PDA

View Full Version : Teens charged in Mortal Kombat killing

anarchy
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Brutal:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/20/mortal.kombat.ap/index.html

JOHNSTOWN, Colorado (AP) -- Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Heather Trujillo, 16, in charged in the beating death of her half-sister, Zoe Garcia, 7.

1 of 2 Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

According to a police affidavit, the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on December 6 while the girl's mother was at work.

Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Margie Martinez said late Wednesday that she did not know whether either teen had an attorney. The teens were being held at the Weld County jail but were not permitted to accept phone calls, Martinez said.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison.

sexualbanana
12-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Sounds less like imitating a game, and more like a stomping on a 7 year old

Eleanor
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
and here comes the video games ruin lives crowd blindly ignoring the real problems with this situation:

Originally posted by anarchy
Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk";

RIP to the little girl

Jayson
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
holy shit... that's terrible RIP

Destinova403
12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
what is wrong with people these days...

RIP.

Quinsonaaa
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
man oh man..

RIP

:confused:

mx73someday
12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
It wouldn't be such a bad thing if they never made another Mortal Kombat game again because of this, that series sucks.

300zxfairlday
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
RIP

3g4u
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I personally think that all violent video games should be banned. We need more happy vids like britaney spears dance beat.:poosie: Whats next? KID KILLS FAMILY WITH PLASTIC GUITAR ON CRAZY GUITAR HERO BENDER. "all i recall is trying Raining Blood on expert and next thing i know everybody is dead":nut:

Hakkola
12-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403
what is wrong with people these days...

RIP.

These days? People have always been fucked up, we just have a global media to thank for letting us know about how fucked up we really are.

Supa Dexta
12-20-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah I remember little house on the prairie days when mortal kombat killings were out of control, thankfully for the last 150 yrs they've died down, hope this is a sign of new flare ups..

Jackc
12-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u
"all i recall is trying Raining Blood on expert and next thing i know everybody is dead":nut:

Omg I need this for my sig :rofl:

Graham_A_M
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison.

lets hope so. Its one thing to contemplate such stupid crap at in the hieght of drunken stupidity, its another to do this.
She was 7 years old..... how the fuck could anybody do such a thing?

I'm just drawing a blank.... fucking unbelievable. :nut:

To think people like this are out there is pretty creepy.

Primer_Drift
12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u
I personally think that all violent video games should be banned. We need more happy vids like britaney spears dance beat.:poosie: Whats next? KID KILLS FAMILY WITH PLASTIC GUITAR ON CRAZY GUITAR HERO BENDER. "all i recall is trying Raining Blood on expert and next thing i know everybody is dead":nut:

I dunno why but that reminded me of this..
OdiwH_rOkwI

Talk about.. http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/New_emoticons/dead-horse-fast2.gif

aram1000
12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
F are these kids ever stupid, one would think they would have more sense then that, RIP for the 7 year old

anarchy
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
It's even worse that it's the girl's half sister. They were babysitting her while the mom is at work. Fuck, i can't even imagine how the mother felt when she found out about it.

I hope they lock em up for a long time.

TomcoPDR
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Poor girl :( RIP

DonJuan
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Fuck, i can't even imagine how the mother felt when she found out about it.

She probably wanted to Hadoken her a few times. (whoops, wrong game)

RIP. 7 year old

SCHIDER23
12-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Poor girl RIP :(

Splooge
12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
oh man that's horrible. stupid kids.

Shift_Perform
12-21-2007, 02:02 PM
fucken thats one of the most retarded things ive heard...this week...

the 2 girls should be BOTH trialed as adults 17 and 16 "should" be smart enough to know that beating a lil girl 7 years old will have consequences

D911
12-21-2007, 08:46 PM
WTF?

How in the world did they even tie this to Mortal Kombat?

unless one of them was throwing a rope dart yelling "GET OVER HERE" I think this is more of a case of some stupid teenagers, being stupid, and killing someone.

Lets just pass the blame to a video game somehow..ya thats right..