something from you! Shit, that means I'll have to get you a fucking gift. :banghead:

Street_Soldier
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Designer handbags, designer sunglasses and diamonds.

SigmaRacing
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
A "fortune cat" statue from one of those gift shops. You know, the gold painted ones with the paw up? Great for any asian that has a business. :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
- Sign her immigration papers (guarantor or something like that)
- Buy lunch for the dry cleaning place
- Winter car safety packs from Canadian Tire $29.99 or something
- Snowbrush, windshield fluid, tire pressure gauge, booster cables (you will be supplies, I mean surprise how many women, or Asian women don't have basic winter car stuff)
- Coat hangers
- A comfortable step pad (dry cleaners stand of their feet all day, and I'm GUESSING she's under 5'3", so she'll probably tip-toeing on the press machines)

And if you get her eatable stuff (chocolate, cookies, etc...) she'll probably either re-gift (like most mention), or leave it up front for customers to eat. Which means she probably won't remember YOU got her the gift. (ar, just another box of chocolate/cookie/almond/Baliey's candy)

Donmega
12-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Leo's Phone number.....in a red envelope :)

nikka
12-20-2007, 09:24 PM
glasses?

mark4091
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM

/end rant

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh god lmfao.

jay42w8
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Oranges...they are very rare and expensive in their country.

TVG
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I have to buy a gift for my Dad's new azn girlfriend. I have no idea what to get. I don't want to get stabbed. Please advise. :dunno:

bobby_lu
12-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

:rofl: :rofl: lol if you are refering to what I think you are...

szw
12-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8

lol nice one

jay42w8
12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
^ its just from a Seinfeld episode lol for those of yall old enough to remember from back in 98 :thumbsup:

blaqguy
12-24-2007, 12:31 AM
nigga, get her a geisha and call it a day

max_boost
12-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
get her a manwhore :D ...........or flowers. Red pockets are supposed to come from elders, not from someone younger..

Drivers Ed.

Originally posted by defekt1
Get her a Canada sweatshirt! Or Leo.

LOL

What's really funny is, LUDELVR use to teach driver's ed way back in the day. hahaha:thumbsup: :rofl: